Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(19 Posts)
Mapleleaf Wed 03-May-17 17:04:41

Afternoon, all. Well, I don't know what happened to my post this morning! I know I checked it but I think I must not have then clicked send. I had said that the weather was lovely as Greyduster said and then added my best wishes for Greyduster for her visit to the dental hospital to get her results. So, Greyduster, I'm trying again. I hope all went well. flowers.

TerriBull Wed 03-May-17 09:23:43

Good morning from my corner of the south east, the BBC weather woman described today as "grey and grotty" which describes it perfectly. Shopping at Sainsburys, mooch round the shops, ironing and gym if energy levels are up to it.

MawBroon Wed 03-May-17 09:18:17

Good morning from a grey and "cool" corner of N Bucks. And I don't mean "hipster cool" more like "let's leave the heating on for another hour cool". I haven't even LOOKED at my summer linens and cottons, still in their bags in the loft and wonder if I ever will.
Oh whitewave, envy (but not begrudging you it, you understand)
A person can dream sad
Enjoy!! smile

PRINTMISS Wed 03-May-17 09:15:37

I am a little late this morning, overslept after a really busy morning in the garden yesterday, and a meeting in the afternoon, not used to all that activity in one day. Today we are supposed to be going to the bowls club just to say hello to everyone, but since the o.h. is still asleep, I am not sure about that. Just heard the wife of one of our really lovely bowlers died, I had not heard, so will now find a card for him. Enjoy your days.

hildajenniJ Wed 03-May-17 09:11:00

Good morning everyone.
From a bright and sunny Tyne Valley. When are we going to get some rain? Yesterday I made some teacakes. They turned out as solid lumps, Terry Pratchett's dwarves would be proud of them, honestly, they're like cannon balls! I must need some new yeast.
DH is busy today, I've been warned not to make lunch for him. I hope his meetings go well.
Have a lovely day everyone.

Anniebach Wed 03-May-17 09:02:13

Good morning all

Grannybug Wed 03-May-17 08:59:23

Good morning all from a cloudy Northamptonshire. Sun is trying to shine so fingers crossed. Enjoy Wednesday

harrigran Wed 03-May-17 08:42:07

Good morning from a bright sunny north east. School run for youngest GC this afternoon then a meal out tonight en famille when all the extra curricular activities are finished, phew it must be exhausting being a mum now.

Tippy22 Wed 03-May-17 08:35:31

Hello everyone back from my sick bed. Don't know what it was flu or just a heavy cold but it knocked me for six. Don't know why celebrities pay for lip fillers when a large cold sore will do the job for free albeit very painful. Sunny and still chilly outside. Enjoy your day everyone.

whitewave Wed 03-May-17 08:16:27

Morning all from Sunny Cornwall,

Just back from early morning constitional!!

Doc Martin was being filmed at Port Isaac yesterday. Feel sorry for the locals as it seems so disruptive. Amazed at the Americans who had come to see Port "Wen" on special trips!! Eventually were able to make our way onto our walk after waiting whilst filming was taking place. Waited in the pub so not all bad!!

Today Constantine Bay and walk across the dunes, then Rick Steins for lunch.

Only a couple of days left sad it goes too quickly.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Nana3 Wed 03-May-17 08:11:43

Good morning everyone. Very sunny this morning, must stock up on vitamin D, in other words sit in the garden.
Assignations NfkD shock
Have a peaceful and pain free day everyone.

ninathenana Wed 03-May-17 08:10:03

Morning all
It's dull and damp from overnight rain in Kent and we are forecast more. H debating whether to go to todays gardening job.
Housework for me. Have a good day.
My Fingers are crossed Greyduster

Pittcity Wed 03-May-17 08:02:23

Good morning from a damp, dismal Colchester. Makes a change for the bad weather to be here in the driest part of the UK.
Into town for regular Wednesday coffee. Hoping to meet some new ladies there today.
Also expecting a parcel from Amazon that WILL arrive while I am out!

NfkDumpling Wed 03-May-17 07:32:13

Morning All

Heavily overcast with a brisk northern wind in Norfolk this morning. We're off for lunch with some old friends we haven't seen for 35 years who're holidaying on the Broads. The weird thing is that if we hadn't cancelled our holiday to Wales we'd be knocking on their door this week - we each could have been standing on the others doorstep! A is three days older than me. Perhaps there is something in this astrology larK!

Good luck to all who have assignations with their dentists (or other medical persons) today.

kittylester Wed 03-May-17 07:25:17

Morning corner, try to take it easy today. brew

kittylester Wed 03-May-17 07:23:52

Good morning Mick, good morning Gd.

It's a lovely bright start in North Leicestershire. I have a dental checkup this morning and then a visit to my sister in law as she is 60 today!

Good luck today Greyduster. flowers

cornergran Wed 03-May-17 07:22:31

Morning All. Grey but sort of bright unlike me as I have been awake since 3.15. Grr. Good luck for today greyduster. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

Greyduster Wed 03-May-17 07:15:15

Good morning, Michael, and all GNs. Hope you enjoyed your birthday yesterday, Mick. A lovely sunny start in South Yorkshire. This is in for the day, I think. I have an appointment at the dental hospital for the results of my biopsy - fingers crossed - and hopefully to get rid of the stitches which are driving me bananas. DH will do the school run this afternoon. Have a good day, folks.

12Michael Wed 03-May-17 06:50:13

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry but grey start here in Brackley this morning.
Mick