Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(19 Posts)
12Michael Thu 18-May-17 06:29:58

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a nice blue sky this morning, but also feels cooler as well here in Brackley.
Mick

Greyduster Thu 18-May-17 06:40:23

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Wow! This is early for me. Woke up at some ungodly hour and couldn't really get off again. The sun is shining on South Yorkshire but there is a heavy mist in the fields after all the rain we had yesterday. Laundry, library and loaping through the countryside in that order for us today. Have a happy day, folks.

kittylester Thu 18-May-17 06:47:20

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's a bright start in North Leicestershire but we are off to see DGDs 2 & 3 in Hertfordshire today. The older one was 6 yesterday. We get to spend some time with DD2 and then to see the girls.

Enjoy your days everyone.

NfkDumpling Thu 18-May-17 06:47:37

Morning All

Grey, still and overcast in Norfolk. I have hopes that the day may improve as I want to do a bit of gardening to get out of the way.
We have a nice man coming this morning to start re-plastering the dining room ceiling and DH is the re-decorating, which he hates but insists on doing himself. The contents of that room are heaped around the house and I'm wondering how everything is going to fit back in.

Nana3 Thu 18-May-17 07:18:36

Good morning Mick and everyone. Happy to report a bright start again in Lancashire.
North West meet up at Barton Grange garden centre today, we'll be thinking of our GN friend rubylady who is having her op today.
Have a good day everyone.

whitewave Thu 18-May-17 07:29:22

Good morning from a bright South Downs

It has been very warm and humid the past couple of days, but a tiny bit fresher this morning i fancy.

All the luck in the world to ruby. Pity we can't send her cards etc. I am sure it would help to buck her up in difficult times during her recovery.

Nothing planned today which I love. It's a please myself day. I shall fiddle in the garden. Read and generally drift through the day.

Ham and spinach gratin for supper. Spicy chicken drumsticks and salad for lunch.
No carbs but no weight loss either sad

Mapleleaf Thu 18-May-17 08:12:47

Good morning everyone. Lovely to wake up to a sunny morning today. Got some bedding in the wash to dry outside later, hopefully. Going to pot up some plants later this morning.
Enjoy your day, folks ?

harrigran Thu 18-May-17 08:13:03

Good morning from a lovely sunny north east. DH has already left for his fasting blood sugar test and kindly left me a cup of tea.
Lovely couple of hours with one GD and half hour with eldest yesterday, just enough time to hear how the SATS and violin exam went.

Pittcity Thu 18-May-17 08:24:07

Good morning from Colchester. Blue sky but the sun has just gone behind a wispy cloud. Resting and pottering today as I caught DH's stomach bug and feel a bit washed out.

Gymstagran Thu 18-May-17 08:24:32

Morning all. Very bright and sunny in West Midlands. Good job really as the sun woke me when the alarm didn't. Early morning training session done, rest of the day to suit myself.

cornergran Thu 18-May-17 08:26:27

Morning All from a bright and sunny corner of Somerset. Monsoon seems to have stopped for now. Not much today other than a bit of a rest and a short walk if the sun stays out. Desperate to get rid of the germs so will see what a rest does. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

PRINTMISS Thu 18-May-17 08:32:40

Good morning to you all, a bright start to the day, and I can actually hear the weeds growing after all that beautiful rain, although it was rather too much, which is typical, isn't it. Out to lunch with friends today, then they are taking us on a little trip to Portslade. Must sort out the spar bedroom, been saying that for days. Enjoy your day.

TerriBull Thu 18-May-17 08:42:21

Good morning from a wet, so far, week in Dorset. However, today may be more promising weather wise, so we are crossing the county line, as they say in America, and off to lovely Lymington, Hants, meandering there slowly via coastal roads so we can get a good look at the Isle of Wight on the way. Please don't rain!

ninathenana Thu 18-May-17 08:46:33

Morning all
I was awake at 5.15am but managed to drift off again until 8am which is good as I have no plans today.
The sun is a bit hazy at the moment in Kent but fingers crossed. It is a few degrees cooler though.

MawBroon Thu 18-May-17 08:49:31

Good morning everyone. What a difference from yesterday's non-stop downpour!
Clear blue sky, wall to wall sun and the birdies singing their heads off sunshine

Tippy22 Thu 18-May-17 08:59:40

Another grey day after a night of rain. Hope it brightens as I have a lot to do today. Enjoy your day everyone.

hildajenniJ Thu 18-May-17 09:17:04

Good morning everyone.
It's cloudy with a few patches of blue sky and fleeting glimpses of the sun in Tynedale this morning. Hope it stays dry as I've got to put DH's jacket on the washing line. Hoovering and ironing for me today and DS is coming for lunch so must find a good recipe for a fish curry.
Have a good day everyone.

rosesarered Thu 18-May-17 10:11:43

Lovely sunny day here today, we are having a coffe in the conservatory and I said to DH a few moments ago, we should do something, dry weather today! oh yes, he said eagerly, I can take all that stuff in the garage to the dump! grin
So he has just gone off happily, men hey? I expect we will go somewhere after lunch though, and make the most of the sun.

Anniebach Thu 18-May-17 10:21:54

Good morning all from sunny Wales , dark clouds over the mountains though