Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(17 Posts)
12Michael Wed 07-Jun-17 06:48:41

Good Morning Everyone,
Its windy but its dry with blue sky and clouds and sunshine here in Brackley at the moment.
Mick

whitewave Wed 07-Jun-17 06:56:41

Good morning Mick

Same here with the weather, but at least hope to get the washing dry, and if the wind dies down deadhead all the poor roses and tie in all the wind blown stuff. This is supposed to be summer!!

Coconut Fish Curry for supper

NfkDumpling Wed 07-Jun-17 07:18:11

Morning All

Scudding grey clouds and strong winds still in Norfolk but the rain has stopped.

DS is at work this morning and then off to collect DiL from St Marks hospital in London. Apparently she's fine to discharge dispite a 'small' infection and OK to travel with a pillow to sit on and another under the seat belt to protect the wound. I'm not so sure.

harrigran Wed 07-Jun-17 07:49:01

Good morning, very wet and windy night and still blowing this morning.
School run for youngest GD this afternoon, feed her and get her on to the next activity. Such busy lives they have now.

Tippy22 Wed 07-Jun-17 07:50:25

Blue skies but still very windy here in East Sussex. A visit to the doctors later. Enjoy your day everyone.

Nelliemoser Wed 07-Jun-17 07:50:45

Good morning all. Bright sunshine and dry in Cheshire but the clouds are racing across the sky. I dont think this rough weather is over yet.

Greyduster Wed 07-Jun-17 07:59:26

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Bright and breezy in South Yorkshire this morning, so hopefully a continuing dry day. Laundry today, then looking for some tiles for the bathroom. School run this afternoon. Have a good day folks.

ninathenana Wed 07-Jun-17 08:09:53

Morning all.
Sunny in Kent but still a strong wind. The garden is looking tatty, we even had garden furnithre blown around yesterday. Does mother nature know it's June.

Gagagran Wed 07-Jun-17 08:19:17

Morning everyone from a bright and sunny south coast. It's breezy for sure but the heavy rain and gales seem to have blown themselves out. Garden needs a tidy up now with lots of debris. English summers eh?

farview Wed 07-Jun-17 08:24:10

Morning all from windy Lancashire...last b12 jab today and Nicotine patch on my arm....?

Pittcity Wed 07-Jun-17 08:24:24

Good morning from a cloudy but dry Colchester. Sun is peeping through and the wind is easing. Felt like hibernating yesterday but resisted the urge to turn the heating on.
Usual Wednesday coffee morning and shopping today.

Rinouchka Wed 07-Jun-17 08:30:18

Good morning everyone. A bright, breezy and perfect laundry day. Lots of tidying to do, as well. Love your daily menu updates, ww. As DH is away sailing, I am enjoying minimal cooking!

rosesarered Wed 07-Jun-17 08:31:06

Morning to all, dry, windy still here but rain all gone ( we had hail as well yesterday) blue sky peeking through, lost some lupins broken with the wind.
Summers lease hath all too short a date?

Anniebach Wed 07-Jun-17 08:48:12

Good morning all

Mapleleaf Wed 07-Jun-17 09:21:33

Morning everyone.
Sunshine and cloud this morning. Still breezy. It got very wild last night. It will ease down this p.m. hopefully.
Collecting DH from hospital today, all being well. Be glad to have him back home.

Greyduster Wed 07-Jun-17 09:45:27

Maple and NfK I hope both patients have the gentlest of rides home from hospital. I still don't think DH has forgiven me for his post op journey. He said I was attracted to bumps and potholes like a magnet! ?

kittylester Wed 07-Jun-17 10:04:36

Morning all, sorry I'm late! Bil needed to get off early - he's just gone! confused

It's a bit iffy here at the moment. Can't seem to make its mind up. Not much to do today - how did that happen!