Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Monday

(18 Posts)
12Michael Mon 07-Aug-17 06:51:31

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but grey sky's this morning over Brackley, hoping it brightens later.
Mick

Gagagran Mon 07-Aug-17 07:04:03

Morning Mick and everybody.

It's grey cloud here on the south coast this morning so I am glad I did my laundry yesterday - a perfect drying day.

Both off to the dentist this morning for a check up then ironing. Oh joy!

Happy days all! sunshine

Nana3 Mon 07-Aug-17 07:06:58

Good morning all. It's wet and grey in Lancashire, I'm also hoping for a brighter afternoon Mick as I'll be taking 2 DGC to the park. Making a cherry cake this morning.
Have a good day everyone.

Tea and cake Mon 07-Aug-17 07:14:16

Good morning everyone. Midlands has slight drizzle. For the last couple of days we have had rain, sun, wind, storms... Hoping for rain mid week as have to take cat to vet for her yearly visit and if it's raining she will be inside, if not she could be anywhere!

Pittcity Mon 07-Aug-17 07:17:13

Good morning from sunny Passau.
Our last day in Germany as tomorrow we cruise the Danube into Austria.
We have left the heat and humidity for fresher weather today.

kittylester Mon 07-Aug-17 07:23:49

Morning all!

It is overcast in North Leicestershire and we've already had a shower.

It is DH'S birthday today - he's 72 shock and we are going to look at yet more cars! Then lunch out and home for an afternoon watching the cricket!!

Enjoy your Mondays everyone! sunshine

MawBroon Mon 07-Aug-17 07:37:20

Good morning from grey N Bucks. Not that it matters as I intend to close my eyes and "snatch" another 45 minutes!

Marydoll Mon 07-Aug-17 07:39:20

Good morning all.

Dry here in Renfrewshire, but rain promised later. DH off early to play golf, nice to have a few hours of peace and quiet to potter about.

Have DGD today, but can't go out until her replacement car seats come. Manufacture recalled original car seats, as they failed an independent safety test, (all a bit worrying, as they are supposed to be the best on the market) and if we don't wait in, the new ones will be returned to Germany.
A pity, as I like to get out with the pram. However, her safety is more important.

Have a good day everyone.

ninathenana Mon 07-Aug-17 07:42:43

Morning all.

Happy Birthday Mr. Lester. Have fun with that kitty hmm
Bright and sunny in Kent. No plans for the day, bit of this and a bit of that.
Have a good say everyone.

harrigran Mon 07-Aug-17 07:44:24

Good morning, overcast again after more overnight rain.
Both of us have hospital appointments today, one just after lunch and the other at six o' clock. Had a letter for another appointment today and tried to change it, realised at last second that it was for 7th September not August blush

Tippy22 Mon 07-Aug-17 07:51:13

Grey here in East Sussex at the moment but the forecast is good. Hairdresser this morning and more cake baking this afternoon. Enjoy your day everyone.

ffinnochio Mon 07-Aug-17 07:51:35

Good morning. A clear fine start with just the slightest hint of an Autumnal morning about it.

Greyduster Mon 07-Aug-17 08:03:30

Good morning, Michael, and all GNs. Cloudy and cool in South Yorkshire. I'm wondering where Mapeleaf has disappeared to. Perhaps she is on holiday. We have nothing much planned today except waiting for a delivery. Kitty I hope Mr L has a lovely birthday! Enjoy your day folks.

12Michael Mon 07-Aug-17 08:06:40

Its just a steady drizzle here at the moment.
Mick

Maggiemaybe Mon 07-Aug-17 08:34:30

Good morning all. Bright and breezy in our bit of Yorkshire. Off to look after two of the DGSs later. I may walk over as I did last week, but the 4 miles I estimated turned out to be 5.5 with far too much of it uphill, so I may not!

Iam64 Mon 07-Aug-17 08:36:04

Good morning. It's fairly bright currently but the rain overnight was torrential. No need to water the pots. Have good days everyone.

Anniebach Mon 07-Aug-17 08:39:08

Good morning all

NfkDumpling Mon 07-Aug-17 10:11:06

Morning All

Overcast and decidedly chilly in the north of Norfolk.

Friends coming for lunch who don't like 'fancy' food - and they're bringing pudding - so a relaxing day in prospect.