Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Monday

(15 Posts)
cornergran Mon 12-Jun-17 08:44:19

Morning All. Grey and still blowing a gale in our corner of Somerset. The poor plants are battered and desperately need some calm weather. Hope Monday is kind to everyone.

Greyduster Mon 12-Jun-17 08:34:51

Don't mention it, Maple ?.

Anniebach Mon 12-Jun-17 08:32:01

Good morning all

Tippy22 Mon 12-Jun-17 08:31:41

Sun just trying to get through the clouds here in East Sussex. The forecast seems good for the week though. Ironing for me too today. Enjoy your day everyone.

Mapleleaf Mon 12-Jun-17 08:19:22

Sorry, Greyduster, our posts crossed! ?

Mapleleaf Mon 12-Jun-17 08:17:53

Good morning, everyone
Grey and dull here in South Yorks and still a bit breezy. I wish the Summer would hurry up and return.
Off to coffee group later, then supermarket. after that, not sure yet, but plenty of jobs to be done in the house. Glad to hear your DiL is feeling a bit better Nfk. My DH is still in quite a bit of discomfort after his op last week. Been told to expect it for a few weeks. ?

Greyduster Mon 12-Jun-17 08:17:25

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Grey low cloud, cool and breezy in South Yorkshire. No firm plans for the day. See what it brings. Have a good one, folks.

NfkDumpling Mon 12-Jun-17 08:00:31

Morning All

It was sunny when I woke up but is now grey and still very windy. DH has just donned a fleece to water the garden.

Ironing this morning then off to sit with DiL this afternoon, then collect DGS from nursery. Her wound infection seems no better but hopefully the penicillin will kick in soon and she won't need to have it all cleaned out and re-stitched. She seems happier in herself though and that's all good.

Pittcity Mon 12-Jun-17 07:45:01

Good morning from a bright and breezy Colchester.
Walking Netball and laundry today.

ninathenana Mon 12-Jun-17 07:20:04

Morning Nana

ninathenana Mon 12-Jun-17 07:18:34

Morning Mick, ww, kitty and everyone.

Grey and 'orrid in Kent this morning. The highlight of my day will be a tip run, ooh goody.

Nana3 Mon 12-Jun-17 07:17:41

Good morning, dry but a lot of grey clouds in Lancashire.
Good news about the weight loss mick, it's not easy.
Mum was looking very frail when I saw her on Saturday, I'm worried. I should be getting ready for visitors coming to stay but I want to visit DD today, no contest really.
Have a good day everyone.

kittylester Mon 12-Jun-17 07:13:04

Morning all.

North Leicestershire is cloudy but the sun is peeping through.

Ironing this am, friends her for cup of tea this pm. One is finding it very difficult coming to terms with her husband's ill health.

whitewave Mon 12-Jun-17 06:59:22

Good morning

Still bright but with that dratted breeze.

Must do some housework/gardening having sat all weekend watching the news!

Chicken in mushroom sauce for supper

12Michael Mon 12-Jun-17 06:47:34

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but grey start here in Brackley this morning, my weight is slowly dropping since I started the higher dosage metformin tablet 1000mgs.
Mick