Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(21 Posts)
12Michael Wed 02-Aug-17 06:24:10

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but looking grey here in Brackley this morning, up a little early washing in laundrette.
Mick

Nana3 Wed 02-Aug-17 06:48:23

Good morning everyone. You're well organised Mick, that's very impressive. I've had a sleepless night, hopefully I might have a snooze after a cup of tea and a biscuit.
Have a good day everyone.

Tea and cake Wed 02-Aug-17 07:04:48

Good morning everybody. Lots of cloud and overcast in the West Midlands and cool. Hard to tell if it's going to rain or not. Hope you get your snooze Nana3.

kittylester Wed 02-Aug-17 07:09:29

Good morning all!

It's a grey start in North Leicestershire and there is rain again in the forecast.

Shopping for a birthday present for dh and delivering DD3'S birthday present (hopefully a quick chat to Bertie and Persie included) this morning.

This afternoon I'm going out with a friend whose husband has bladder cancer but whose treatment hasn't started yet as the doctors keep moving his appointments and then asking for more tests. She is getting more and more anxious brew and cupcake are often called for.

Marydoll Wed 02-Aug-17 07:16:42

Good morning Mick and all,
Dry here in Renfrewshire, but rain later.
Sleepless night, but will have to pull myself together, as we have toddler GGD all day, and she is "full on!"
Off to driving range, nice drive over the Erskine Bridge, to make the most of the day before the rain. Papa will golf and DDG and I will eat cake in the coffee shop attached to it.

Have a good day all.

ninathenana Wed 02-Aug-17 07:26:56

Morning all.
The grey has returned to Kent after yesterdays glimps of summer. Rain forecast later, I don't think H will be going to his afternoon gardening job.

NfkDumpling Wed 02-Aug-17 07:28:33

Morning All

Bright sunshine in Norfolk, but bands of high cloud keep drifting through in a threatening sort of way.

Probably going to see Dunkirk this afternoon.

cornergran Wed 02-Aug-17 07:28:55

Morning All. Looks like Winter in our corner of Somerset. Grey, windy, raining. It's August hmm. Off to a Castle today which fortunately has a roof. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

whitewave Wed 02-Aug-17 07:39:01

Morning people

Rain forecast today. Just dull at the moment.

Will do some art work later I think. In the middle of making an anniversary card for daughter.

Yesterday I was pottering around in the garden, and deadheading the roses. And I have decided that if you only have room for one or two, for sheer flower power and health you really can't beat modern roses. I have roses from all decades but nothing beats the latest from David Austin. The one I chose was Olivia which is a old English shrub soft pink and the most glorious scent. It has been covered in flower since May and is still going strong. I plant 3 in a group for bigger impact. Around it are blue perennials like lavender, cat mint and salvias for summer, now for the autumn the Rozannes are beginning to do their stuff.

Parmesan crusted plaice for supper - Delia

Imperfect27 Wed 02-Aug-17 07:49:48

NW Kent dull, dull, dull. Still, woke up to a clean oven today! smile

NannyJan53 Wed 02-Aug-17 08:04:07

Good Morning everyone.

Raining here in West Mids! We are off to Cheddar later today, camping! Weather looks a bit brighter though over weekend. Going to Glastonbury Extravanganza on Saturday to see Brian Wilson (Beach Boys) Corinne Bailey Rae & The Black Dyke Band. Always a good night...have seen Van Morrison, Raye Davies, Robert Plant and George Ezra in the past!

Have a good Wednesday all, will be packing etc today!

Greyduster Wed 02-Aug-17 08:04:14

Good morning, Michael, and all GNs. Dull but dry here in South Yorkshire today. We had heavy rain and T&L yesterday afternoon. Kitty I hope your eye is feeling better. Meant to ask yesterday. Nothing much planned today except a trip to the bank and chasing up some spotlights for the bathroom. No-one seems to have the ones we want. Enjoy your castle, corner! Have a good day folks.

Greyduster Wed 02-Aug-17 08:05:40

NannyJan that sounds like my kind of concert! Hope you enjoy it!

Pittcity Wed 02-Aug-17 08:15:58

Good morning from the sunny river Main.
It's beautiful for sailing this morning after yesterday's rain. Visiting Miltenburg this afternoon.

Tippy22 Wed 02-Aug-17 08:32:31

Very grey and i think rain is on the way to us in East Sussex. A trip to the tip is my excitement for the day. Oh joy! Have a good day everyone.

rosesarered Wed 02-Aug-17 08:41:57

Good morning everyone....grey here in Oxfordshire, and rain to come all across the south and midlands, so most of us won't need to water the garden at least.

harrigran Wed 02-Aug-17 09:00:08

Good morning, it is dry at present but forecast is for more rain.
Managed a walk along the seafront yesterday but just made it to the car before one of the heavy showers.

NannyJan53 Wed 02-Aug-17 09:10:00

Greyduster , thank you. This is our fourth time and always enjoyed it. We try to make a few days of it and enjoy the area too!

TerriBull Wed 02-Aug-17 09:49:45

Good morning from East Sussex here for a few days, twice annual trip to attend to parents grave. Glorious day yesterday, wall to wall sunshine. Spent a few hours in Alfriston remembering the times I had with my mum in her latter years. Such a gorgeous place we had lunch in a pretty tea shop and spent some time in a fab local bookshop that sells both new and second hand books. My husband bought a 2nd hand book of poetry that belonged to the late Dennis Healy, who lived in Alfriston, complete with passages he had marked out in pencil so that was quite a find. I'm off to Lewes today to have lunch with a very good friend while husband plays golf, sadly weather is gloomy and overcast with forecasts of rain.

Nelliemoser Wed 02-Aug-17 09:52:30

Good morning all! Rather wet in Cheshire showers and rain forecast for most of the day.

JaneD3 Wed 02-Aug-17 09:55:37

Morning all! Yes Kitty, dull in Leicester too. Often to visit the care home again ...