Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(17 Posts)
12Michael Fri 12-May-17 06:50:16

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey and its been wet here in Brackley this morning, usual shop today.
Mick

cornergran Fri 12-May-17 06:57:17

Morning Mick, Morning All. Similarly grey and damp in our corner of Somerset. Germs still alive and well. Bit of dusting today and little else. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

downsized Fri 12-May-17 06:57:21

Good morning Mick, and everyone. The weather in Malta today is horrible! There seems to have been a dust storm in the night, sand from the Sahara covering everything, and now it's trying to rain so there will be a lot of cleaning to do later on.

Hope you all have a good day sunshine

MawBroon Fri 12-May-17 07:08:06

Good morning everybody. Grey here in N Bucks and we have had some rain at last. Not a lot though but I understand there may be more to come.
Got to get Paw off to MKH for his blood early as we then have to go to London mid afternoon for his echocardiogram. He doesn't "do" early starts so I am tiptoeing round him, breathing deeply and saying silently "This too shall pass".
To cheer myself up, DGS1 is 7 today, bless him, I can just imagine the excitement smile

kittylester Fri 12-May-17 07:15:35

Morning all!

North Leicestershire is similarly grey and drippy. I didn't get to see Bertie with his Sainsbury's Lego cards yesterday so that's my plan for today.

Hope the bugs depart, corner and that paw gets a wriggle on for you, Maw. I'd offer to help clean up, downsized but I'd rather see Bertie!

ninathenana Fri 12-May-17 07:24:14

Morning all
Wet and dull in Kent too. Possible thunderstorms later, hope that waits till we get back from food shopping.
Enjoy your days.

Greyduster Fri 12-May-17 07:26:25

Good morning, MIchael and all GNs. Grey, grey grey in South Yorks this morning. We may have some welcome rain. We are off to Oxford this morning with DS and DiL. He is driving hmm. Back on Sunday. Have a lovely day, folks.

mumofmadboys Fri 12-May-17 07:29:30

Another lovely day in the Lakes! So unusual for us. Walking with U3A group today. 11 miles. Hope my paws survive! Have a good day everyone!

whitewave Fri 12-May-17 07:56:38

Good Morning all

corner molly coddle yourself - it will pass!

maw my DH doesn't do mornings either - I'm a lark, so I ignore him more or less until he's had his fill of daylight after walking the dog and becomes human again.

As for me -Mums today. I do her shopping and any jobs she needs doing etc. She is 99 in July and is getting very frail. She lives on her own, but has a lot of input now. What a wealth of memories she has though. Walking history!!!!

Rain all night on the South Downs and humid and warmer. Yesterday had to come in from sitting in the sun!! Garden is thankful though.
Blue sky appearing now so perhaps it is going to clear up.

Enjoy yours days

Pittcity Fri 12-May-17 08:10:26

Good morning from a damp Colchester. The sun is trying to come out and it is humid. The rain has helped the garden but not the hayfever.
Ironing and shopping today. Seeing Spamalot in Colchester this evening.
Our diary is filling up now that DH has been retired for two weeks!

harrigran Fri 12-May-17 08:12:45

Good morning, overcast this morning and I qm hoping it won't rain on my parade.
Out to lunch with friend and her DH to celebrate my birthday, due to circumstances we have not seen each other since Christmas so it will be a lovely catch up.

Tippy22 Fri 12-May-17 08:25:50

Another grey day here in Sussex. Beautiful yesterday. Enjoy your day everyone.

PRINTMISS Fri 12-May-17 08:35:02

Good morning all, and yes it is grey here on the coast as well, but what a day we had yesterday, the wind came from a warmer direction and the sun shone, except for the odd shower which smelt wonderful. Think we had rain overnight, not sure and we are promised showers today, could do with more than showers. Anyway will be thankful for what we have. Nothing special for me today, spent a lot of time pottering recently. Enjoy your days.

Mapleleaf Fri 12-May-17 08:57:05

Good morning, everyone. As greyduster says, it's grey in South Yorks at the moment. Looked at forecast and we are due some showers (possibly thundery) and maybe a bit of sun throughout the day from 11ish. Gardens desperately need the rain!
Not a lot planned today, a few chores; but a walk before the rain comes first. Enjoy Friday ?

Anniebach Fri 12-May-17 09:11:40

Good morning all from Wales, heavy rain and rather cold

NfkDumpling Fri 12-May-17 09:12:51

Morning All

Grey and still in Norfolk, but the forecast which had said rain all morning has changed to possibility of a light shower! We've loads of birds nesting and buzzing around the garden this year - probably because it's so dry in the countryside so they've moved in.

DH is hoovering around me - there are advantages to having knee ops - I wonder how long I can stretch it!

Kacee Fri 12-May-17 11:29:38

Morning all. Wasn't quitell sure what it wanted to do here on Middx. Started sunny then cloudy then sunny and now raining.