Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(23 Posts)
12Michael Fri 16-Jun-17 06:41:28

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another bright and sunny start here in Brackley this morning.
I have a graving for freshly dug new potatoes from the garden so I can steam have for Sunday lunch, but getting them will be a miracle.
Mick

Greyduster Fri 16-Jun-17 07:11:51

Good morning, Michael, and all GNs. Hope you get your taters, Mick - I crave them too! A bit overcast in South Yorkshire this morning. To the blackbird that sang to me at 3.45 this morning, you are delightful, but please go somewhere else tomorrow. Dropping the car off for service this morning then walking into Chesterfield to do some shopping until we pick it up again. Have a good day, folks.

Nana3 Fri 16-Jun-17 07:13:23

Good morning everyone. Sunny in Lancashire. Mum more confused yesterday, not sure that she knew me. Hope you get you potatoes mick and that you all have a good day.

whitewave Fri 16-Jun-17 07:20:23

Morning Mick

Do you know anyone with an allotment?

Glorious day.

Mums day today

Enjoy your day all

Greyduster Fri 16-Jun-17 07:26:54

Whitewave I'm glad your fireman neighbour came home okay.

kittylester Fri 16-Jun-17 07:27:04

Morning all.

North Leicestershire is lovely and bright this morning. Butcher's this morning and then I'm taking the kitten to the vet.

Sorry to heat about your mum, Nana3 - has she got an infection or is it general decline? Sad for you. flowers

Nana3 Fri 16-Jun-17 07:43:01

Thank you kitty. She has Altzeimers and I'm noticing a change. I'll mention an infection to the staff this afternoon though.

kittylester Fri 16-Jun-17 07:47:35

My mum has Alzheimer's too and was noticeably worse if she had an infection - usually a bladder infection.

Tippy22 Fri 16-Jun-17 07:48:13

Another beautiful day here in East Sussex. Awaiting GD for a 2 day visit so my DD and SIL can have a bit of a break. Wonderful to spend time with her but exhausting. Enjoy your day everyone.

Pittcity Fri 16-Jun-17 07:48:55

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Going to be a very hot weekend.
Into London today to be part of the audience for my niece's University Final Music Recital and then on to a pub for DH's retirement drinks.

We haven't grown potatoes this year, Mick and so have to be content with the greengrocers.

harrigran Fri 16-Jun-17 07:50:04

Good morning, quite bright but very windy here in the north east.
Hospital appointment this morning, six months since I last saw the surgeon.

cornergran Fri 16-Jun-17 08:00:26

Morning All. Sunny morning in our corner of Somerset, very welcome although the wind is less so. Food shop and little else today other than watering the garden. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

Greyduster Fri 16-Jun-17 08:03:17

Fingers crossed, Harri.

Nana3 Fri 16-Jun-17 08:06:46

Hope all goes well for you at the hospital today harrigran.

Gagagran Fri 16-Jun-17 08:07:46

Morning everyone. Another lovely sunny, summer's morning here on the south coast. One to recall when it's a dull, dark, cold December day.

Library visit and a bit of "bits and bobs" shopping this morning then must catch up with some desk work. I must also remember to give the hyrangeas a soak later - they look a bit droopy.

Happy days to all. sunshine

Anniebach Fri 16-Jun-17 08:24:38

Good morning

ninathenana Fri 16-Jun-17 08:26:31

Morning everyone.
Annother sunny day in Kent but that flippin breeze is still quiet strong

Hope Masie behaves herself kitty. Bertie brought us our first "present" this morning

Mapleleaf Fri 16-Jun-17 09:07:03

Good morning everyone.
I think your blackbird then flew to my garden, Greyduster! He was singing his heart out at about 4 am.
Still cloudy and breezy here at the moment. We are promised a lovely weekend though. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.
Hope you get your potatoes Mick. Lovely with some butter on them ?.
Enjoy your Friday everyone.

Sar53 Fri 16-Jun-17 09:12:25

Good morning all. I am driving to Brighton shortly to meet OH who has been there at a works meeting since Wednesday. We are spending the weekend in Eastbourne, looks like we will have lots of sunshine.
Have a lovely day everyone.

NfkDumpling Fri 16-Jun-17 09:34:52

Morning All

In my bit of North Norfolk it's grey and overcast - and chilly! Not allowed! Still it means I shan't get overheated doing the heap of ironing I put off yesterday.

aggie Fri 16-Jun-17 09:52:31

Morning all , still overcast here , but hope we catch a bit of the sun later . Not a good start this am , marmalade on GS toast and Chocolate spread on OHs toast , didn't go well , they refused to swop and I had to eat the rejects smile and make fresh !

LadyGracie Fri 16-Jun-17 10:54:12

Good morning, sunny here in Caerphilly, we're off to West Wales for a week later, the only part of the Welsh coastline we haven't explored, hoping for at least some nice dry weather.
Two cats know something is going on!

Nanny27 Fri 16-Jun-17 13:18:01

Good morning LadyGracie. Gorgeous morning here too in Newport. Could wave over the hills to you.