Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Saturday

(15 Posts)
12Michael Sat 20-May-17 06:19:53

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright but its cloudy here in Brackley at the moment, expecting a BT engineer anytime after 7 this morning, hope he sorts BT TV out and line speed.
Mick

whitewave Sat 20-May-17 07:19:20

Good morning Mick,

A bit showery today, but not a breath of wind at the moment.

Just watching all the babies coming down to be fed by their parents making a huge racket.

All the roses beginning to look glorious, it looks as if it's going to be a good year for roses.

Enjoy your day all

NfkDumpling Sat 20-May-17 07:29:16

Morning Michael, morning WW and All

High cloud and clearing here in Norfolk. Off to meet Bloomer mates to buy bedding plants for our In Bloom flower boxes and beds around town. Planting out next week.

Our roses are looking good too WW lots of baby birds this year means their parents have cleaned off all the greenfly etc. No flowers yet though, we're a bit behind here - my white wisteria is only now coming into flower.

Greyduster Sat 20-May-17 07:46:13

Good morning, Michael, and all GNs. The sun is shining on South Yorkshire this morning - at the moment. Not sure it's going to last. Hoping to get out into the garden; the weeds are coming up with a vengeance! Have a good day folks.

Pittcity Sat 20-May-17 08:03:11

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Waiting in for a delivery - a new spare room bed. No other plans.

kittylester Sat 20-May-17 08:12:42

Morning all!

It's a glorious start in North Leicestershire.

A walk to the village for flowers and to pay the papers. This pm will be spent propping up peonies that have been felled by the rain sad. We also have to do a risk assessment for when we open the gardens - who knew! confused

Enjoy your days everyone!

cornergran Sat 20-May-17 08:20:58

Morning All. Our corner of Somerset is back to its usual cloud. Admin stuff this morning then a meander which will undoubtedly involve tea and cake. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

Luckygirl Sat 20-May-17 08:36:56

Cloudy here in Herefordshire, but little glimpses of sun.

Alpines in the patio wall looking good, and roses in the new scented bed are in bud.

Tasks for today: make miles of bunting for Folk by the Oak (check it out on google; it is brilliant and run by my DD and SIL), have a walk, clean kitchen floor (groan).

ninathenana Sat 20-May-17 08:37:53

Morning all.
Dry and sunny in Kent but I'm not holding my breath on that.
A lazy day for H and I just doing this and that.

aggie Sat 20-May-17 08:41:55

Morning all , bright here ,looks like we had rain in the night , Bowls dinner tonight . I haven't played for two years but got an invite smile

PRINTMISS Sat 20-May-17 08:51:24

Good morning to you all, at the moment the sun is shining, but I think it is going to be one of those days when it will be sunshine and showers - probably showers when I am out walking to the shops! The garden looks so much better for the rain, but must get out and prop up some dropping poppies. Enjoy your days.

Anniebach Sat 20-May-17 09:13:03

Good morning all from Wales

hildajenniJ Sat 20-May-17 09:27:32

Good morning everyone.
Dry but overcast in the Tyne Valley. Not much going on today, just pottering around doing this and that.
Have a good weekend everyone.

Tippy22 Sat 20-May-17 10:00:39

Glorious sunshine at the moment after a torrential downpour earlier. Hopefully a quieter day after trying to keep up with a very energetic 2 year old yesterday. Enjoy your day everyone.

Mapleleaf Sat 20-May-17 11:46:08

Morning everyone,
Still sunny in South Yorks, but the cloud is building up again and it looks as if we'll get some rain again. Off for afternoon tea this p.m. with both SiL. Looking forward to a good chat and then a wander around the garden centre after our tea