Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Sunday

(16 Posts)
Greyduster Sun 02-Jul-17 10:49:17

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A nice day in prospect in South Yorkshire. A late start for me. I was up at ten past two and still up at half past five. No idea why, but I was surprised that I WAS NOT ALONE hmm! It seems a lot of GNs keep a wee small hours vigil too, posting at silly o'clock. What is keeping us all awake, I wonder? Have a happy day, folks.

Nana3 Sun 02-Jul-17 10:03:44

Good morning from Lancashire. Cloudy this morning, hoping for an improvement.
I was up at 6:30am with the 2 dgds, busy day ahead.
Have a good day everyone.

Nelliemoser Sun 02-Jul-17 09:12:35

Good Morning All.
Just got round to breakfast after watching the gardening programs. My usual early Sunday morning treat.
About time to do some actual gardening.
Sunny and breezy here.

hulahoop Sun 02-Jul-17 09:10:28

Morning from Yorkshire it's blue skies here but windy all family coming today so not much rest hope rain stays away then they can play outside (sorry neighbours)

harrigran Sun 02-Jul-17 08:59:55

Good morning, quite bright but windy.
Rest day today after travelling to watch GDs dance class show yesterday, they were brilliant. Took the family out for early supper, saves DIL cooking after a busy day and she has to do the show again today.

Tippy22 Sun 02-Jul-17 08:55:09

The sun is just beginning to peep through the clouds here in East Sussex looks as though it's going to be a lovely day. Roast lamb for lunch to celebrate DD and SIL birthdays. Enjoy your day everyone.

kittylester Sun 02-Jul-17 08:36:20

Good morning all.

It's bright with a few high grey clouds in North Leicestershire but the forecast is good - hope it's right.

We are going for a stroll by the river this morning and may have a wine at the pub to help us on our way.

Roast pork for lunch it seems ages since we had a 'proper' Sunday lunch.

Enjoy your trip Nfk.

Pittcity Sun 02-Jul-17 08:34:49

Good morning from a sunny Colchester. Was awoken by very gusty wind but it has died down now and we're set for a lovely day.
Family arriving soon. We are looking after DGS3 while the others go to the morning showing of Despicable Me 3.

MawBroon Sun 02-Jul-17 08:26:27

Good morning Mick and everybody. There's the lovely rustling noise of the wind in the trees behind our house this morning and it looks as if it could be a lovely day. sunshine

Marydoll Sun 02-Jul-17 08:22:17

Good morning all,
Dull and breezy here and will need a brolly.sad Oh for some heat!
Off out for afternoon tea and a glass of Prosecco with DD this afternoon.
Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

Gagagran Sun 02-Jul-17 08:04:13

Morning everyone!

High cloud and the sun is peeping through so I think we shall have a nice day here on the south coast. Can't believe it's July already.

DH has requested liver and bacon for main meal today - not my favourite so I shall have a bit of cold beef instead!

Happy days all. sunshine

whitewave Sun 02-Jul-17 07:57:35

Good morning all

Enjoy the Lakes nfk Somewhere I love, and visit frequently.

It has been humid lately and today doesn't seem much different but yesterday was a lovely day and today forecast the same.

Picking flowers for the house - bowls full of them especially sweet peas - what a lovely time of year.

Roast Lamb with olives and ciabatta for supper. Salad to accompany.
Easy peasy!!!!!

aggie Sun 02-Jul-17 07:56:52

Morning all Bright and dry here so far , got a pile of washing to do .

ninathenana Sun 02-Jul-17 07:50:34

Morning Mick , Nfk and everyone.

A damp start after over night rain in Kent. Forecast to brighten up though.
Yyesterda turned out lovely for the big charity event thankfully.
Enjoy your break Nfk

NfkDumpling Sun 02-Jul-17 07:02:33

Morning Mick, morning All

Overcast at the back of the house and blue sky and the front. A stiff breeze too so who knows which way things will go. Hopefully good as we're off to the Lakes via Newark tomorrow and rainy weather when staying in a small caravan can be a bit claustrophobic! Really looking forward to the break (seems a funny thing to say when retired!)

12Michael Sun 02-Jul-17 06:47:47

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright and sunny start here in Brackley this morning, maybe a warm week.
Mick