Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(19 Posts)
12Michael Thu 01-Jun-17 06:35:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a bright and sunny start here in Brackley this morning.
Mick

Mapleleaf Thu 01-Jun-17 06:45:08

Good morning, Mick and all GN's.
It's the same here in South Yorks at the moment, Mick, and is forecast to remain warm but be a bit cloudier than yesterday.
Did quite a bit in the garden yesterday, and hope to do a bit more today all being well.
Enjoy your day, everyone.

mumofmadboys Thu 01-Jun-17 06:51:24

I am on Iona at present but leave today. Such a lovely peaceful place. Sad to be leaving! Happy Thursday everyone!

kittylester Thu 01-Jun-17 06:56:18

Good morning all.

It's warm and bright in North Leicestershire this morning.

Sainsbury's this morning and meeting a friend for a cuppa at a local farm shop this pm.

My sister in law has just had a week on iona, momb and came home recharged.

Enjoy your days everyone.

whitewave Thu 01-Jun-17 06:58:21

Good morning all

Never been to Iona mum somewhere i fancy going though.

Another lovely day. Didnt do a lot yesterday so must do something today. Start with tying in the sweet peas then deadhead roses. All the irises have finished now- what a lovely display this year.

The dogs upset tum is better so didnt have to get up in the middle of the night and go for a walk. Hes trained not to go in the garden.

Enjoy your day all

mumofmadboys Thu 01-Jun-17 07:07:31

On Iona there are lots of wild yellow irises. I've never seen yellow one before. Also wild orchids

Pittcity Thu 01-Jun-17 07:24:51

Good morning from sunny Colchester and welcome June.
A day of this and that today. Deliveries due, shopping, gardening etc.

ninathenana Thu 01-Jun-17 07:25:25

Morning all.
Beautiful wall to wall blue sky and sunshine in Kent. Slight nip in the air but set to be very warm later.
H and I fancy a pub lunch, just got to work out where.
Have a good day people.

Greyduster Thu 01-Jun-17 07:38:52

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Going to be another warm one today, but I hope for some cloud as I am fishing at Ladybower this afternoon and into the evening. Let us see if we can cheat Morrison's fish counter out of a sale! If not, well, it's a lovely place to take a picnic! Have a good day, folks.

Anniebach Thu 01-Jun-17 08:24:00

Goiod morning all

cornergran Thu 01-Jun-17 08:40:57

Morning All. No sun here, greyd, shall I send you some cloud? It's mild and dry in our corner of Somerset so good enough. Cleaning today and laundry. Bit weary after yesterday's trip so not rushing to do it. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

Gagagran Thu 01-Jun-17 08:46:24

Morning everyone! Just back from weekly Tesco trip and enjoying a crispy bread roll with real butter and honey.DH always has 2 almond croissants.

Need to do some pruning in the garden today and it looks as if it's going to be warm and sunny now the early sea mist has cleared.

Happy days all! sunshine

Lona Thu 01-Jun-17 08:49:58

Morning all, it's warm, sunny and breezy here, just how I like it. I'm feeling quite stiff this morning as we've had a two week break from our exercise class, but were back yesterday. Creaky knees are back today!
Coffee with my cousin and her husband at eleven ?

Tippy22 Thu 01-Jun-17 08:54:14

Beautiful day again here in Sussex. Walking by the beach yesterday everybody suddenly disappeared in the sea mist and just as suddenly reappeared when the mist lifted. Being relatively new to the area I'd never seen that before, scary and comical at the same time. Enjoy your day everyone.

downsized Thu 01-Jun-17 09:09:21

Morning everyone. Another hot day here. Schools start their summer routine today which means I will have to remember to collect DGD at noon instead of 2.30.

Hope you all enjoy your day .sunshine

TerriBull Thu 01-Jun-17 09:29:29

Pinch, punch first of the month. Good morning from the edge of London, flaming June has arrived, it's going to be hot today for sure. Charging up my batteries we are having grandson this afternoon which will no doubt include a trip to the park followed by a lot of scrabbling about on the floor with cars, trains and lorries.

rosesarered Thu 01-Jun-17 09:53:14

Ouch! terribull stop that pinching! grin

Lovely sunny day here, blue skies all the way,and Summer's on it's way .??
DGS here later for a sleepover.

grannylyn65 Thu 01-Jun-17 10:00:51

Dull and grey in Perth x

NfkDumpling Thu 01-Jun-17 11:34:22

Morning All

Late on this morning as DGS is now feeling at home and becoming somewhat challenging! Happily normal I think for a three year old. DiLs op yesterday went well apparently. All is well!

Am now sitting beside a paddling pool while it fills. Hopefully it'll warm up in the sun which is now baking down by the time DGS comes home from.nursery - with older cousin who's having a sleep over to 'help'.