Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(18 Posts)
NfkDumpling Wed 09-Aug-17 14:00:48

Afternoon All

DGD who I collected from home at 7.30 this morning is pacing the house like a hyperactive bored tiger. Can't pin her down to anything. It can stop raining now!

12Michael Wed 09-Aug-17 11:13:35

NannyJan, as your from Stourbridge , I have a Facebook friend who I know , he is one of the drivers on the shuttle from the Junction station to the town, he's tall name Phil Tonks.
Mick

NannyJan53 Wed 09-Aug-17 10:13:39

Good morning all. Rainy and dull here in Stourbridge...again!

Nothing planned today, will go to the gym later, and potter around the house.

Have a good day everyone,

Anniebach Wed 09-Aug-17 08:59:52

Good morning all

harrigran Wed 09-Aug-17 08:59:24

Good morning, dry but overcast and windy (very).
I am still in dreadful pain from my shoulder and the pushing and pulling it suffered the other night.
Did not manage lunch out yesterday, neither of us felt like going out in the rain.

Tippy22 Wed 09-Aug-17 08:50:50

Lovely blue sky here in East Sussex. The rain forecast for yesterday appeared at the back of the house for 5 minutes but nothing at the front. Enjoy your day everyone.

cornergran Wed 09-Aug-17 07:59:18

Morning All. Really dark and damp in our corner of Somerset. Looks more like November out there. Our poor garden is struggling, wind and rain battered. Catch up day for us today. Thinking about paw in that tunnel maw, wishing you both well. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

Pittcity Wed 09-Aug-17 07:56:20

Good morning from sunny Vienna where it will reach 30 degrees this afternoon. Not missing the rain at all and glad our garden is getting a watering.

ninathenana Wed 09-Aug-17 07:47:27

Morning everyone.
Blue sky with fluffy clouds in Kent. We are forecast another storm later today. H is frustrated as he is missing out on his gardening jobs with all this rain. It's not the money, he just loves it.

ffinnochio Wed 09-Aug-17 07:46:40

Good morning. Cool and damp, with patches of blue above.

Nana3 Wed 09-Aug-17 07:43:23

Good morning all. There are patches of blue in the Lancashire sky this morning and a better forecast, the WI garden party yesterday was a bit of a washout.
I also have 2 Dgds today Gg ages 4 and 6 though, they'll be (trying) to tell me what to do wink
Have a good day everyone.

Greyduster Wed 09-Aug-17 07:36:42

Good morning, Michael, and all GNs. Another day of rain in South Yorkshire. Have a good day, folks.

Gagagran Wed 09-Aug-17 07:21:52

Morning everyone .

We have a silvery cloud layer here on the south coast. Not sure if that heralds a nice day (not forecast) or rain later. Whatever, it is very pretty right now.

I hope Paw gets under the wire today Maw and that he gets home from the tunnel to a big welcome from Hattie. Good luck!

We have our two eldest DGDs to ferry about today and how memories of being 15 and 16 come back, hearing their chat. Such lovely, loving girls. We are so blessed.

Happy days to all GNs sunshine

kittylester Wed 09-Aug-17 07:19:56

Morning all!

It is still pickling down in North Leicestershire and has done all night. One of the roads out of the village, romantically named Slash Lane, will be flooded so we will have lots of traffic whizzing up and down our road to avoid it. The joys of living in a valley.

MawBroon Wed 09-Aug-17 07:13:48

Dark, grey and wet here in N Bucks.
However hope Paw will be tunnelling his way under the wire.....

Tea and cake Wed 09-Aug-17 07:09:31

Good morning to everyone

Grey, dark, drizzling, slightly windy in Birmingham. Typical British summer weather but I'm not complaining, I hated the intense heat and humidity last month. Hope everybody has a good day.

Marydoll Wed 09-Aug-17 07:04:59

Good morning Mick and all GNs.
Sunshine here in Renfrewshire, that makes a change.

DGG today and dentist for DH, so we will be out and about and then afternoon in the garden.
Have a good day everyone.

12Michael Wed 09-Aug-17 06:47:34

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking like we are going get a wet and miserable day here in Brackley this morning.
Mick