Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(17 Posts)
Pittcity Fri 18-Aug-17 11:29:55

Good morning (it is still morning!) from sunny Colchester.
Just got home from picking DS up from Gatwick after spending yesterday at Legoland with DGSs.
We are all exhausted and our afternoon naps start now!

Mapleleaf Fri 18-Aug-17 09:37:16

Good morning, everyone.
A lovely sunny morning so far, with a light breeze. Yesterday became really warm. DH and I tackled the garden - I think the grass had grown about 6 inches whilst we were away. It was pretty hard going, anyway, as it was quite wet from all the rain. Done now and looks so much better ?
Hope you have a nice time with your sister's visit Mick. Enjoy the bird fair Nfk. I hope you don't need the brolly.
Welcome, altbridge99. I'm sure you will enjoy being part of GN.
Enjoy your plans for Friday, everyone. ?

Smithy Fri 18-Aug-17 09:17:16

Good morning to all. Well we had summer yesterday in the NE - it was quite hot! I went out without a coat. Today started off nice but showers forecast. Quiet ish day but grandson coming this evening. Have as good a day as possible.

altbridge99 Fri 18-Aug-17 09:07:31

Morning All! New to GN but Glasgow dull and raining. Don't mind during the week as working, but hopefully the weekend will be better!

Anniebach Fri 18-Aug-17 08:56:45

Good morning all

Tippy22 Fri 18-Aug-17 08:53:38

Greyish today but the forecast is good here in East Sussex. Hopefully a quieter day after looking after a poorly grandchild yesterday who is in the throes of potty training and had a very bad tummy (to put it delicately for this time of the morning). Enjoy your day everyone.

Gagagran Fri 18-Aug-17 07:45:59

Good Morning Mick and everyone.

It rained a bit in the night but the sun has got his hat on now and I think we may have another nice day here on the south coast.

I am in a "sorting out" mood so may get to some of the jobs I have been putting off. On the other hand ..............

Happy days all! sunshine

NfkDumpling Fri 18-Aug-17 07:45:45

Morning All

It was a lovely morning here in Rutland so I donned shorts for our visit to the bird fair - but there's a nasty black cloud rising up over the trees now. So I think I'll take my brolly.

whitewave Fri 18-Aug-17 07:42:55

Good morning all

Cloud and blue skies this morning.

Enjoy your sisters visit Mick and your visitors kitty

Vegetable lasagna for supper.

ninathenana Fri 18-Aug-17 07:42:17

Morning all.
Thin cloud with the sun trying to poke through in Kent.
Food shop with H this morning. Fortunately he behaves him self in supermarkets grin and we always have a coffee whilst out.

harrigran Fri 18-Aug-17 07:40:17

Good morning, cooler this morning and windy.
Had lunch in the countryside yesterday and then sat in the garden to read on our return home, very relaxing.

ffinnochio Fri 18-Aug-17 07:21:18

Good morning. Overcast and still. Mild and gentle weather.

Marydoll Fri 18-Aug-17 07:09:57

Morning too, Greyduster.
I am so slow in the morning, stiff fingers.

Marydoll Fri 18-Aug-17 07:08:53

Good morning Mick and Kitty.

Raining all night and still raining here in Renfrewshire. sad
Off to Edinburgh for the day with DD. We do this once a year in August when the festival is on. Lunch, shopping and today a visit to the National Museum of Scotland to see some of the exhibitions.
Enjoy your time with your sister Mick.

Greyduster Fri 18-Aug-17 07:07:02

Good morning Michael and all GNs. The sun has got his hat on in South Yorkshire. We are off for a walk today. Enjoy your sister's visit, Mick, and have fun with the GC, Kitty!

kittylester Fri 18-Aug-17 06:51:52

Morning Mick, morning all!

The report is similar in North Leicestershire. Bright but cloudy.

We have Bertie and Persie today. Good fun but flipping exhausting!

Enjoy your sister's visit Mick.

Enjoy your Fridays everyone! sunshine

12Michael Fri 18-Aug-17 06:40:12

Good Morning Everyone,
Its blue sky dry but cloudy this morning in Brackley , weekend ahead Sister down from Market Drayton.
Mick