Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Saturday

(20 Posts)
hildajenniJ Sat 06-May-17 09:53:47

Good morning all.
I posted on Auntieflo's thread, as I didn't see Mick's until now.
Still windy and cool with more cloud and sunny intervals in the Tyne Valley. Yesterday was lovely. We went to New Lanark Mill www.visitscotland.com/info/see-do/new-lanark-visitor-centre-p255251 with the family, the grandchildren really enjoyed it and learned a lot about how hard children had to work in the 1850's.

Nana3 Sat 06-May-17 09:02:35

Good morning mick and everyone. Looks a bit cloudy in Lancashire and the wind is still with us. Pancakes this morning with DGC who stayed over. A visit to Mum this afternoon and friends coming for dinner. All sounds good.
Enjoy your Saturday everyone.

Anniebach Sat 06-May-17 08:59:39

Good morning all.

kittylester Sat 06-May-17 08:51:03

Morning all from North Leicestershire.

We had a lovely afternoon yesterday and sat in the garden (out of the wind!!) and then I did some watering. This morning it is raining! That is also one of those laws. grin

Today I have my usual walk round the village shops and, if the rain stops, doing my summer pots.

loopyloo Sat 06-May-17 08:46:13

Morning everyone. You sound as if you are all out in glorious parts of the country. We are in East London where the sun is coming through grey cloud. Please, please may we have some warm soft rain for about 12 hours.
And the frost has killed my plum crop and attacked the leaves on the grapevine vine at the allotment.
Apart from that all is well!

Mapleleaf Sat 06-May-17 08:39:56

Morning everyone.
Hope it brightens up later, I hate these dull, grey days! Although we could do with some rain to water the gardens, it would be nice if it did it during the night, but looking out of the window, I think it could rain anytime soon. Never happy, really, are we? ?

Greyduster Sat 06-May-17 08:30:38

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Dull, cold and grey in South Yorkshire this morning. The wind seems to have dropped,a bit though. Some essential domestics today and batch cooking for the freezer. Exciting stuff! Have a good day, folks!

rosesarered Sat 06-May-17 08:28:23

Good morning from grey cloudy Oxfordshire.Still no rain! We really need some for the garden, fed up if having to water it. A busy day with DGC later, the calm before the storm at the moment.?

PRINTMISS Sat 06-May-17 08:24:39

Good morning all, We have sun! first time for ages the sun has shone in the morning, usually leaves it till 4 pm We could do with some rain - never satisfied. Shopping this morning, it is such an exciting life I lead. Won't need much, the freezer has broken down again, just old age I think, so I am going to use some of what is in there as long as I can, and phoning round local charities see if they are doing any meals and can use what we have. I re-stocked it just this week, which is one of those laws, isn't it. Enjoy your days.

harrigran Sat 06-May-17 08:24:11

Good morning, cool and overcast today.
Yesterday was the 32nd anniversary of my father's death and the weather was exactly the same in 1985, I can't remember whether we did eventually have a good summer after the cool start.

Tippy22 Sat 06-May-17 08:12:49

Grey and cloudy again here in Sussex. When are we going to get some decent sun. Enjoy your day everyone.

Pittcity Sat 06-May-17 08:02:20

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Dry and breezy again.
Joining a "Jane's Walk" in town this morning. There are free walks all weekend but I particularly fancied "Riots & Rebellions", can't think why!

cornergran Sat 06-May-17 07:46:42

Morning All. A cloudy start in our corner of Somerset. Some of the family here later, best get organised. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

whitewave Sat 06-May-17 07:36:53

Good Morning all

Back from Cornwall and a sunny but chilly morning on South Downs. Although it's been incredibly dry, it has been a cold spring I think.

Back to the garden. Everything seems to have doubled in size in just a week. Must tie in the clematis as the wind will break them all. Bearded iris are just about to flower. Roses are in full bud. It really is a lovely month May.

down send some warmth our way -I'd be grateful for a couple of degrees!!

Be happy everyone.

downsized Sat 06-May-17 07:27:07

Good morning all. We are experiencing a heatwave in Malta at present. Having grumbled about the cold, everyone is now finding the heat too much. We are never satisfied grin

Hope you all enjoy your Saturday, whatever you are doing. sunshine

grannylyn65 Sat 06-May-17 07:16:48

( Scotland)!

grannylyn65 Sat 06-May-17 07:16:29

☀️ and bright in Perth

Shirleyw Sat 06-May-17 06:58:44

Morning...a little overcast here in Bedfordshire but quite pleasant.

NfkDumpling Sat 06-May-17 06:52:34

Mornin Mick, morning Auntie Flo, morning All

I gather Auntie Flo posted early as she's travelling. Have a safe journey and yes please, do bring the sun with you, it's overcast and cold here in Norfolk again today. The sun did shine yesterday just so we can remember what it's like, but the forecast is more and more grey. Depressed!

12Michael Sat 06-May-17 06:38:59

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but seems to be clouding over type morning here in Brackley this morning.
Mick