Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(17 Posts)
Greyduster Wed 14-Jun-17 10:19:51

Sorry, I forgot to wish you Happy Birthday, farview!??

Mapleleaf Wed 14-Jun-17 08:50:43

Morning, everyone.
As greyduster says, it's wall to wall sunshine here in South Yorks - lovely, and about time too, I was getting tired of grey skies and blustery winds!
Happy birthday farview, enjoy your day ???.
Yes, it's tragic news to hear about the tower block blaze. It must have been terrifying. So sad. My thoughts and prayers are with all those involved.

Pittcity Wed 14-Jun-17 08:43:36

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Hot day in prospect.
Usual Wednesday coffee morning followed by lunch and a pamper afternoon at a friend's house. Slathering on the factor 30. No shorts here Whitewave, might frighten the natives!

Thinking of those affected by the London fire and wondering if I'm getting too used to hearing bad news nowadays?

Happy Birthday ? farview

Tippy22 Wed 14-Jun-17 08:40:20

Beautifully sunny day here in East Sussex. Just seen the dreadful news about the tower block. Thoughts and prayers for those caught up in it.

Greyduster Wed 14-Jun-17 08:32:04

Dear God! ?.

Nana3 Wed 14-Jun-17 08:30:19

Good morning everyone. Many happy returns farview flowers

Greyduster Wed 14-Jun-17 08:27:50

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Wall to wall ☀️☀️☀️ today in South Yorkshire. School run this afternoon so we may go to the park afterwards. I haven't caught up with the news yet, so not sure what has happened. I'll go and have a look. Enjoy your day folks.

Anniebach Wed 14-Jun-17 08:21:53

Good morning all

farview Wed 14-Jun-17 08:09:23

Good morning all.am65 today? where the heck did that go? ....but now in tears watching the awful sad news from London..?

Gagagran Wed 14-Jun-17 08:00:42

Morning all. Already very warm and sunny here on the south coast and promises to be like this for the next few days.

Window cleaner is coming today and I am going to do some dead-heading in the garden but otherwise just a pottering sort of day. I am going to choir this evening which is always fun.

DH is going out with his bike club chums on a longish ride so will be "somewhat fatigued" on return. I will be there to welcome him back and hear of his adventures as per.

Happy days everyone. sunshine

harrigran Wed 14-Jun-17 07:48:49

Good morning, promises to be sunny and warm here.
School run for me this afternoon but involves a 45 minute drive to get there.
I have seen the news about the fire too, worrying that a tower block can succumb so quickly.

NfkDumpling Wed 14-Jun-17 07:48:07

Morning All

A wonderful sunny day here in Norfolk. DH has gone off looking for dragonflies this morning so I'm at leisure to sit in the sun and read my book.

London and tower block fire seems a different country I can hardly believe its happened. A terrible, terrifying thing. Talk this morning on the radio is that it may have been a gas explosion. Perhaps it's time all flats were all electric.

downsized Wed 14-Jun-17 07:24:27

Good morning all. It's hot in Malta. I've just put the news on and am appalled by the sight of the tower block on fire in West London. Utterly terrifying. Feel very sad for all involved. sad

ninathenana Wed 14-Jun-17 07:24:20

Morning everyone.
Sun is out and we're forecast 24c and H is working one of his 2 days a week.
Murphey's law is working here too kitty

kittylester Wed 14-Jun-17 07:20:02

Morning Mick, morning ww.

It's hot already in North Leicestershire. A little pootling and faffing for me this morning and school run this afternoon. Why is school run day either boiling hot or pickling with rain? confused

Enjoy your Wednesdays everyone sunshine

whitewave Wed 14-Jun-17 07:07:59

Good morning Mick

Fantastic day here on South Downs.

Meeting a newly retired friend this morning and walking along Brighton seafront before stopping for lunch.
Shorts weather!

Mexican chicken and pepper salsa for supper

Use the sun screen everyonesmile

12Michael Wed 14-Jun-17 07:02:16

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking nice this morning in Brackley, clear blue sky at the moment.
Mick