Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(13 Posts)
12Michael Tue 18-Jul-17 06:40:55

Good Morning Everyone,
Its cloudy but looks bright can see the trails from aircraft flying over so looks good in Brackley.
Mick

NanKate Tue 18-Jul-17 06:44:49

Good morning Mick and All

Staying in our usual lovely cottage in the New Forest this week. As I was walking bare foot towards the bathroom late last night there was a cute little frog jumping in front of me. The joys of rural life grin

NfkDumpling Tue 18-Jul-17 06:55:16

Morning All

I'm all for getting back to nature, NanKate but I really don't approve of it coming indoors! Keep thinking now of standing on a frog in bare feet in the middle of the night. Euw!

It's a lovely, clear, warm and sunny morning in north Norfolk. And I would love to think it'll last but the swifts were screaming round in little squadrons yesterday. It means they're getting ready to leave. Already. Why is summer so much shorter than winter when the days are longer!

Mapleleaf Tue 18-Jul-17 07:04:39

Good morning
It's overcast here in South Yorks with a slight haze. Think it is going to turn warm, though.
Enjoy your day, everyone. ?

ninathenana Tue 18-Jul-17 07:12:55

Morning all.
Hazy sunshine in Kent looks promising.
Hospital visit went well, in and out in 45mins and totally painless. Back in October to see if any improvement.
Thanks for good wishes yesterday.

kittylester Tue 18-Jul-17 07:27:00

Morning all!

It's bright and warm in North Leicestershire but feels too hot to think about gardening which is what I should be doing.

Glad yesterday went smoothly nina but I'd prefer not to think about your frog Kate.

This afternoon I am off to meet more lovely carers.

Enjoy your days everyone!

cornergran Tue 18-Jul-17 07:38:35

Morning All. Light cloud, promised a hot day in our corner of Somerset. Some family coming today, off to the beach for 'holiday' things. Oh dear, frogs, kate, definitely would have been a different reaction from me! Pleased hospital went well, nina, always a relief when it does. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

Greyduster Tue 18-Jul-17 07:44:15

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Maple has the weather bang to rights here, and yes, it will be warm again. Glad your hospital visit went well Nina. Not sure what we have planned for today; we will let it take its course. Whatever you are doing, I hope it brings you joy.

Gagagran Tue 18-Jul-17 08:29:31

Mornign Mick, kitty and everyone! The sun is shining here on the south coast and it's feeling hot already.

We are geared up to prune the bay tree in the garden now that the dunnocks have fledged and left their nest. It's over 8 feet tall and nearly as wide so needs drastic slimming! Himself prunes, I supervise and we clear up jointly. Works for us!

Happy days to all GNs sunshine

Greyduster Tue 18-Jul-17 09:01:57

Gaga we had a monster bay too. We had it cut right down to the ground (at great expense) and three months later it is on the march again - now four feet of foliage sprouting from the bare stumps!

Pittcity Tue 18-Jul-17 09:05:23

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Another hot dry, one in the offing.
Garden out of bounds this week while new patio is laid and nothing in my diary today.
My problem is stepping on moths atm. There are a lot of them and they've taken to landing on the wooden floor.

harrigran Tue 18-Jul-17 09:31:56

Good morning, another lovely day here in the north east. We went to GD's school concert yesterday, last for her at the primary school. Back to the village again today as it is DIL's birthday and we are taking the family out for tea. DIL is on the infant school trip to the seaside so she will be well and truly tired tonight grin

whitewave Tue 18-Jul-17 10:11:21

Morning all

This is me avoiding the ironing I'm in the middle ofgrin

Glorious day and hot.

Lunch with friend today in Sussex countryside which is looking delightful. We had planned to go walking but too lazy.

nfk think of how the frog felt!!!! Just as well it wasn't a hedgehog

Well off I go to finish the sheets etc. [hate it]