Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(20 Posts)
12Michael Tue 08-Aug-17 06:58:35

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dull, wet and grey this morning in Brackley say no more.
Mick

Greyduster Tue 08-Aug-17 07:04:25

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. No more indeed, Mick; we have the same in South Yorkshire and it is set in for the day. Domestics today I think, though I may have to have a snooze later - I have been awake most of the night. Again. Have a good day, all.

kittylester Tue 08-Aug-17 07:08:28

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's chucking it down in North Leicestershire. My mother would be horrified to hear me say 'chucking' and it still gives me a thrill. gringrin

Just a pootling and faffing day for me today.

Nana3 Tue 08-Aug-17 07:09:28

Good morning all, it's grey in Lancashire too. It's the WI garden party today hope it brightens up.
Mum was good yesterday, she said you don't usually come on a Monday, I really couldn't believe it.
Have a good day everyone.

Gagagran Tue 08-Aug-17 07:09:48

Morning Mick and Grey and all GNs.

It is overcast with no sign of the sun this morning here on the south coast. I need to go to the library trip and then a friend is coming for coffee this morning but otherwise a lazy day beckons.

I keep meaning to make a start on sorting a large box of photographs. Could this be the day?

Happy days everyone! sunshine

kittylester Tue 08-Aug-17 07:09:52

Morning gd. Have you tried lavender pillow spray? I use one and I'm sure it helps.

Gagagran Tue 08-Aug-17 07:11:10

ignore trip - where is the edit button?

Tea and cake Tue 08-Aug-17 07:18:24

Good morning everyone. Raining here too in Birmingham, but not cold. Hope everybody has a good day.

ffinnochio Tue 08-Aug-17 07:22:40

Good morning. It was a thunderous night, with lots of lovely rain. The air smells of fresh wet earth now. Perhaps the grass will begin to green again.

NanKate Tue 08-Aug-17 07:32:30

Morning Mick and All.

4th day of having the grandchildren staying. Absolutely exhausting. Four year old yesterday said 'Are you having as much fun as us grandad?' Says it all smile

Off to Bekonscot today lots of little trains whizzing around an enormous garden. Taking our macs.

Tippy22 Tue 08-Aug-17 07:51:41

Very overcast and grey here too in East Sussex and rain is forecast. Catching up with housework today. Enjoy your day everyone.

Marydoll Tue 08-Aug-17 08:11:46

Good morning all.
At last the sun is shining here in Renfrewshire.
Exhausted after looking after unwell DGG yesterday. No lie in this morning.
Hypertension clinic and hairdressers and out tonight. No rest for the wicked.grin
Have a good day everyone.

harrigran Tue 08-Aug-17 08:26:45

Good morning, overcast but not raining yet.
Hairdresser coming at ten so need to get going but had a bad night after appointment at hospital yesterday evening. The ultrasound scan was performed with me sitting on a stool at the side of the doctor who rotated my shoulder in all directions. I took painkillers at bedtime but they didn't really help.
Lunch out today might distract me.

MawBroon Tue 08-Aug-17 08:32:30

Chucking it down in this corner of N Bucks too ☔️☔️ in fact the rain woke me around 6 sad
I remember taking the children to Bekinscot about 30 years ago when we first moved here from London - it chucked it down that day too. I remember the girls' bright yellow cagoule (do they still call them that?)
Sympathies to all those who need to be outside - including Hattie who gave me dirty looks for ushering her out into the garden this morning.

NannyJan53 Tue 08-Aug-17 08:36:16

Good morning all, back from a lovely few days camping in Cheddar (weather was reasonable!) Great concert Saturday night at Glastonbury Abbey. Brian Wilsons 'Pet Sounds', really created the Beach Boys sound very well.

Today is raining, but I am off later today with daughter and family, as they are going to choose a Labrador puppy!

Have a lovely day everyone.

Blinko Tue 08-Aug-17 08:37:10

Yep, rainy in Wolves. Hope it improves as I'm out to lunch with a couple of friends in Birmingham later smile.

NannyJan53 Tue 08-Aug-17 08:40:23

Blinko..I grew up in Wolves, Mum still lives there! I am only 10 miles from there now.

12Michael Tue 08-Aug-17 09:44:07

Wolves brings back memories to me late 60`s saw Stevie Wonder at the Gaumont , and used to go to Catacombs just off Dudley street disco wise plus the Lafayette, seeing John Peel knock on door there ,and spoke to Howlin Wolf prior to him playing there when in RAF at Stafford.
Mick

Blinko Tue 08-Aug-17 10:10:59

Hi Mick and NannyJan53 good to know some folks have fond memories of Wolves. NJ hope we can meet up in Birmingham next time. Mick, I'm guessing you're further away nowadays.

NannyJan53 Tue 08-Aug-17 11:21:49

12Michael I used to go to the Gaumont regularly. Lafayette was the 'In' place in the 70's.

Blinko I hope to be able to attend the next Birmingham meet up, depending on date as we are away late Sept/early Oct.