Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(22 Posts)
Mapleleaf Fri 30-Jun-17 22:10:53

Greyduster, hope you have been alright.

Mapleleaf Fri 30-Jun-17 22:08:31

Welcome, catherine123. I think you'll find us a pleasant bunch here on Gransnet cafe. I've been made very welcome - joined gransnet earlier this year. ?

catherine123 Fri 30-Jun-17 19:11:20

good evening everyone just joined today, i live in Eastham in wirral i am 69 and have four grandchildren and my husband and i have looked after them since they were born all at school now ages sam 4 daniel 9 my sons boys and ewan and calum and ewan calum 7 ewan 9 my daughters boys, just got back from sam daniel so worn out sam said are you old cos you look old but granny looks ninty so dont feel too bad.

Greyduster Fri 30-Jun-17 14:35:16

Not a holiday, Maple - just some time out ?.

hulahoop Fri 30-Jun-17 13:32:26

A drissly day here in Yorkshire . Had a nice walk in local park .its still cool but hopefully weekend should be a bit brighter .?Gaga .

Mapleleaf Fri 30-Jun-17 13:17:01

Good to see you back greyduster. Have you been on holiday?

downsized Fri 30-Jun-17 11:00:24

Good morning all. It is overcast in Chester and a bit damp.
Hope everyone has a good day.sunshine

Greyduster Fri 30-Jun-17 08:54:55

Probably just an exercise, Harri.

harrigran Fri 30-Jun-17 08:49:30

Good morning, damp and foggy here in the north east.
A lot of activity in the sky last night over the north sea, RAF planes. Wonder what was going on.

Greyduster Fri 30-Jun-17 08:20:29

Good morning, Michael, and all GNs. Maple has given you the weather ?. A baking day for me today; cupcakes for GS's school summer fair tomorrow and brownies for DH. Gaga Very sad for you and your sister.?

cornergran Fri 30-Jun-17 08:20:24

Morning All. Sun has just disappeared behind the clouds in our corner of Somerset. Admin and a food shop today. Sad for you gagagran, the distance makes things so much harder. Good wishes to pawb, hope the day goes as well as it can mawb. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

Pittcity Fri 30-Jun-17 08:18:03

Good morning from Colchester where the sun is peeping out from behind the clouds.
Nothing on the agenda today. Getting used to being retired and loving being able to be busy or lazy as suits us.
(((Hugs)))) to gagagran

Marydoll Fri 30-Jun-17 08:09:59

Good morning all from a dull (yet again) Renfrewshire. More rain later, the grass is sprouting up at some rate. smile
More decorating today for DH, while I go off to town to pick up prescriptions. I may squeeze in a wee sneaky bit of shopping.
Have a good day everyone. Maw I hope your DH gets on OK. My BIL is waiting on one and two friends have just had one.

Mapleleaf Fri 30-Jun-17 08:07:09

Hello everyone,
A brighter morning here in South Yorks. No blue sky yet, but the grey clouds are more broken and a lighter shade. It's also dry at the moment! I think the sun may be trying to break through, fingers crossed.
Sorry about your news, Gagagran. flowers.

Nanny27 Fri 30-Jun-17 07:46:47

And a very good morning from South Wales. After a week of rain the sky looks almost blue and I have high hopes for a nice weekend.

MawBroon Fri 30-Jun-17 07:44:17

Good morning everybody, bright here in N Bucks but certainly "fresh".
Sad for you gagagran it is so hard when you want to be supportive and live so far away. I hope your sister's children are with her? She will be much in your thoughts.

We are off to the Royal Free for DH's Colonoscopy (take two) this afternoon. At least it hasn't involved an early start (apart from me getting up at 5.45 to prepare his second litre jug of Moviprep and then staying awake to make sure he has drunk it all)
Looks like another day for reading!

NfkDumpling Fri 30-Jun-17 07:39:48

Gagagran flowers It's hard being at a distance and not being able to give the hugs you'd like to give.

NfkDumpling Fri 30-Jun-17 07:37:52

A brightish still morning here in Norfolk.

Nothing planned today other than my last pick up of DGS from nursery this afternoon. sad I'll really miss seeing him every day. His dad is on holiday from work next week and we're off in our caravan on Monday. His mum should be well enough to be able to drive by the time we return which will be good. Time for us to step back.

kittylester Fri 30-Jun-17 07:28:16

Morning all!

It's sort of brightish in North Leicestershire so we will have to wait and see. I gave a trip to the butcher's this morning and this afternoon I am sorting out the noticeboards in the library - a very important job!! grin

gaga, that's very sad for your sister and for you. flowers

Gagagran Fri 30-Jun-17 07:13:49

Morning Mick and Nana and everyone!

The sun is back from hiding behind the rain clouds here on the south coast and it looks set fair.

A quiet day planned for us after a hectic week and I look forward to that. Expecting sad news from my sister who is waiting by the bedside of her DH of 60 years for the inevitable.She is 300 miles away so I can only support by emails as she is fairly deaf and doesn't like the phone.

Enjoy your days all. sunshine

Nana3 Fri 30-Jun-17 07:04:23

Good morning from Lancashire. We've had a lot of rain the last few days but it's fine now and the forecast isn't bad for the weekend.
Chippy tea tonight for us and 2 DGC. Have a good day everyone.

12Michael Fri 30-Jun-17 06:35:21

Good Morning Everyone,
This morning have woken up to blue sky and cloud here in Brackley.
Mick