Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Monday

(16 Posts)
downsized Mon 05-Jun-17 11:21:00

Good morning from a very hot, sunny Malta (actually it's afternoon here). I was rudely awakened at 6am by loud voices. Came into the kitchen to make a brew and realised it was my next-door neighbours having a screaming argument which could be heard very clearly. Good thing I don't understand much Maltese shock

Have a good day, Gransnetters sunshine

NfkDumpling Mon 05-Jun-17 11:06:55

Morning All

Bright and very breezy in Norfolk this morning with scudding clouds.

Thank you for your best wishes Greyduster, DiL's op was apparently very successful. Things inside her were not as they expected and all her innards are now rearranged more satisfactorily! So she should be able to eat normal food! Apparently it's now doubtful that she ever had Crohnes but more likely ulcerated colitis.

My new knee is presently doing a stirling job supporting the other one, my DS is home. DGS and GDog are happy, even DH is smiling and all is right with the world!

whitewave Mon 05-Jun-17 10:21:19

Good morning everyone

Haven't a quiet day today after yesterday's jollies. Clearing the house up and then relaxing.

Rain forecast but sunny and brew at the moment.

Enjoy your Monday

annsixty Mon 05-Jun-17 10:17:11

Good morning from a very very wet Stockport.
Although I don't post much here I do read every morning and am wondering if PRINTMISS is ok. Hope all is well with her and her OH.

harrigran Mon 05-Jun-17 09:02:44

Good morning from a rainy north east, quite a lot cooler today. Disturbed night for me, woke with chest pains at first light and took a while to settle again.

Gagagran Mon 05-Jun-17 08:51:56

Morning all! Fresher and cooler here on the south coast with a forecast of heavy rain this afternoon.

Sorry to hear about you poor night Maw - hope you manage a few zzzz sometime today! sunshine

Tippy22 Mon 05-Jun-17 08:45:19

Lovely blue sky again here in East Sussex hopefully it will continue as I want to go for a long walk this morning, been very lazy recently.

MawBroon Mon 05-Jun-17 08:41:42

Good morning from a much cooler N Bucks.
Frankly an absolutely cr*p night as Paw's asthma was dreadful and he coughed and wheezed and coughed some more to the point where around 3 I wondered whether I needed to get him to a hospital. Fortunately intensive inhaler/spacer action with both his asthma drugs calmed it down and a Piriton helped to get him off to sleep. He seems more settled this morning, I feel like a wrung out J cloth .
Ah well, onwards!

Anniebach Mon 05-Jun-17 08:22:56

Good morning all

Rinouchka Mon 05-Jun-17 08:22:03

Good morning everyone. Bright and breezy out in London but a sense of quiet calm pervades with promise of afternoon rain. Pilates for me this morning and a good, brisk walk, then lunch with a friend. DH stormbound on the French Atlantic coast. He enjoys it; I wouldn't. Have a good day.

Greyduster Mon 05-Jun-17 08:03:33

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A bright start this morning in South Yorkshire. There will be rain about later though. We are having a run out to Bakewell this morning then may call in on DD on the way home if she is around. Enjoy your day, folks.

Pittcity Mon 05-Jun-17 07:45:22

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Dry and warm, just right for Walking Netball outdoors this morning.

Gymstagran Mon 05-Jun-17 07:10:33

Morning all - the sun was shining first thing but it's all greyed over now, west mids. Book club this morning followed by outing with sister. Happy days.

cornergran Mon 05-Jun-17 07:05:17

Morning All. Overcast and a few rain spots in our corner of Somerset. Heavy rain due soon. I have indoor things to do today so no matter. Hope Monday is kind to everyone.

kittylester Mon 05-Jun-17 07:02:17

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's a brilliant bright start again today but the forecast is for heavy rain for the next few days.

Volunteering this afternoon and then DH's brother is arriving for a few days.

12Michael Mon 05-Jun-17 06:51:13

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but looks like grey sky's this morning here in Brackley.
Mick