Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(19 Posts)
Maggiemaybe Thu 03-Aug-17 19:42:24

I must say The Zookeeper's Wife was good, based on a true story. The woman in question lived at the Warsaw Zoo and she and her husband rescued and hid over 300 Jews they saved from the ghetto. Very moving, and not something I'd heard of before.

whitewave Thu 03-Aug-17 10:18:20

Oh terri you will enjoy that. We have been there a few times it is huge!! And plenty to see. The deer are a delight.

TerriBull Thu 03-Aug-17 10:14:01

Good morning from a damp East Sussex, met friend in Lewes yesterday for lunch, weather went from a gorgeous summer day Tuesday to a rather wintery, rainy experience in 24 hours. Hey ho that's England for you. Leaving Sussex for home today but wending our way slowly and visiting National Trust's Knole Place home of the Sackville West's on our way.

Imperfect27 Thu 03-Aug-17 09:59:44

Morning all - NW Kent can't make up its mind weatherwise today. Hoping the showers will keep at bay as I have a line full of 3 loads of washing. Washed windows and about to make x 2 coffee and walnut cakes - can see that early sense of virtue will be cancelled by teatime when we enjoy the cake! smile Here's to a good day to all Gnetters.

Tippy22 Thu 03-Aug-17 09:21:16

Blue sky after a day of rain yesterday here in East Sussex. Ironing awaits again. Enjoy your day everyone.

Maggiemaybe Thu 03-Aug-17 09:19:04

Good morning. Weather "promising", according to DH. Just about to do my yogalates, for the first time in weeks. Cinema for us later and a look round town. We rarely went to the pictures, whitewave, till we discovered the Senior Vue showings. Watching a film in the middle of the day still seems like a treat, and we go most weeks. We often find the films we don't really fancy are the ones we most enjoy. It's The Zookeeper's Wife today.

MawBroon Thu 03-Aug-17 09:16:54

Wild and windy in N Bucks too. Feels more like Autumn I do hope Summer isn't over sad
(My GN still looks the same, rosesarered, what has changed?)

Anniebach Thu 03-Aug-17 09:12:23

Good morning all

rosesarered Thu 03-Aug-17 09:10:34

Good morning to all, grey and windy weather here, not like Summer at all.
Am just finding my way through the new GN lay out, it's the same as Mumsnet now, and takes some getting used to.Wonder what the new logo will be like?

Smithy Thu 03-Aug-17 08:20:12

Good morning to all, wet dull and cool in the north east.
Ww, your garden sounds a delight. I have a small garden and rely on containers to bring more colour.

whitewave Thu 03-Aug-17 08:01:48

Good morning all

You seem to be having a lovely time pittcity

Dull and windy here after a day of rain yesterday. It feels distinctly autumnal out there.

I grew those tight small ball dahlias this year for a change they are full of flower - I can't remember their proper name, but I have decided they don't suit me as I prefer the large untidy ones. Rather like me I suppose! So I will give the tubers away and get some huge raggedy ones next year I think. I really only grow them for cutting like the gladiolus.

Red pepper and broccoli pasta for supper.

Enjoy your day one and all. Enjoy the film kitty I haven't been to the cinema for years!! We go to the theatre more and tend to watch films at home. Too lazy I suppose

Greyduster Thu 03-Aug-17 08:00:54

Good morning, Michael, and all GNs. The weather in South Yorkshire can't make its mind up what it wants to do, but at least it is dry and the sun is fighting hard! Ironing for me today, then a trip to the bank (there aren't many branches left to have a trip to!). Have a good day, everyone!

Pittcity Thu 03-Aug-17 07:40:10

Good morning from rainy Wurtzburg. 70 degrees already, a shorts and brolly day.

harrigran Thu 03-Aug-17 07:32:46

Good morning, cloudy after overnight rain and forecast is for more rain today.
Lunch out in Durham but it will be door to door in the car because of the forecast.

kittylester Thu 03-Aug-17 07:17:28

Morning all!

Huh! We have grey clouds in North Leicestershire.

I'm feeling very old - our baby is 30 today. shock

Busy day ahead for the Lesters. Sainsbury's this morning (with dh in tow!!!) cinema to see Baby Driver this afternoon and a meal on the way home.

Enjoy your Thursdays everyone! sunshine

Tea and cake Thu 03-Aug-17 07:16:37

Good morning everybody. Cool, clouds moving quite rapidly, yet another 'don't know' what's going to happen day in Birmingham. Quite cool. Dry, for now.

Nana3 Thu 03-Aug-17 07:01:09

Good morning Mick and everyone, it's raining in Lancashire but will brighten up later if it follows the pattern of the last days.
First a trip to the hairdressers then to the doctors for the result of blood tests.
Going out to a restaurant with friends this evening, a rare treat, looking forward to it.
Hope you all have a good day.

ninathenana Thu 03-Aug-17 07:00:56

Morning Mick and everyone.

Blue sky and not a cloud in sight in Kent. Still a stiff breeze though.
We are going to Dobbies later as H needs some bits, we will have lunch there in the excelent restaurant too.

12Michael Thu 03-Aug-17 06:49:17

Good Morning Everyone,
Its blue sky with cloud is the only way to describe this morning in Brackley.
Mick