Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Monday

(20 Posts)
grannylyn65 Mon 15-May-17 12:22:59

Horrible in Perth ! ??

Mapleleaf Mon 15-May-17 12:18:45

Hello, everyone.
As Greyduster thought, the rain has arrived here in South Yorks. It's quite breezy, too. At least the gardens are getting some much needed water. Been out to my coffee group. Now got a few indoor chores to do. Enjoy the rest of Monday.

Shirleyw Mon 15-May-17 09:33:06

Dull with rain on and off in Bedfordshire......reluctant to put on tumble dryer.....

hildajenniJ Mon 15-May-17 09:26:46

Good morning everyone.
Hooray, it's raining in the Tyne Valley. It can rain all day for me, everything in the garden is crying out for it. For myself, I'm having a purge on my cupboards and drawers, and giving everything I don't wear to the charity shop or clothes bank. What a good job that will be, when I'm finished.
Have a good day everyone.

whitewave Mon 15-May-17 09:13:21

Morning all

Wet here on South Downs, so no gardening this morning. Shall clean the kitchen instead.

Lunch at the marina today with friend. She has an apartment there and is visiting it to make sure alls well, so will meet her there and then go out to lunch.

Just heard from school friend who lives in Vancouver - we have known each other since we were about 12. Both bridesmaids at each other's wedding and looking forward to our 50th next year. Where has the time gone?? It seems at one level another era and yet at another just last year.

Enjoy your day all

harrigran Mon 15-May-17 08:59:12

Good morning, grey and windy with rain promised in the next half hour.
Yesterday was a pleasant day, warm enough to read the paper in the garden.

Nelliemoser Mon 15-May-17 08:25:45

Good morning all. Last week I was desperate for it to rain as I had a lot of new plants who really needed it. I seem to have got what I asked for.
Although I think most of our GN gardeners will also be pleased. Wet and windy in Cheshire.

farview Mon 15-May-17 08:09:51

Good morning all....Pouring down and grey in Lancs but have got sunshine on the way at 9a.m...hes ten months ol?☀

Tippy22 Mon 15-May-17 08:07:33

Raining and chilly here at the moment in Sussex. Enjoy your day everyone.

Pittcity Mon 15-May-17 08:06:24

Good morning from a grey, damp Colchester.
Walking Netball is going to be a bit damp today.

Greyduster Mon 15-May-17 08:05:46

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a gloomy South Yorkshire. Rain expected, I think. I have food shopping to do today - the cupboards are bare(ish) - and some dahlias to plant. Other than that, a steady day. Enjoy yours, folks!

ninathenana Mon 15-May-17 07:55:13

Morning all.
A beautifu warm, sunny day in Kent yesterda we even managed lunch on the patio.
Today is typical Monday morning weather raining and windy.
Have a good day everyone.

Grannybug Mon 15-May-17 07:27:01

Good morning everyone from an overcast and windy Northamptonshire.

MawBroon Mon 15-May-17 07:12:00

Good morning everybody!
It's a bit dreich here in N Bucks but a very special bairn is ONE today so the sun is shining in my heart! sunshine ??
Have a lovely day all!

cornergran Mon 15-May-17 07:11:14

Morning nana3.

cornergran Mon 15-May-17 07:10:28

Morning Mick, Kitty and All. It's a grey start in our corner of Somerset, a bit gloomy, gloomy, what I call an Eeyore day. Paperwork and some sewing today before some extras for tea. Still snuffling so I hope they have their masks.grin. Hope Monday is kind to everyone.

Nana3 Mon 15-May-17 07:09:21

Good morning kitty

Nana3 Mon 15-May-17 07:07:54

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's raining in Lancashire. Jobs at home for me today.
I'm sure some GN friends will be affected by the problems in the hospitals, best wishes to you.
Hope you all have a good day.

kittylester Mon 15-May-17 07:03:17

Morning Mick, morning all!

It's bright but showery in North Leicestershire which is good - I might not have to water tonight.

Desk work this morning and helping with an Alzheimer's Society Carer's' course this afternoon.

Enjoy your Mondays everyone!sunshine

12Michael Mon 15-May-17 06:31:30

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry but grey start here in Brackley this morning, windy but no rain yet.
Mick