I must apologize for not having commented on all the various goings-on in the kitchen these past three weeks. I have been staying in Chester with my very dear school friend who, sadly, has an aggressive brain tumour. Even in the short time I've been here, her health has taken a downward turn and I dread leaving her tomorrow to return to Malta.
I have found it hard keeping up with everything as I am using my phone instead of my iPad, so please forgive me if I haven't seemed concerned about all of you who are coping with a lot of various upsets. Believe me, you are all in my thoughts and I wish only the best for you and yours.
Back to the sunshine tomorrow. I'm not impressed by the UK summer so far 
Gransnet forums
Gransnet cafe
Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.
This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion
I'm so glad that paw is feeling a bit more chirpy, you can perhaps relax a little 




.

. No matter what their reason for pulling out, all it would have taken is a phone call to say so, not weeks of silence. Sending you 