Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Sunday

(22 Posts)
12Michael Sun 14-May-17 06:23:56

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a wet start here in Brackley this morning, but also a glimpse of brightness as well.
Mick

kittylester Sun 14-May-17 06:57:42

Morning Mick, morning all!

We are on the 10th floor of a hotel in Harrogate. We have fabulous views which are slightly misty but look promising. Home after breakfast.

Enjoy your Sundays everyone! sunshine

NfkDumpling Sun 14-May-17 07:01:01

Morning Mick, morning All

No rain to speak of yesterday, just a quick light shower. There should be a belt of rain passing over right now, but nothing, just high cloud. If it's with you now Mick perhaps it'll get here soon so this afternoon is dry as we hope to take DS and family sailing.

12Michael Sun 14-May-17 07:18:22

Kitty are at the Majestic in Harrogate I stayed there on 3rd floor with views looking across to the Conference Centre, There again in July @ Nidd Hall.
Mick

NfkDumpling Sun 14-May-17 07:21:01

The rain has just arrived Mick! I have high hopes for this afternoon now!

Enjoy Harrogate Kitty its lovely!

Grannybug Sun 14-May-17 07:21:53

Good morning all from a wet Northamptonshire. No sign of a break in the grey sky. Enjoy Sunday.

Gymstagran Sun 14-May-17 07:32:50

Morning all. We have the sun in West Midlands. Hope it lasts

kittylester Sun 14-May-17 07:37:08

No, Mick, we are at the Crown Plea, so right next to the Conference Centre.

I was supposed to be on a gf cookery course so we booked (and prepaid) the hotel and then the course was cancelled!!

kittylester Sun 14-May-17 07:37:51

Crown Plaza!!

Marydoll Sun 14-May-17 07:52:23

Good morning all, it has been raining overnight, but sun trying to break through. My husband is delighted, as he has put down grass seed. Recent dry spell is playing havoc with the lawn.
I have to be out early to open up our church, as the key holder has taken himself off to sunny Salou for two weeks. envy.
It's my birthday, so I am having a day with my family. Enjoy your day everyone.

PRINTMISS Sun 14-May-17 07:53:02

Good morning, sunny this morning, after overnight rain, that's the way to do it! Will be a bit too wet to garden this a.m. but will try to pot up some plants I bought a couple of days ago when I felt really keen. That somehow wore off, but I must do it soon. Enjoy your days.

MawBroon Sun 14-May-17 08:19:14

Good morning all, like most of you we have had some rain overnight which is good news. I hope there aren't any downpours though as the peonies- which only came into flower on Friday - always seem to suffer.
Quiet day, having dealt with the ironing yesterday maybe a good book? Or last night's Eurovision on iPlayer - no, thought not.

MawBroon Sun 14-May-17 08:22:22

Happy Birthday MaryDoll ????!

Anniebach Sun 14-May-17 08:35:43

Good morning all

whitewave Sun 14-May-17 08:41:18

Morning all

We were in Harrogate this time last year and it snowed!!!!! Walked to Harlow Carr which was a delight both the walk and gardens in the snow though!

mary many Happies!!

Sun after rain overnight is brilliant growing weather.

Must tie in the sweet peas as they are really taking off now and feed them. Grown from seed sown in March I think it was and they are lovely plants. They were free from the RHS.
All the new irises are showing their colours. Benton Kent Pride from Beth Chatto is incredible.
Feed the roses today as well I think as they are putting on a lot of growth and in full bud. Olivia from David Austin is in flower -a lovely clear pink.
Not sure what to have for supper tonight. Feel lazy so might go out.

Enjoy your day all

Greyduster Sun 14-May-17 08:43:09

Good morning Michael and all GNs. A sunny morning in Oxford. We are on our way home later. A very enjoyable stay except for the late nights! Happy birthday Marydoll! Hope the sun is shining for you! Have a good day, folks!

Nana3 Sun 14-May-17 08:45:38

Good morning from Lancashire, sunny here and it rained overnight. Had lovely coastal / estuary walk yesterday, saw lots of waders and a little egret.
Family for lunch today. A mountain of ironing to do this evening.
Happy birthday Marydoll. flowers Have a good day everyone.

annsixty Sun 14-May-17 08:49:42

Good morning all.
If you get to Harlow Carr before you leave for home they have a Betty's cafe. You could have a coffee and a Fat Rascal, well you could watch your H eat one as I am sure they aren't GF.
Happy Birthday * Marydoll*

gma Sun 14-May-17 08:58:49

Woke up to rain here in Norwich this morning! Much needed!! Stoppped now, fortunate though as DD is taking part in 10k run this morning for Cancer Research! Wow! sun trying to get through!

Pittcity Sun 14-May-17 09:02:43

Good morning from rainy Colchester. Don't mind if it carries on as the garden needs it and not much is planned here today. Roast chicken tonight.
Happy birthday Marydoll

Mapleleaf Sun 14-May-17 09:05:22

Good morning everyone. Happy birthday, marydoll. flowers cupcake
Pleased that all of you on your travels have had a lovely time.
Sun is shining here in South Yorks at the moment. We've had quite a lot of rain during the night by the looks of things - much needed ?
Have a lovely Sunday, folks.

Marydoll Sun 14-May-17 20:01:20

Thank you all, I have had a lovely sunny day out with my DGD, son and DIL at Stirling.