Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good morning, Saturday

(15 Posts)
Greyduster Sat 08-Jul-17 07:47:49

Good morning, Michael in absentio, and all GNs
I hope I am not duplicating this anywhere but there didn't seem to be one. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire - hope you are getting the same in Harrogate, Mick! A gardening day for me, though the heat may defeat me. I woke up full of aches and pains so I'm not in any hurry to get up. Have a happy day, folks.

aggie Sat 08-Jul-17 07:55:28

Good Morning , sunny still day here ,I am still a bed ....

kittylester Sat 08-Jul-17 07:55:33

Morning gd - glad you took the plunge - we do miss Mick when he's not here.

It's a hot day already in North Leicestershire. Library birthday party this morning - the kitten nibbled round one of my sponge layers (a contribution to the Cake stall) while they were cooling so I have to work out how to retrieve the situation - or I could just hide!

NfkDumpling Sat 08-Jul-17 07:56:44

Morning Duster, Mick and All

A bright sunny day in forecast for the Lakes so we're heading for the hills!

Happy Saturday!

Pittcity Sat 08-Jul-17 07:58:30

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester.
Forgot that Michael was away Grey and I was hunting too.
The sunshine has disappeared here so I hope it will be cooler today so that I can get a few bits in town and finish my ironing in comfort. Having a quiet weekend.

harrigran Sat 08-Jul-17 08:01:04

Good morning, nice bright day in the north east but was pretty cool when I woke at 5.30.
Durham miner's gala today, at least it is not raining.

Marydoll Sat 08-Jul-17 08:03:55

Good morning Mick and all GNs. Thanks Greyduster for starting thread. Hope you are enjoying your break Mick.
Slight improvement in weather here. At least it's not rainng.smile It has been a very busy week, so taking it easy today.

Gagagran Sat 08-Jul-17 08:25:47

Morning all! Hope Warners is proving as good as you hoped Mick.

It's a little cloudier and therefore a little cooler here on the south coast - which pleases me. Just been too hot to do anything much this week!

I am off to a mini-festival at the local pub in aid of the Rheumatology Dept. of our main hospital today. My WI have a cake stall, I have been collecting dozens and dozens of teddies (furry variety) for a teddy stall and I am singing in the choir (1.30-2pm) so a busy day in store. The lovely landlord does a charity day every year in his beautiful gardens behind the pub and it is always well supported and raises oodles of cash.

Hope everyone has a happy day and that all poorly pets and family members have as good a day as possible. sunshine

hulahoop Sat 08-Jul-17 08:44:34

Lovely start to day in Yorkshire not sure what I'm doing yet .

ninathenana Sat 08-Jul-17 08:48:17

Morning everyone.

Overcast here in Kent. Which is not a bad thing for those attending the Kent County Show. We've been several times but it's got so expensive now. I'll stick to the garden.

MawBroon Sat 08-Jul-17 08:52:02

Good morning all - another clear blue sky in N Bucks but perhaps slightly more suggestion of a breeze? Or perhaps wishful thinking?
Popping in to see Paw in hospital before going on to "road test" Freddie. Fingers crossed. Paw needs another scan and more tests, worrying times.

Anniebach Sat 08-Jul-17 08:55:09

Good morning all

rosesarered Sat 08-Jul-17 08:57:53

Morning everyone, going to be another hot sunny day here.Must get moving as DGS will be arriving soon.?
Have a good weekend all.

Mapleleaf Sat 08-Jul-17 09:25:45

Good morning everyone.
The sun is shining here in South Yorks and feels very warm through the glass - not stepped outside yet. It's supposed to remain fairly bright and warm. Hope so!
No big plans for today. Hedge at the back needs a trim, (did the front earlier in the week), it's just generating the enthusiasm to do it...?
Hope your day is a good one.

Sar53 Sat 08-Jul-17 11:10:39

Good late morning. I am looking after three DGD's whilst DD and SIL had night away for 10th Wedding Anniversary. Older two now gone dancing and youngest been taken to the shops by my cousin. Going to watch a little tennis for the next hour. I am in the Midlands and the weather is glorious. Will be driving back to Essex this afternoon.