Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Monday

(15 Posts)
12Michael Mon 19-Jun-17 06:39:48

good Morning Everyone,
Its a start of another warm day here in Brackley , uncomfortable at night though.
Mick

Gagagran Mon 19-Jun-17 06:45:07

Morning Mick and all GNs. It's already hot and set to be hotter today here on the south coast. Just really glad I don't have to endure a packed train journey to work!

Wishing a good day to everyone. sunshine

ninathenana Mon 19-Jun-17 07:09:09

Morning Mick, gaga and everyone.

It's already 20c in the shade outside. El scorchio later me thinks.
We have S new case worker coming today, I hope she's as nice as the previous one.

kittylester Mon 19-Jun-17 07:09:16

Morning Mick, morning gaga, morning all.

It's a hot, sunny start in North Leicestershire after a hot, sticky night. We are having to keep all our windows closed so the kitten can't get out - bad timing. grin

Mapleleaf Mon 19-Jun-17 07:47:19

Morning Mick, morning everyone,
It's the same here in South Yorks. Already 20 degrees. Going to be another scorcher today!
Enjoy, but don't forget the sun protection. ?

cornergran Mon 19-Jun-17 08:00:47

Morning All. Clear blue sky, bit of a breeze in our corner of Somerset. Fortunately slept well. Up early to get the jobs done then off to the beach for s paddle. Oh kitty, bad timing indeed smile. Hope Monday is kind to veryone.

Marydoll Mon 19-Jun-17 08:14:47

Morning all from a very muggy, cloudy Renfrewshire. Hardly slept at all due to humidity and just as I dozed off at 6am, hubby got up and blundered about, as he got ready to go golfing. A day working in the garden for me. Enjoy your day everyone. Cornergran, a paddle in the sea envy

Pittcity Mon 19-Jun-17 08:26:05

Good morning from a sultry Colchester. Managed to sleep a bit but feeling groggy this morning.
No Walking Netball as it is too hot to play outside. We will have to Chillax instead!

Anniebach Mon 19-Jun-17 08:29:00

Good morning all from Wales, no idea if it's sunny, am still in bed with blinds down

Nelliemoser Mon 19-Jun-17 08:33:35

Good morning from a sunny far too warm Cheshire. 22C and rising. I wanted to plant up some new plants but it is too hot.
I am hiding them with the feet of the pots in water in what passes as shade. These lovely cultivated Foxgloves called to me yesterday.

Mapleleaf Mon 19-Jun-17 08:51:58

They are pretty, Nellie

harrigran Mon 19-Jun-17 09:35:22

Good morning, another hot day for the north east. Slept well because I kept the Dyson fan on all night, second night in a row and boy does it make a difference.

Juggernaut Mon 19-Jun-17 10:47:20

Good morning from a hot and sunny West Cheshire!
We had a walk on the beach when DGS first got here at 7-15, it was pretty warm even then!
Just managed to get him off for a snooze, he's really not happy about all this heat!
We'll probably spend most of today indoors, with fans on, and if we venture out, it'll be as far as the paddling pool, with the awning over it!
It's 27.4C right now, too flamin' hot for me!

Nanny27 Mon 19-Jun-17 12:43:21

Good afternoon from a glorious south wales

rosesarered Mon 19-Jun-17 12:48:14

....and a good afternoon from me too.Cor, it aint half hot Mum! 27 degrees in our hall and much much hotter outside.Staying in and putting the fans on today and drinking lots of iced water with slices of lime in.Stay cool, GNetters.