Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(21 Posts)
12Michael Fri 21-Jul-17 06:39:29

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright blue sky this morning although it has fresh wind as well making in cooler here in Brackley.
Mick

whitewave Fri 21-Jul-17 06:46:23

Good morning Michael

Weather the same here I think bright and cooler.

Usual busy day. Must do some cutting back of the hop, it really does try every year to take its own allotted space and everyone else's - but I love the acid green if its leaves.

Then Mums shopping and afternoon tea with her, then walking the dog then to DDs to have a chat and catch up or she might come with us to walk all the dogs.
But first this morning I must put on a sweet potato and coconut slow cooker curry!!
Also ironing if I can find the time!!

Greyduster Fri 21-Jul-17 06:47:26

Good morning, Michael, and all GNs. We have blue sky and high cloud at the moment in South Yorkshire. I woke up at five thirty with either shocking hay fever or a bad cold - I'm still trying to work out which - and have only just stopped sneezing my brains out. Not much planned for today except more sneezing and maybe a pub lunch. Have a good day, folks.

Tea and cake Fri 21-Jul-17 06:52:49

Good morning everyone. Overcast and dull in Midlands, looks like rain later.

kittylester Fri 21-Jul-17 06:53:09

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's bright and fresh in North Leicestershire but there are a few ominous clouds around and rain in the forecast.

I have an induction course for a new volunteer role this morning - wish me luck!

It seems we had a hovering police helicopter for a while overnight. DH has been awake since then and moved bedrooms so he could read. I heard nothing!! I've been using a pillow spray to help me sleep which appears to work.

kittylester Fri 21-Jul-17 06:54:33

Where in the Midlands are you Teaandcake?

NfkDumpling Fri 21-Jul-17 06:55:00

Morning Mick, morning All

A lovely morning here in Norfolk, pleasantly warm with a light breeze and no longer as humid. Looks like the wind may fill in later then Mick, as we often get your weather a few hours later!

We've got a new bed coming this afternoon, so we spent a lot of yesterday sorting out the spare room where the old bed will replace the even older one in there. DH actually opened a case of his clothes which must have moved house with us and found hardly worn clothes which must be thirty years out of fashion (including some very short shorts!). All a couple of sizes too small. My suggestion of donating them to a museum was not well received, and I do wonder what the charity shop will do with them!

Tea and cake Fri 21-Jul-17 06:59:23

Hi kittylester. Birmingham, the big city itself!

Nelliemoser Fri 21-Jul-17 07:02:03

Good morning all .Wet and very windy in Cheshire. No choice but to get on taking up OHs new trousers. Or should I finish my book?

Nelliemoser Fri 21-Jul-17 07:05:35

Just reading this it seems the weather has not yet moved east across the country. It's really blowy here.

Gagagran Fri 21-Jul-17 07:06:05

Morning Mick and everyone.

It's clear, cooler and bright here on the south coast and I hope it stays like that for my WI solar boat trip round Chichester Harbour this morning.

Happy days to all GNs sunshine

Nana3 Fri 21-Jul-17 07:45:46

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's wet and windy in Lancashire but it won't put me off the WI walk this morning.
Thank you so much for all your support yesterday, I felt immediately better about my visit to Mum and found her awake (ish) and she woofed down the melon and grapes I took for her. Thanks again.
That's a good story about the clothes NfkD, I wonder what you'll do with them.
Have a good day everyone.

kittylester Fri 21-Jul-17 08:02:38

I'm in the East Midlands rather than the west Teaandcake - no wonder our weather is different.

Glad you had a good visit, Nana3. It's a hard road.flowers

Mapleleaf Fri 21-Jul-17 08:03:23

Good morning one and all.
Still sunny in South Yorks, with a slight breeze. It might be a bit fresher, but not been outdoors yet. Felt muggy through the night though. Hope you feel a bit better, Greyduster. Hope the induction goes well, kitty.
Have a lovely Friday everyone. ?

ninathenana Fri 21-Jul-17 08:18:02

Morning all.
A sunny start in Kent with a cool breeze. Last night was the first time for a while that we didn't need the fan on in the bedroom.
Food shopping this morning.

Good luck kitty you'll ace it.

cornergran Fri 21-Jul-17 08:21:52

Morning All from a grey, damp and oh so windy corner of Somerset. It's seriously yucky out there, oh well, the shopping bags will weigh me down when I do the food shop later. Won't blow away, unlike the poor rose petals decorating the garden. Hope those sneezes pass, greyduster, sort of hoping it's hay fever. You got time for more volunteering, kitty? Don't know how you fit it all in. Still, enjoy your induction session. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

Anniebach Fri 21-Jul-17 08:52:40

Good morning all

rosesarered Fri 21-Jul-17 08:57:01

Morning to everyone, a grey and cooler day here so far ( thank goodness) with a prospect of rain. The garden needs a bit more anyway, even if we don't.
A relaxing and shopping day for us today, before a busy weekend.

Tippy22 Fri 21-Jul-17 09:04:51

Lovely blue sky here in East Sussex, so windy yesterday. Enjoy your day and weekend everyone.

Pittcity Fri 21-Jul-17 09:07:20

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Cooler, bright and breezy.
Our new patio will be finished today and then we will need to work out where the pots and furniture will go.
Dinner and wine tasting at a friend's house tonight.

Marydoll Fri 21-Jul-17 10:01:00

Good morning all from a miserable, wet Renfrewshire (Again) Oh for some sun! Lidl shopping (I have a voucher to usegrin ) and then a day in the house sewing. Have a good weekend all.