Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(23 Posts)
NfkDumpling Fri 19-May-17 11:19:55

The way the very fine rain is visibly drifting across the garden makes me think that, at 300 feet above sea level, we're in a very, very, very low cloud!

Anniebach Fri 19-May-17 09:58:23

Good morning all from Wales, sunny but think showers on the way.

Grannybug Fri 19-May-17 09:48:22

Good morning all from a dreary grey Northamptonshire. Not yet raining but looks as if it will be soon! Enjoy Friday.

Marydoll Fri 19-May-17 09:45:38

Good morning all, sunny here in Renfrewshire. Hubby out early playing golf, so I have a few hours of peace and quiet. Housework done, washing out and about replace all my seedlings in greenhouse, which have totally decimated by some unknown creature. sad. I wonder if I should bother. This has never happened before.

TerriBull Fri 19-May-17 09:22:29

Good morning from Dorset, Yay! it's sunny, if I look to my left I can see the Needles off the Isle of Wight and to my right the Isle of Purbeck. We had a good day in Lymington yesterday, whilst not overly hot and slightly cloudy at least it didn't rain. Today we may go to Christchurch, (highest demographic of oldies in the country, so we'll be alright there) and then off into the New Forest.

Oldcroc17 Fri 19-May-17 09:19:13

A bit of a dull morning here in Preston. It was sunshine here yesterday and lovely to sit out and have lunch with other (9 of us ) gransnetters.

PRINTMISS Fri 19-May-17 09:12:04

Good morning, late again! I shall get a black mark. Out all day yesterday driving round with friends, after a lovely lunch together. It was raining continuously, and as Whitewave says, that's enough, thank you, turn the tap off for a couple of days, let's get the garden sorted and the washing done. Enjoy your days.

hildajenniJ Fri 19-May-17 08:49:45

Good morning everyone.
Fine and dry with high cloud cover in the Tyne Valley. I wish it would rain! The garden is so dry. We had a couple of showers yesterday but nothing like enough. Today, more sorting through my cupboards and drawers. I have far to many clothes that I don't wear.
Have a good day everyone.

Tippy22 Fri 19-May-17 08:27:32

Very grey and drizzly. Hope it brightens as I'm off to Brighton to meet up with my DD2 and GD for afternoon tea, a belated birthday present for me. Enjoy your day everyone.

Mapleleaf Fri 19-May-17 08:21:26

Good morning everyone,
No sunshine here today. Very wet as Greyduster says.
We had a lovely day yesterday until about 7pm, then the rain came and it's still at it. Looks set in for some time yet, too.
Not a lot planned for today, just a few general household chores. Out for a walk later if it dries up.
Have a lovely Friday ?

Pittcity Fri 19-May-17 08:18:35

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Not rainy here atm.
Off to Brentwood for a Gransnet meetup where I understand it is rainy!

harrigran Fri 19-May-17 08:11:08

Good morning, grey and damp in the north east. A good day for tidying cupboards and shelves if I can put down the tablet and get off my bum.

ninathenana Fri 19-May-17 08:00:26

Morning all.
Grey but dry for now in Kent. It started raining about 4 pm yesterday and was still at it at midnight.
The rain has come too late for farmer friends who say their potato crop this year is a disaster.

Greyduster Fri 19-May-17 07:58:18

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Corner what are you doing keeping all that sunshine to yourself?? Spread a little around, please! We certainly haven't got any in South Yorkshire. It is raining, but to be fair, we did have a lovely day yesterday. A steady day for us today. I am ironing and making a beef casserole, but nothing much more. Enjoy whatever you are doing.

whitewave Fri 19-May-17 07:49:55

Mind you my grandfather was a gardener in a huge estate pre the First World War, and always said that you could never have too much rain in May.

whitewave Fri 19-May-17 07:48:07

Good morning

Well after so much dry weather I now think I've had enough rain for a while - so can someone press the appropriate button please?

Mums today.

Spiced Smoked haddock kedgeree for supper.

Hope all your days are good ones

cornergran Fri 19-May-17 07:39:17

Morning All. Blimey, we've got sunshine in our corner of Somerset. Who'd have thought it? Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

NfkDumpling Fri 19-May-17 07:32:28

Morning All

'Orrible in Norfolk. Wet, drippy and decidedly chilly. Whoever did the rain dance can do a sun dance now please.

kittylester Fri 19-May-17 07:24:42

Morning all.

Surprisingly, North Leicestershire is also grey and drippy.

I'll be discombobulated today as I have to do my Sainsbury's shop on the wrong day!

Enjoy your Fridays everyone. sunshine

Nana3 Fri 19-May-17 07:10:38

Good morning Mick and everyone. Overcast this morning in Lancashire, the forecast is sunshine and showers.
Hairdressers for me this morning. Then a mooch around the shops.
Hope you all have a good day.

grannylyn65 Fri 19-May-17 07:02:40

Sunny but overcast i Perth

Gymstagran Fri 19-May-17 06:55:33

Morning Mick , morning all. It's pretty much the same here in West Midlands

12Michael Fri 19-May-17 06:42:22

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a wet and miserable morning here in Brackley this morning.
mick