Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(16 Posts)
Mapleleaf Thu 17-Aug-17 09:11:49

Morning all,
Well the rain has stopped here in South Yorks and we are supposed to have a fine day. There is a touch of blue sky, but we'll see!
Enjoy your day ?

ninathenana Thu 17-Aug-17 08:38:49

Morning everyone.
H and I both had a rough night confused he's gone back to bed after being downstairs since about 3 am.
Rain in Kent, hope it dosen't get too bad, I've got 30 min drive to meet a friend for coffee.

Anniebach Thu 17-Aug-17 08:35:32

Good morning all

harrigran Thu 17-Aug-17 08:30:46

Good morning, another dry start to the day. We have been lucky and most of the showers have missed us tnis week.
Had a message from GD saying they had a big, long thunderstorm on their holiday. Ha, price you pay for jetting off to foreign climes grin

Gagagran Thu 17-Aug-17 08:10:01

Morning all!

Grey cloud and warm drizzle here on the south coast -feels tropical. My least favourite conditions.

We've done the supermarket run and will see what the day brings. Quite often of late, days I had envisaged as quiet ones turn out to be anything but!

ffinnochio Thu 17-Aug-17 08:09:37

Good morning. It's been misty, but now clearing to a fine, mild day.

NannyJan53 Thu 17-Aug-17 07:54:37

Good Morning everyone! Woke up at 6.30 am to rain!

Just over 2 months since I retired, and still wake to the joys of not having to rush out at 7.20am smile.

Going with DD, SIL & DGD's today to visit the Golden Labrador Puppy they will be collecting at the end of August. The girls are v. excited !

Have a good day one and all.

whitewave Thu 17-Aug-17 07:50:04

Good morning everyone.

Rain!!

Meeting a friend for lunch

Not sure about supper

Enjoy your day all

Tippy22 Thu 17-Aug-17 07:45:33

Oh forgot to say grey and drizzly here in East Sussex. OH says it will be sunny by 9. We'll see.

Tippy22 Thu 17-Aug-17 07:39:08

Early start this morning. On the train for emergency childminding after desperate call from DD last night. Enjoy your day everyone

NotAGran55 Thu 17-Aug-17 07:25:11

Good morning from a spa break in Somerset smile

Good luck to all the A level students today - there was a thread but I can't find it ...

JaneD3 Thu 17-Aug-17 07:16:47

Morning! Babysitting starts early here in Suffolk. DS off to work at any moment and DiL due home 9ish ready for bed. Yesterday I took 2 toddlers to the zoo for a whole day! Bring on the ibuprofen grin

kittylester Thu 17-Aug-17 07:04:12

Morning all from North Leicestershire!

We had rain overnight and we've still got it!! Sainsbury's this morning and then brewcupcake with a lovely gransnetter

Enjoy your Thursdays everyone!

Greyduster Thu 17-Aug-17 06:43:56

Good morning, Michael and corner. My goodness we are early this morning! Even DH is awake! A wet start here too, Mick and improvement not hopeful. I often thank the Lord for my microwave, too, corner! My GS was supposed to be "camping" in his friend's garden last night - I bet that didn't last long! Ironing, shopping and loafing about this morning. Have a good day, folks!

cornergran Thu 17-Aug-17 06:36:53

Morning Mick. Morning All. Drizzly in our corner of Somerset, supposed to have sunshine later. Woke early in a panic remembering I hadn't taken lunch from the freezer. Thank goodness for a microwave smile. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

12Michael Thu 17-Aug-17 06:33:37

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a wet start here in Brackley this morning, clould be a mixed day.
Mick