Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(20 Posts)
Tallulah57 Wed 10-May-17 10:09:31

Good morning all from a beautiful sunny Lichfield sunshine

rosesarered Wed 10-May-17 09:37:06

Marvellous sunny day!
We shall go out somewhere for a long walk, the woods are full of bluebells.smile
Have a good day all.?

Tippy22 Wed 10-May-17 09:37:05

Late today. Sleepless night. Beautiful blue sky today. A walk on the beach beckons.
Enjoy your day everyone.

Mapleleaf Wed 10-May-17 09:20:20

Morning everyone. What a glorious day - it cheers the spirit to see sunshine and blue sky. The chilly breeze has died down, too. You should have the right conditions for your fishing, greyduster. I'm hoping to cut the front garden grass later and do some general pottering in the garden. Enjoy your day, whatever you have planned. ?

DanniRae Wed 10-May-17 09:18:15

A very Good Morning from a sunny South London.
When I get weeds between the slabs on my patio I simply pour boiling water over them - voila they are sorted!

Anniebach Wed 10-May-17 08:59:31

Good morning all

TerriBull Wed 10-May-17 08:46:34

Good morning from the edge of London, it's sunny and hopefully a bit warmer. I'm off swimming mid morning and then meeting up with one of my pals who I have know forever, for lunch by the riverside, hoping that the sun stays out and doesn't cloud over.

whitewave Wed 10-May-17 08:36:23

Oh kitty thanks for that - what a godsend I must have a look on line

PRINTMISS Wed 10-May-17 08:34:35

Good morning to you all and we too have wall to wall sunshine and it is warm out of that chilly wind. Chiropodist this morning, and then we have to wait in for the freezer repair main - although the wretched thing is working again now. It has a mind of its own, probably past its best before date, I think most things these days are made to work for just so long, probably as long as the initial insurance cover - I must be feeling grumpy this morning. Enjoy your days.

Pittcity Wed 10-May-17 08:32:29

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Still chilly but due to warm up.
Wednesday coffee morning today in Colchester town centre. I introduced a couple of new ladies to Gransnet last week.

kittylester Wed 10-May-17 08:24:43

ww, we fill the gaps between slabs with a special sand from b and q and only have to weed at the start of the year.

kittylester Wed 10-May-17 08:23:14

Morning all from a lovely sunny North Leicestershire.

This morning i will be driving round the local area visiting libraries, gp surgeries and shops asking them to display Alzheimer's posters. School run this pm!

Greyduster Wed 10-May-17 08:13:11

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A lovely sunny day in SouthYorkshire. The wind has dropped, so I am going fishing for a few hours this afternoon, all being well. Have a good day, whatever you are doing.

whitewave Wed 10-May-17 08:12:15

Good morning

Another glorious start on South Downs -just wish the chilly wind would go.

Hair appointment this afternoon. This morning going to weed one of the patios, - they get in amongst the slabs. A job I hate doing. DH says "use roundup" but I won't have any chemicals in the garden, so it's on my hands and knees.

Irises looking delightful, been browsing on line with an eye to some more to extend the bed, which is raised behind some rocks, I plant pinks of various shades in front and rockery plants to tumble over the rocks. This winter has been so mild that they all survived being hit by the frost and are growing with huge enthusiasm.

Enjoy your May late spring day everyone. What a divine time of year!!

Marydoll Wed 10-May-17 07:45:49

Good morning all.
Sun shining here in Renfrewshire.
DH out playing golf, so house all to myself. Bliss! A bit of baking and then pottering in garden.
Have a nice day all.

NfkDumpling Wed 10-May-17 07:41:32

Morning All

Much better to be sympathetic at the end of the phone Harrigran. You can always take cake when they're feeling better.

Incredibly Norfolk is sunny this morning! Clear blue wall to wall sunshine! Hopefully it may last. DS's 40th birthday today. My baby, my youngest is 40! We're calling round this afternoon for birthday cake. I'm loving that the DC have taken over the entertaining!

ninathenana Wed 10-May-17 07:38:11

Morning all
Horray ! sunshine and a couple of degrees warmer in Kent.
A day of pottering for me H is working all day, so just myself to please.

Nana3 Wed 10-May-17 07:17:42

Good morning Mick and everyone.
Lovely and sunny here in Lancashire. DGD with me for the day, a trip to the park planned.
Hope you all enjoy your Wednesday.

harrigran Wed 10-May-17 07:06:25

Good morning Mick, a lovely sunny start in the north east.
No school run today as the whole family are poorly and not going anywhere, been told not to visit because of my poor immunity to infection.

12Michael Wed 10-May-17 06:57:15

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a nice blue sky sunny morning here in Brackley, getting smart meter installed later.
Mick