Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Monday

(19 Posts)
hulahoop Mon 24-Jul-17 10:58:29

Morning all its miserable here in Yorkshire typical weather for start of school holidays . Maw hope paw is feeling better soon.

Marydoll Mon 24-Jul-17 09:06:58

Maw, sorry Paw is still so unwell.

Anniebach Mon 24-Jul-17 09:01:18

Good morning all

Pittcity Mon 24-Jul-17 09:00:03

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Autumnal feel here too.
Feels weird having to put on extra clothing layers after such a long hot spell.
Walking Netball is off for the summer as the University Sports Centre is used by outside groups who pay more than us. I am therefore planning a walk and laundry today.

Greyduster Mon 24-Jul-17 08:57:04

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. I am late this morning - another wakeful night. Dull but dry this morning in SouthYorkshire though there has obviously been rain overnight. We have to go out and sort the final bits of kit for our bathroom project today. It has been a pain and I wish we hadn't started it. Have a happy day, folks.

Gagagran Mon 24-Jul-17 08:46:20

Morning Mick kitty and everyone.

It can't decide whether to fine up and dry the washing but I am hoping it will as my laundry wallah has gone ahead and put his cycling gear in the washer! (and turned it on!)

DD is off to Boscastle this morning with her two DC plus a friend - rather her than me but she is quite a disciplinarian so I think they will all behave! We have a quiet day waiting for news of my BinLaw as he slowly declines. Very sad.

Wishing happy days to all. sunshine

MawBroon Mon 24-Jul-17 08:45:46

Lovely start to the week Marydoll congratulations.
Good morning to everybody from a grey chilly N Bucks. Poor holidaymakers especially those on a "bucket and spade" holiday. However, there is no such as thing as bad weather I am told, just the wrong clothes.
Paw is still in hospital and although progress has been made on his kidney function, his breathing is worrying me and he needs oxygen and nebulisers. Of course he has not been able to get out of bed so his mobility (poor anyway) has diminished to zero as he needs to be able to get his breath to try any physiology/walking.
Not putting it off any longer, I am off to collect Hattie (new dog) this morning. Feeling nervous!
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

NfkDumpling Mon 24-Jul-17 08:43:27

Morning All

Cool, overcast and a little mizzly in the north of Norfolk this morning. DGS stayed over last night and we've just collected his cousin DGD2 who he hasn't seen for a while. Off swimming in a little while. Can't stop!

TerriBull Mon 24-Jul-17 08:39:40

Good morning. It's wet! wet! wet! here in the south east not a great start for the school holidays.

harrigran Mon 24-Jul-17 08:28:49

Good morning, it is autumn in the north east. We had a wet and windy night, not holiday weather at all.
DH off to collect GD1 for two day stay.

Marydoll Mon 24-Jul-17 08:23:57

Morning everyone, sun at last. smile
Had baby granddaughter overnight for the first time, she has been a delight.
Downside, her daddy left his phone on train last night, so I'm expecting one very stressed DS this morning, as his "Whole life" appears to be on it.

Nana3 Mon 24-Jul-17 08:19:59

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's cloudy in Lancashire but the sun is breaking through. I am free this morning and will call a friend and ask her if she wants to meet up. Visiting Mum this afternoon.
whitewave, you are reaping the rewards of all your hard work, well deserved. I enjoy your garden updates very much.
Have a good day all.

cornergran Mon 24-Jul-17 07:59:44

Morning All. Sun just breaking through the cloud in our corner of Somerset. Off for a wander today, won't know where until we get there smile. Hope Monday is kind to everyone.

whitewave Mon 24-Jul-17 07:32:06

Morning to all

Raining!!!! The sort of soft rain we get in Cornwall.

Another Monday - I wish someone would slow the clock down.

t&c enjoy!! It is a lovely time.

Need to pick yet another million sweet peas. They have been extraordinary this year. Not sure if it was the seed which I got free from the RHS. Will get some more for next year.

Seed carrots for autumn yesterday, need to get some salad onion seed. Autumn raspberries are beginning to ripen.

Hake in stewed peppers for supper.

Have a good day all

aggie Mon 24-Jul-17 07:31:12

Good Morning all from a very sunny CoArmagh, dentist today .... Oh joy !

ninathenana Mon 24-Jul-17 07:05:56

Morning everyone.

Very grey and dark in Kent. More like October than July. Country File told me the SE was going to be sunny today .
Just pottering indoors today.

kittylester Mon 24-Jul-17 06:49:00

Morning all.

It was wet and blowy overnight and is still overcast in North Leicestershire. Two DGC for the next couple of days so we are going to see Captain Underpants this afternoon. We rarely go to the cinema but this will be the second time in three days.shock

Enjoy your Mondays everyone! sunshine

Tea and cake Mon 24-Jul-17 06:33:03

Good morning everyone. A bit grey and blowy in Birmingham, no rain yet but lots of cloud. I need to visit allotment and am lunching out, I hope. Retired recently so still enjoy thinking that I could be at work, and I'm not!

12Michael Mon 24-Jul-17 06:30:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a wet start here in Brackley this morning grey sky's as well, and its cooler.
Mick
Location wise on the weather map north of Oxford slightly east and south west of Northampton close to Buckingham.