Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning May Day

(17 Posts)
Greyduster Mon 01-May-17 12:32:47

Lozzamas - just for you.....

Mapleleaf Mon 01-May-17 11:28:53

Good morning, all. Grey and overcast still, with occasional drizzle. Feels quite chilly - typical bank holiday weather! Just got back from coffee group. (We decided to have one despite it being the bank holiday). The turnout was good. May go to a garden centre later, but have not decided for definite.
Enjoy your day.?

Lozzamas Mon 01-May-17 11:25:23

Morning from a wet and windy Surrey. No Maypoles, Morris Dancers or similar in this part of the world. May Day long forgotten I said to DH when we woke up should we take a run out and see if we cannot find a May Fair or a May Queen parade every village had one when we were children remember many hours practising May pole dancing at school. Can't find one I'm afraid, so doing Sunday stuff at home.

Grannybug Mon 01-May-17 09:49:58

Good morning all from a sunny Northamptonshire.

whitewave Mon 01-May-17 09:07:32

Good Morning from May Day in Cornwall,

Off to see the 'Obby 'Orse today, just come back from a couple of hours walk up to the moor amongst the bluebells, primroses, wood anemones and bird song. Didn't see a single soul, just me and the dog.

Waiting for my egg and bacon now being prepared by DH. It doesn't get much better than this!!

Enjoy your day everyone

hildajenniJ Mon 01-May-17 09:06:46

Good morning everyone.
I've been up and doing for quite a while. The first load of washing is ready for the line. Still quite windy here with broken cloud and brief sunny intervals. No plans for the Bank Holiday, just the usual Monday stuff.
Have a good day all.

Greyduster Mon 01-May-17 09:04:01

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Cool and overcast this morning, but at least the wind has dropped. We had Morris dancers in the city centre last weekend, Mick - very entertaining; I love it. We have no plans for today. Leg is still not up to a walk ?. DD and her menfolk may be over for a late lunch - not confirmed yet. Have a good May Day, whatever you are doing.

Pittcity Mon 01-May-17 08:40:02

Good morning from a cloudy Colchester. We had much needed rain overnight. Had a lie in and have no firm plans for today.

Anniebach Mon 01-May-17 08:37:20

Good morning all

Iam64 Mon 01-May-17 07:52:23

A grey start to May Day here in the north west, another chill wind but on the bright side, no rain (yet)
We had an early start as our 15 month old grandson stayed over as his parents were out on the razzle. I suspect we'll be dozing off by this afternoon.

NfkDumpling Mon 01-May-17 07:37:23

(sorry Nana3, somehow missed your post. I do hope you recover soon and it's a quick cold! flowers)

kittylester Mon 01-May-17 07:36:01

Morning Nfk.

kittylester Mon 01-May-17 07:35:25

Good morning all.

Cheltenham is grey and overcast this morning. We are going down to have breakfast and then going hoping that we don't meet lots of bank holiday traffic.

Hope you feel better soon Nana3, enjoy the morris dancers Mick and take it easy PRINTMISS.

Enjoy your days everyone!

NfkDumpling Mon 01-May-17 07:35:09

Rabbits, rabbits, rabbits.

Morning All

Wet and 'orrible in Norfolk this morning. And still a stiff breeze. DH and DS had hoped to go for a sail today but I think it may be too miserable - and too breezy for DH's back which he managed to twist yesterday mending the fence. Ho hum.

Nana3 Mon 01-May-17 07:09:59

Good morning. Looking quite bright this morning. I have a cold and a cough, had to sleep sitting up.
Hope you all enjoy the bank holiday.

PRINTMISS Mon 01-May-17 06:49:23

Good morning to you all, White Rabbits, I have no idea why I am up and running so early in the morning, think I will go and lie down again. Enjoy your days.

12Michael Mon 01-May-17 06:45:50

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry and cloudy here in Brackley been some rain earlier.
The Morris Dancers are on the Piazza in the town centre this morning the local group and 2 others.
The nearest pub is open for champagne breakfasts.
Mick