Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(13 Posts)
harrigran Tue 27-Jun-17 09:19:34

Good morning, cool and damp this morning. School run this afternoon.
Yesterday I had a duvet day with my book, DH's visiting friend left me drained.

DanniRae Tue 27-Jun-17 08:34:06

Good Morning All.

Just started raining here in my corner of South London.
The garden needs it but I don't.

Have a lovely day Everyone!

Tippy22 Tue 27-Jun-17 08:22:03

Very grey and dull with rain forecast here in East Sussex. Enjoy your day everyone.

rosesarered Tue 27-Jun-17 08:00:02

Morning all, grey and fresh here with the promise of mucho rain! Hurrah! The garden really needs it.
Meeting friends for coffee mid morning and then shopping.

cornergran Tue 27-Jun-17 07:57:51

Morning All. Overcast and feels chilly in our corner of Somerset. Off to see friends today, hope it's better in their area as we'd planned to visit some gardens. That must have been sobering, mick, a sight difficult to forget. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

Mapleleaf Tue 27-Jun-17 07:49:17

Good morning everyone.
It looks like it has rained through the night and looks quite damp and grey at the moment here in South Yorks. The plants need it! Not forecast to improve over the next few days. Yesterday was lovely and I went birdwatching with DH to RSPB Old Moor. Had a lovely, relaxing time and saw a variety of birds, including an oyster catcher, an avocet, a king fisher and an egret, amongst others. Amazing when you think Old Moor was once a colliery site.
Hope you enjoyed the show, Mick. Must have been so sad seeing Grenfel tower on the way back.
Hope you get some rest today, gagagran.

Pittcity Tue 27-Jun-17 07:47:50

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. We need the rain here! Our lawn is parched and everything is dusty.
Hairdresser this morning and a mooch around town.

ninathenana Tue 27-Jun-17 07:44:08

Morning all.

Grey and breezy in Kent with 66% chance of rain, hope it waits until afternoon. H has a gardening job this morning

whitewave Tue 27-Jun-17 07:25:49

Morning everyone

What a sad sight Mick.

Gaga - it is weird how, after a busy happy time sleep is difficult. I suspect its because
I get overtired. I always sleep better if im well rested confused

NFK envy i would love to go sailing

Kitty - our sports days are all over now Gc too old for such thingssmile but enjoy while you still can

Well my day will hopefully be nice and quiet today. Rain forecast. So will catch up on some reading.

Enjoy your day all

kittylester Tue 27-Jun-17 07:10:07

Morning all!

It is overcast in North Leicestershire and we had rain in the night. It is DGS2'S sports day today - if it goes ahead.

That must gave been a sobering experience Mick sad

NfkDumpling Tue 27-Jun-17 07:06:05

Morning All

My weekend was very quiet compared with you Mick and Gaga! But I think we needed it. We managed a lovely early sail yesterday morning as the weather forecast for the afternoon and the rest of this week isn't good, but the sun shone all day yesterday.

This morning we have high cloud so who knows if the forecast rain will arrive. The garden really needs it. We're off to the funeral of my best friends mum this afternoon. A lovely lady who I've known since my school days. We're all becoming orphans.

Gagagran Tue 27-Jun-17 06:29:21

Morning Mick and everyone. Sounds like a long day for you yesterday. Hope the show was worth it!

It's a cooler, grey day here too. I have been up since 3.30 - just couldn't sleep after too much excitement and stimulation with family visiting over the weekend then very old friends yesterday. My brain would not turn off. Suspect some zzzzz will be on the agenda later!

Happy days everybody. sunshine

12Michael Tue 27-Jun-17 06:20:35

Good Morning Everyone,
Cloudy and grey but dry at the moment here in Brackley this morning.
Had little sleep having got back from seeing "Beautiful" after midnight.
Also travelling down and back on the coach passed Grenfell Tower on the A40(M) , an eerie site to look at.
Mick