Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Saturday

(18 Posts)
12Michael Sat 03-Jun-17 06:40:22

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a cloudy start here in Brackley this morning, eventually got my broadband speed up again after a Open Reach engineer came it was internal at the wall socket.
Tolled never switch computer off when out or at night as it slows down broadband speed.
Mick

downsized Sat 03-Jun-17 07:35:02

Morning Mick, glad you got your broadband sorted.

It's hot and sunny in Malta today and I shall soon be off out to cast my vote - yes, we have a General Election here as well!

I wish you all a happy day sunshine

Gymstagran Sat 03-Jun-17 07:38:48

Morning Mick,morning everyone. The sun is shining here, west mids, at the moment but wouldn't be surprised if it rains later. Have a good day everyone.

kittylester Sat 03-Jun-17 07:39:21

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's a bright warm start in North Leicestershire after heavy overnight rain. A spot of gardening after the usual trip to the village shops.

We never switch our laptops (or any other appliance) off at the socket but we do put them into sleep mode.

Greyduster Sat 03-Jun-17 07:52:20

Good morning, Michael, and all GNs. Glad you got your broadband sorted at last Mick. They are a pain these tech problems aren't they? I've been like a rabbit in the headlights with a problem with my iPad this week - ended up phoning Apple. A lovely sunny start in South Yorkshire - I think we must have had rain overnight. Not a lot planned today apart from making some fish pies for the freezer. Have a happy day, all!

cornergran Sat 03-Jun-17 07:53:19

Morning All. Mix of cloud and sun in our corner of Somerset. Feels warm. The broadband is interesting. Pleased you are up and running, mick. Plan a bit of gentle garden pottering this morning, feet up later. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

Pittcity Sat 03-Jun-17 08:09:33

Good morning from a brightening Colchester. Yesterday's thunderstorms have cleared the heat and humidity, much fresher this morning.
Celebrating DH's retirement and DS's 16th birthday with a family BBQ here this afternoon.

ninathenana Sat 03-Jun-17 08:17:17

Morning all.
It's cloudy in Kent. Thunderstorm with large hailstones yesterday. Hope there is no repeat of that, but I do think we shall see rain today.
A day of pottering for me.

Mapleleaf Sat 03-Jun-17 08:24:36

Good morning everyone.
As Greyduster says, it's a bright morning. Feels a bit fresher. We had a lot of rain last night, good for the gardens.
Not a lot planned for today, just a few chores then read my book, I think.
Glad you've got your broadband sorted, Mick.

rosesarered Sat 03-Jun-17 08:27:52

Beautiful day here in Oxfordshire, blue sky, birds singing.
A lovely quiet day for us after a busy week ( half term....say no more) grin

Anniebach Sat 03-Jun-17 08:34:04

Good morning all from sunny Wales

whitewave Sat 03-Jun-17 08:34:29

Good morning all

Glorious day after overnight rain. Splendid growing weather!

Preparing for DDs birthday meal tomorrow.
9 people. So will make life as easy as possible by starting with antipasti, then chicken and roasted peppers with potato wedges cooked at same time and salads, then strawberry knickerbockers and of course birthday cake!! Easy peasy!!!

Pottering day today.

Enjoy your day all

Lona Sat 03-Jun-17 08:48:14

Morning everyone, it's a glorious start to the day here!
Exercise class for me, then coffee with my fellow sufferers exercisers. Later my friend and I will be heading off somewhere for lunch in the sun.
Hope you all enjoy your weekends ?

harrigran Sat 03-Jun-17 09:04:08

Good morning, mild and sunny here in the north east. Good to have your broadband sorted, we have very fast speed but it sometimes depends on the age of your computer too as to how well it performs. I always understood that you were more likely to be hacked if you left you computer on but never to turn the router off.

Tippy22 Sat 03-Jun-17 09:22:29

Lovely blue sky at the moment here in East Sussex, thought i heard thunder in the distance overnight. Another large pile of ironing awaits, a chore I hate especially as most of it isn't mine. Enjoy your day everyone.

Auntieflo Sat 03-Jun-17 09:33:45

Beautiful warm, sunny/hot day here in Berks. I have been out and planted Busy Lizzies in the front and Geraniums in the back. It gets so hot, that I wanted to plant before the sun came round to the front. Out later for coffee, pick up my new garden chair, then book in the garden later. Sorted.

Rinouchka Sat 03-Jun-17 10:01:10

Beautiful day here in SW London, as well. After a 12 hour sleep, I am ready to go. Hope the broadband works well, Mick.
Being treated to lunch with friends and a matinee today while DH sails around the French coast.
May the sunshine fill your day and your heart, as my grandmother used to say.sunshine

NfkDumpling Sat 03-Jun-17 12:23:42

Good afternoon All

Just a quick hello as I've retrieved my phone from DGS (daren't produce the iPad!) DiL is now doing well and DS will be home tomorrow! He's staying with us though next week as he starts work at six and I'm taking Nipper to nursery. Will be glad now when things are back to normal!

Oh, and the weather is 'changeable', and cooler than yesterday.