Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(19 Posts)
12Michael Tue 02-May-17 06:30:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a sunny and blue sky start here in Brackley this morning, busy morning hovering, etc in the flat , and might teat myself as I am 69 today.
Mick

Floriatosca Tue 02-May-17 06:39:30

Good morning Everyone and a special happy Birthday to you Mick. Yes have a treat today - you deserve it! After a wet Bank Holiday weekend here in Torquay I decided to do the last bit of decluttering. I have also finally sorted out a box full of photographs and family memorabilia which I packed up for a house move twenty five years ago. What a job! First thing I am off to the local recycling centre (4th trip in all,) . A clutter free house .... what a lovely feeling. Enjoy your day Gransnetters!

NfkDumpling Tue 02-May-17 06:46:45

Morning All and a Very Happy Birthday Mick! wine [cake] flowers

After being so windy and overcast yesterday, Norfolk this morning is bright and still - but chilly yet.

Hope to go swimming this afternoon and maybe a totter on the beach if it stays fine.

NfkDumpling Tue 02-May-17 06:49:09

That should have been cupcake. I can't get used to all these American cakes. It's not a cupcake it's a bun with a cherry on the top. Bring back cakes and buns and proper muffins!

ninathenana Tue 02-May-17 07:00:23

Morning Mick HAPPY BIRTHDAY cupcakewine
Morning all
We had a great weekend of Motown at Littlecote House shame our friends didn't make it.
It's very misty in Kent this morning but set to be sunshine later.
Bertie is allowed out for first time today. Hope he comes back !

kittylester Tue 02-May-17 07:37:50

Morning all and many happy returns Mick - definitely treat yourself.wine

It is dull but warmish in North Leicestershire. I have lots of desk work to do along with some elearning. This afternoon a friend and I are going for a cuppa, natter and shop at a local farm.

Enjoy your days everyone.

Auntieflo Tue 02-May-17 07:40:30

Good morning all. It's lovely and sunny here. We are in a hotel drinking tea and being lazy before getting up and having breakfast. Then, when I've found my coat, i left it in reception last night, we drive off to catch the ferry to IOM . Happy birthday Mick. ?

annsixty Tue 02-May-17 07:52:16

Good morning all and Happy Birthday Mick. don't go mad with that housework, take a day off.

cornergran Tue 02-May-17 07:53:45

Morning All. Happy Birthday Mick, enjoy your day. wine and cupcake along with some brew as you fancy. Bright, sunny morning today. Off to visit a friend, with luck the motorway fairy is in a good mood. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

PRINTMISS Tue 02-May-17 07:56:45

Happy Birthday Mick, and good morning to everyone. A bright sunny morning here and I must get out into the garden and pot up the dahlias before we go off to a Parkinsons get together this pm. Enjoy your days.

Mapleleaf Tue 02-May-17 08:03:13

Good morning everyone. Happy birthday Mick. You must treat yourself with something nice. cupcake and flowers from me.
It's overcast and grey here at the moment but doesn't feel too cold. Hope it brightens up later.
Had a lovely afternoon yesterday potting up plants we got from the garden centre. Garden looking more colourful each day.
Have a nice Tuesday.

Anniebach Tue 02-May-17 08:05:38

Good morning all

Pittcity Tue 02-May-17 08:18:00

Good morning from sunny Colchester.
Happy Birthday Mick ??
Weather has cheered up after a miserable Bank Holiday, typical.
I have housework too. Only upstairs for now as DD2 and DGS2 are popping over and will leave a mess downstairs.

Greyduster Tue 02-May-17 08:21:06

Good morning, Michael and a very happy birthday to you! I hope you have a lovely day and make sure you do have a treat! The sun is shining here - it must have sneaked in behind you while you were posting, Maple! School run this afternoon. I am going to try and have a walk in the woods behind GS's school today as I have seen no bluebells this year yet. Before that, though, there is ironing to do. Have a good day, folks.

downsized Tue 02-May-17 08:23:21

Good morning from Malta where it looks like it is going to be a sunny day.

Many happy returns of the day, Mick. Hope you enjoy your treat.???

Wishing everyone a good day sunshine

whitewave Tue 02-May-17 08:53:44

Morning all from Cornwall

?Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday dear Mike
Happy Birthday to you?

Just back from my early morning walk in the sun - glorious.

Off to Port Isaac to see if there any John Dory - if so will eat in tonight as very partial to fish. Walking on cliffs today and drop down into Polzeath.

hildajenniJ Tue 02-May-17 08:55:47

Good morning everyone.
A very happy birthday Mick. ???
It's rather cloudy in the Tyne Valley, with overcast but broken cloud. Let's hope for warmer weather as, since it's May, DH has put the heating off.
I had a lovely walk in the bluebell woods, here's a picture.

Nana3 Tue 02-May-17 09:32:51

Good morning everyone from sunny Lancashire.
Wishing you a very happy birthday Mick?
OH has offered to visit Mum as I don't want to take my cold germs to the care home.
Have a very good day everyone.

Grannybug Tue 02-May-17 09:38:28

Happy Birthday Mick ! Enjoy your special day. It's a bright sunny morning here in Northants but still a little chilly. Enjoy Tuesday .