Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(15 Posts)
NfkDumpling Thu 08-Jun-17 10:21:22

Morning All

Cloudy in Norfolk, but bright enough to get the birdies singing.

DiL arrived here late last evening and is better than I'd thought she'd be although obviously in a bit of pain and has a wound infection. Now comes the drag of recovery. DGS very happy this morning to find his mum in situ! A quiet day ahead.

Mapleleaf Thu 08-Jun-17 09:28:45

Good morning everyone,
As Greyduster says, it's grey and damp here in South Yorks. The rain seems to have stopped for the moment, there was even a brief glimpse of that golden orb in the sky a short while ago, but it's gone again. Still a bit breezy, but nothing like we've had recently.
Enjoy your day. ?

MawBroon Thu 08-Jun-17 09:08:54

Good morning. Grey and cool here in N Bucks.
Flaming June??? I don't think so!
Off to NADFAS then Paw's blood test, then vote.
<And maybe after today, that will be an end of the "p" word? >

Anniebach Thu 08-Jun-17 08:51:07

Good morning all

rosesarered Thu 08-Jun-17 08:44:36

Morning to all.Grey here too, but dry at least for now.Going to cast our votes in a short while, and then packing for our holiday.Let the sun shine! ?

Gagagran Thu 08-Jun-17 08:40:23

Morning everyone from a very overcast south coast. It feels cool too in the strong breeze.

Voted 10 days ago so just waiting for the outcome now. Also waiting to hear from a friend that the adoption of her new DGD has been approved by the court today and that she is now finally "theirs". Think I'd better keep busy to stop just sitting and waiting!

Happy days all! sunshine

grannysyb Thu 08-Jun-17 08:39:45

Gray here in Teddington, upholstery class this morning, but I'm making a pair of trousers! We all do our own thing as it's a private class in a community centre.

Gymstagran Thu 08-Jun-17 08:30:47

Morning all. Very wet and grey here in West Midlands. It's not helping the joints! Ironing for me too

whitewave Thu 08-Jun-17 08:23:15

Good morning all

Still that wretched wind , although not quite so bad.

grey I'll be joining you in the ironing- my least favourite job.

Enjoy

Pittcity Thu 08-Jun-17 08:12:58

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester.
Posted votes last week.
Quiet day here with no firm plans.

Tippy22 Thu 08-Jun-17 08:11:15

Cloudy and looks like it could rain here in East Sussex hopefully not before I've walked to cast my vote. Enjoy your day everyone.

Greyduster Thu 08-Jun-17 07:50:54

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A dull wet day in South Yorkshire. Food shopping (we have run out of biscuits and DH is going into a decline!!?), voting and then a large pile of ironing. Oh joy! Enjoy whatever you are doing.

harrigran Thu 08-Jun-17 07:34:30

Good morning, it is damp but not actually raining at present. Prescription to collect from surgery and shopping this morning.
Voted ten days ago by post.

kittylester Thu 08-Jun-17 07:15:35

Morning Mick, morning all.

Similar weather in North Leicestershire but with rain in the forecast.

Busy day - Sainsbury's, voting and helping on a CrISP course.

Enjoy your Thursdays everyone sunshine.

12Michael Thu 08-Jun-17 06:50:54

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry at the moment after some overnight rain, but grey skies in Brackley.
Mick