Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(13 Posts)
grannysue05 Fri 02-Jun-17 14:07:28

My DH who is 75 years old has recently bought a bike. Well it has a small motor to help him up steep slopes (!) but he has to keep pedalling to keep the bike going. He has terrible back pain going back many years and has been told that gentle cycling will be beneficial. So far there has been a lot of tinkering with gears, adjustments to the seat, purchasing of accessories and so on, but very little actual riding. Does any one else have similar experiences of a DH with cycle mania ?

hulahoop Fri 02-Jun-17 10:55:19

Just started to rain here in Yorkshire .so glad I got washing done earlier in week just a bit of ironing to do .

Lona Fri 02-Jun-17 09:25:43

Good morning and thanks downsized for reminding me that I meant to put the washer on when I got up! I forgot of course ?
As it's a bit damp this morning it doesn't really matter.
Nothing much to do today but I shall be popping round with some flowers, to see a close friend. Her dog just lay down and died yesterday afternoon and she is of course, deeply upset.

Mapleleaf Fri 02-Jun-17 09:21:58

Morning everyone,
Cloudy and sunny in South Yorks at the moment and feeling Warm. Hope the predicted rain holds off until I get my sheets dry.
Just watching a female blackbird with a beak full of goodies searching for more in the garden. The nest is in our hedge. She and her partner are being kept extremely busy, and as the days go by, their beaks become fuller with bigger bugs to feed their brood.
Hope I get to see the babies when they fledge. ?

Anniebach Fri 02-Jun-17 08:27:00

Good morning all

Pittcity Fri 02-Jun-17 08:06:32

Good morning from sunny and already hot Colchester. Getting washing done and out early as storm is due this afternoon.
New mattress being delivered today but bed is not coming until Sunday....
Shopping later for family BBQ tomorrow. Today's storm is supposed to cool things down here, just hope it's dry tomorrow.

downsized Fri 02-Jun-17 07:40:06

Good morning from Malta where it is overcast at present. It is supposed to clear later but I have just put a load of laundry in the machine so won't be at all surprised if it rains just as I am ready to hang it out grin

Hope you all have a good day.sunshine

Gagagran Fri 02-Jun-17 07:32:25

Morning everyone!

More cloud here on the south coast this morning so who knows what is in store. It was another humid night so I would be pleased if it is a bit fresher.

WI committee this morning with lunch afterwards at the lovely pub where we have our committee meetings.

Happy days all! sunshine

Greyduster Fri 02-Jun-17 07:32:08

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Neither one thing nor the other in South Yorkshire this morning, but rain later I think. Good fishing at Ladybower yesterday. Three very good, hard fighting fish, all returned to fight another day, spectacular scenery and a cuckoo calling in the woods. The drive back through the Hope Valley in beautiful evening light rounded it all off nicely. Food shopping and domestics today. Boo hoo! Have a good one folks.

kittylester Fri 02-Jun-17 07:27:20

Good morning all.

It's a brightish warm start in North Leicestershire. Butcher's and desk work this morning and a wander round town this afternoon.

Enjoy your Fridays everyone. sunshine

Stansgran Fri 02-Jun-17 07:17:36

Not just grey but damp here in Durham. Good morning all.

whitewave Fri 02-Jun-17 07:17:28

Good morning

Still very warm and high cloud this morning.

We went for a walk late last night on the Downs came back in the dark. The most beautiful evening. Get very few of those still warm evenings with a glorious sunset.

Mums today as well as planning and shopping for a birthday party on Sunday DDs birthday. Think i will do cold buffet type food.

Smoked mackeral quiche and salad for supper

Have a good day

12Michael Fri 02-Jun-17 06:59:12

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry but looks grey start here in Brackley this morning.
Mick