Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(17 Posts)
12Michael Fri 28-Jul-17 06:30:52

Good Morning Everyone,
its dull, grey and appears to be damp as well but dry this morning in Brackley.
Mick

Gagagran Fri 28-Jul-17 06:53:17

Morning Mick and everyone.

We have a shower right now on the south coast and the sky does not look very promising.

Not a lot planned for today but if it dries up I must do a bit of dead heading in the garden.

Hope the day is a happy one for GNs sunshine

kittylester Fri 28-Jul-17 06:57:07

Morning Mick, morning all.

North Leicestershire is quite bright this morning but we have rain forecast for later. According to DS1 there was 'biblical rain' as he was leaving work yesterday.shock

Trip to the butcher's and more admin for me today!

Enjoy your Fridays everyone. sunshine

kittylester Fri 28-Jul-17 06:58:11

Morning gaga - hope you are feeling OK today.

Tea and cake Fri 28-Jul-17 07:05:21

Good morning everyone. Going away today. Blue skies but very slight rain now. At least the wind has dropped, don't want too much of a bumpy flight! Have a good weekend everybody.

ffinnochio Fri 28-Jul-17 07:27:20

Good morning all. A still, blue skied start to the day. I'm starting the discipline of 20 mins Yoga first thing. Helps with the encroaching stiffness!

Nana3 Fri 28-Jul-17 07:42:19

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's raining this morning in Lancashire, I was planning a walk with dgd1 too, will probably have to cancel. I'll be visiting Mum in the care home later.
Have a good day everyone.

Greyduster Fri 28-Jul-17 07:48:48

Good morning, Michael, and all GNs. We have high cloud and sunshine this morning. I woke up with the most appalling ringing in my ears. Happens from time to time. I hope it will tune out soon because at the moment it is very loud! A bit of shopping to do and then hopefully we may get a walk in today. I found deadheading very soothing yesterday Gaga - I hope it does the same for you. Have a lovely holiday Tea and Cake. Enjoy your day, everyone.

Pittcity Fri 28-Jul-17 07:56:28

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. No rain forecast here until tonight.
Hairdresser this morning and last minute shopping as off on holiday tomorrow.

ninathenana Fri 28-Jul-17 08:00:37

Morning all.
Guess what......
It's grey and dull in Kent again We saw the sun for 10mins about 5pm yesterday just long enough to produce a rainbow.
D's partner is in hospital with complications of his T1 poor guy this happens every few months.
Hope you have a better day gaga
Enjoy your holiday Tea n cake

ninathenana Fri 28-Jul-17 08:01:38

Pittcity hope you have a good holiday too

Marydoll Fri 28-Jul-17 08:04:55

Good morning Mick and all.
What a surprise, it's dull and rainy here again.
Recovering from long, but happy childminding day with GDD yesterday. Torrential rain, but we ended up going out, looking for muddy puddles.
It's not the childminding that is tiring, it's all the visitors who arrive, because the know she is here. They usually need fed and watered.
Off to shops for a "Dine in for two" and a quick look at sales.
Hope the ringing stops Greyduster and have a safe and smooth journey. Tea and Cake
Enjoy your day, everyone.

harrigran Fri 28-Jul-17 08:21:29

Good morning, dry and bright after overnight rain. Both of us have GP appointments this afternoon then we will do a grocery shop. My excitement knows no bounds grin

Tippy22 Fri 28-Jul-17 08:30:56

Drizzling here in East Sussex at the moment hope it brightens as I have all my family arriving today including three GC all under three years old. It will be lovely to be all together though as it doesn't happen very often. Enjoy your day everyone.

Anniebach Fri 28-Jul-17 08:43:47

Good morning all

whitewave Fri 28-Jul-17 09:13:04

Morning all.

Rain on the Downs tippy so perhaps it's coming your way? Enjoy your day with the children.

Making trifle today and will decorate it in the morning.

Must get to the art shop and purchase a no 4 brush as I can't find mine anywhere -goodness knows where it has got to. Want it to do some flower work and it's my favourite size.

Too wet and windy (I hate the wind) to do much in the garden. Feeding the birds this morning and noticed the delphiniums. They really are one of my favourites. I have Fenella -the deepest colbalt blue and purple and one which I've forgotten the name which is sky blue absolutely lovely but this wind isn't doing then a lot of good.

Enjoy all. Peace and joy!!

NfkDumpling Fri 28-Jul-17 09:25:33

Morning All

Bright and very breezy in Norfolk this morning. Have collected DGD2 from DD2 (so she can visit her cousins) and DH is now loading the car (including a bed frame - don't ask!) for us to all go to Aylesbury to DD1 for a sleep over. They're off camping in Cornwall and we're having their two dogs for a couple of weeks. Back late tomorrow.