Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(19 Posts)
whitewave Thu 25-May-17 11:29:11

Good morning

Bit late as man putting in the thingymajig arrived very early, and I've been supplying him with drink as it is too hot really to do manual work.

DH was happy as the man spotted some of DHs wood work in the wood shed and has bought 4 little bird houses for his Swiss relatives. They were supposed to be for the fete on Monday - they really are very attractive and not surprised that he snapped them up.

Hot, hot, hot!!! Divine!

Chicken hot pot hmm for supper

MawBroon Thu 25-May-17 09:45:06

It must have been the spiritual influence downsized!!
???????????

downsized Thu 25-May-17 09:29:43

Actually, it was a great success, Maw! There was quite an assortment of animals who behaved remarkably well. Perhaps it was due to the blessing they received from the archpriest, but it was only a short assembly and then I walked home carrying DGD's bunny in a cat carrier. It was a first for me.grin

rosesarered Thu 25-May-17 09:12:39

Good morning to all, same here, going to be very hot today ( cotton dress weather) we had breakfast in the garden, lovely, all birdsong and bees.
A quick visit to the garden centre this morning to look at patio roses.?

Tippy22 Thu 25-May-17 08:52:20

Lovely blue sky and hopefully another gorgeous day in East Sussex. Enjoy your day everyone.

cornergran Thu 25-May-17 08:27:12

Morning All. Our corner of Somerset is also sunny and warm. Plan to do a little gardening, our garden refuse is colllected tomorrow, then some sitting in the garden, probably following the shade. Grandchild containing this evening. smile. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

Pittcity Thu 25-May-17 08:25:57

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Another hot one here.
Walking Netball has been cancelled this morning because everyone has suddenly got somewhere else to go. So I shall be enjoying the garden instead.

Gymstagran Thu 25-May-17 08:23:56

Morning all. The sun is shining here in West Midlands too. Going to take advantage of peace today before babysitting all weekend . Hope you all enjoy the day.

PRINTMISS Thu 25-May-17 07:51:18

Good morning to you all, bright and beautiful here again, and off to the doctors for blood tests, etc. Kitty enjoy your afternoon sitting in the garden, surely you deserve that, and I can think of no better way to spend a Thursday afternoon. Enjoy your days.

Mapleleaf Thu 25-May-17 07:39:08

Good morning, everyone.
What a beautiful morning it is, and as Greyduster says, it's going to be another warm one here in South Yorks. Not sure what I am going to do today, though my tomato plants need potting up into a bigger container to stay outside - I've been bringing them in at night, but think I can risk leaving them out now(?).
Enjoy Thursday. ?

Nana3 Thu 25-May-17 07:26:33

Good morning. Sunny in Lancashire. Busy preparing holiday clothes, getting house visitor ready (they're staying for a week) and gardening. Visiting Mum this afternoon. Have suggested a pub meal this evening after that lot.
Take care of that new knee NfkD. Someone said to me if you get a bungalow you lose the ability to do stairs.
Best wishes for Thursday everyone.

MawBroon Thu 25-May-17 07:20:15

Good morning all!! Blue skies and sun on the Costa N Bucks ?
I think the sound of downsized's DGD's "bring your pet to school day" sounds potentially catastrophic hilarious. Do you remember the Vicar of Dibley's pet service? How you stop the dogs chasing the cats or the cats eyeing up the hamsters and gerbils I cannot imagine! Brave teachers! Hope it is lots of fun for everybody.
Wishing you all a pleasant day sunshine

ninathenana Thu 25-May-17 07:12:33

Morning all.
Blue sky, warm and sunny in Kent too.
I had the fan on in the bedroom last night, unusual for May.
Lunch out with a friend today.

NfkDumpling Thu 25-May-17 06:45:44

Morning All

Bright and sunny again here in Norfolk. Wonderful! Off to do more planting in town this morning. Then I may start weeding our front garden. How do weeds manage to thrive so in a drought? Catching up for lost time as my new knee seems to be working well and I'm making up for lost time (apart from stairs which are more of an effort than anything!)

kittylester Thu 25-May-17 06:39:26

Morning you three early birds.

It's a fabulous start in North Leicestershire after a night that was rather too warm.

Sainsbury's this morning and then sitting in the garden this afternoon. I still haven't found a way to fill my Thursday afternoons now I don't have to visit mum.

Enjoy your Thursdays everyone. sunshine

Greyduster Thu 25-May-17 06:33:39

Sorry downsized - three early birds together!

Greyduster Thu 25-May-17 06:32:44

Good morning, Michael. Two early birds together. Going to be another warm one in South Yorkshire today. Not sure what I am doing today but it may be a toss up between cleaning the downstairs windows or clearing out the spare bedroom as there is not room to put a foot down in there! Have a good day, folks.

downsized Thu 25-May-17 06:30:09

Good morning Mick and everyone. Glad to see you are having some lovely weather. It's sunny here in Malta too. I'm up bright and early as it is 'bring your pet to school day' for DGD today, so I have to go and collect her rabbit after assembly grin

Hope you all enjoy your day.sunshine

12Michael Thu 25-May-17 06:15:55

Good Morning Everyone,
its bright blue sky start here in Brackley bodes for another fine day.
Mick