Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(16 Posts)
12Michael Thu 22-Jun-17 06:58:39

Good Morning Everyone,
its grey and a breeze this morning , but remains dry after one of the hottest nights on record as well.
Mick

kittylester Thu 22-Jun-17 07:06:57

Morning Mick, morning all!

It's still really muggy in North Leicestershire but not as sunny. I hope we get rain soon.

A pootling and faffing morning for me, lunch with DD1 and then a CrISP course this evening.

Enjoy your days everyone!sunshine

harrigran Thu 22-Jun-17 07:30:46

Good morning, light mist but still 17 degrees.
Yesterday turned out warmer than forecasted and the storms abated quite quickly.

NfkDumpling Thu 22-Jun-17 07:50:58

Morning All

Sultry, warm and feels like there should be a storm here. But no rain as yet. The garden is parched.

DGS is back to nursery this morning so I'm off into Norwich for the first time in ages while DH visits his dentist. What a novelty!

Pittcity Thu 22-Jun-17 07:57:31

Good morning from sunny Colchester. A very warm night. Thunderstorm forecast but the sky is clear atm.
Got to buy and post some birthday cards. I always forget until the last moment.
DS has his school prom tonight. Looking forward to seeing them all dressed up.

ninathenana Thu 22-Jun-17 08:04:10

Morning all.
A bright morning in Kent but storms forecast. My phone says 22c but it dosen't feel that warm.

travelsafar Thu 22-Jun-17 08:16:16

Very very overcast here in Letchworth.

A brisk breeze is blowing with a distinct chilly edge to it.

Off to meet my sister for coffee and a catch up, then do my supermarket shop so glad it is cooler today.

cornergran Thu 22-Jun-17 08:29:58

Morning All. Normal service has been resumed in our corner of Somerset. Cloudy, windy and much cooler. Down to 17 degrees. No sign of rain though. Cleaning today, not much else. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

Gagagran Thu 22-Jun-17 08:32:10

Morning all! Just back from Tesco on a cooler but humid, overcast day. Stocked up with enough food and drink to feed an army (to quote DH) as DS and family are coming tomorrow till Monday. However hard I try I can't do a pared back shop!

Happy days everyone! sunshine

Anniebach Thu 22-Jun-17 08:43:21

Good morning all

rosesarered Thu 22-Jun-17 08:50:44

Morning everyone....cool at last! Rain for five mins only though.Just did a pile of ironing, got that out of the way.Must buy new sandals later, old ones almost falling to bits.Have a nice day all.

Nelliemoser Thu 22-Jun-17 08:53:12

No effective rain here in Cheshire I am still waiting.

TerriBull Thu 22-Jun-17 09:11:35

Good morning from my corner of the south east. Cloudy but so much cooler, it was a very uncomfortable sticky day yesterday. Off to lunch with friend today, looks as though it might storm later, but I will be pleased not to be having lunch sweating like a pig. Although I shouldn't complain son and girlfriend who arrived last night to stay for a few nights told us travelling on the tube in London to work at the moment is not a pleasant experience.

Nana3 Thu 22-Jun-17 09:23:53

Good morning. Plenty of welcome rain in Lancashire. I'm happy to be doing things at my own pace this morning, what a treat.
Have a good day everyone.

gma Thu 22-Jun-17 10:01:19

Like Nfk Dumpling it's very humid here and sky looking a bit threatening! Garden desperately needs good soak, so keeping fingers crossed!
Enjoy visit to Norwich!!!! And dentist mr ND!

annodomini Thu 22-Jun-17 10:19:13

Good morning. Back to normal here in Cheshire - grey and drizzling. Temperature in the teens. Might have to go back to wearing socks. sad