Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Bank Holiday Monday

(18 Posts)
12Michael Mon 29-May-17 06:41:20

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but grey at the moment in Brackley after some overnight rain, which did not look to be allot.
Mick

ninathenana Mon 29-May-17 07:19:10

Morning Mick, morning all.
Blue sky and sun in Kent. We had a storm in the night with the longest rumble of thunder I've ever heard.
A stroll along the prom later, is as far as we go. I don't fancy arguing with the traffic today.

Nana3 Mon 29-May-17 07:30:09

Good morning, cloudy in Lancashire. A local walk for me and 2 DGC, OH going to work as usual. Traffic puts us off travelling too nina. Hope everyone enjoys their Bank Holiday Monday.

cornergran Mon 29-May-17 07:33:47

Morning All. Overcast after overnight rain no thunder, other than Mr C's snoring, in our corner of Somerset. Catch up day today. May pick up a parcel from a shop later. Exciting times here grin. Hope Monday is kind to everyone.

Mapleleaf Mon 29-May-17 07:44:15

Good morning, everyone.
It's been raining through the night. Not sure if it thundered - if it did, I slept through it. At the moment it's dry but grey here in South Yorks, but light rain is forecast throughout the day and it's a bit cooler. Had planned to cut the grass today, but unless it dries up later, it's unlikely to happen. Oh, well, there's always the ironing! ?
Enjoy your day.

Gagagran Mon 29-May-17 07:44:45

A little overnight rain here too - saves me watering the pots and they do seem to like rain rather than tap water. Like others we avoid Bank Holiday travel so a quiet day at home beckons.

Greyduster Mon 29-May-17 07:52:32

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The weather is as grey as my mood this morning but like Maple I didn't hear any thunder during the night. We are off to DDs for tea and a games evening, and then GS is coming back here with us for an overnight. I will bake today I think. Have a good day folks.

kittylester Mon 29-May-17 07:56:56

Morning all from North Leicestershire where we had rain overnight but where it is quite muggy and grey.

DH is on a mission to find a new sound system so that's our plan for today.

Gymstagran Mon 29-May-17 08:09:32

Morning all. It's grey and a bit cooler here too, West Midlands. A lazy day with granchildren I think.

Anniebach Mon 29-May-17 08:10:15

Good morning all

Rinouchka Mon 29-May-17 08:18:24

Good morning, everyone, after an absence of several weeks from GN due to work. Indulging in a lazy Bank Holiday at home catching up on GN and messages but aim to get some exercise during the day. Love the lush greenness of the garden after the night's rain and the serenity it brings, even if momentary.
Hope you all have a pleasant, happy day!

NfkDumpling Mon 29-May-17 08:29:00

Morning All

And welcome back Rinouchka. A humid overcast morning here in Norfolk. It must have rained a lot last night as everywhere is quite soggy.

Now off to Titchewell for a bit of birding and peace and quiet before picking up DGS and DGDog. They're coming to stay for the week while DIL has her big op.

harrigran Mon 29-May-17 08:49:23

Good morning, no overnight rain but starting to drizzle now. Family away so we will catch up on household jobs.

Pittcity Mon 29-May-17 09:01:35

Good morning from sunny Colchester. We had 2 hours of loud thunderstorms last night, hence the lie in! Beautiful this morning but more rain due later, so we are off for a walk now.

Tippy22 Mon 29-May-17 09:22:14

Lovr

Tippy22 Mon 29-May-17 09:24:25

What happened there. Lovely blue sky after thunderstorm overnight. Recovering after spending the day on the beach with an energetic 2 year old. Enjoy your day everyone.

rosesarered Mon 29-May-17 09:53:17

Good morning from a grey but warm Oxfordshire.It rained during the night, which is good for the garden.Recovering from a family weekend, enjoyed it but need some peace today, and quiet.Hope you all have a good Monday.?

whitewave Mon 29-May-17 11:13:49

Good morning

I've missed you on the Trump thread rinouchka welcome back, and I shall read your comments with interest. It isn't getting any better is it!!!!

Well I've been up since the crack of dawn, delivered all cakes to the stall and, deposited DH to his stall with all his wooden stuff. All his little bird boxes sold and a couple of pendants (bikers buy them).
Then walked the dog and now sat enjoying a much needed coffee. Extremely hot and humid, so not sure the rain will hold off.

Enjoy your day all.