Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(16 Posts)
Newquay Tue 22-Aug-17 09:01:26

Morning all you regulars. Grey and overcast here in Staffordshire. Was woken in night-grr-by carbon monoxide alarm beeping 3 times are regular intervals. Deaf DH didn't hear a thing! Tried two smoke alarms first, finally found it was alarm in kitchen, had to get safety step to reach it. Battery can't be removed so out it on kitchen table under a cushion and shut door. Did get back off to sleep-unusually as I'm a chronic insomniac.
Have 2 DGC today, last day before they go off on holiday tomorrow. Forecast dry at least.

Tippy22 Tue 22-Aug-17 08:30:16

Lovely bright blue sky here in East Sussex. Forecast for the next few days looks good so the beach beckons. Enjoy your day everyone.

Greyduster Tue 22-Aug-17 08:09:57

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. As Maple has said, it's grey grey grey here. Can barely see the fields for the murk this morning. A domestic day today, and then over to DD's this evening as DH is taking GS to a football match, then he is coming back with us for an overnight. Have a happy day, folks.

ninathenana Tue 22-Aug-17 08:09:35

Morning all.
Hazy sunshine at the moment in Kent but we are forecast 23-24c
Tescos and then coffee and people watching whilst I wait to go pick up H from gardening job

Pittcity Tue 22-Aug-17 07:57:55

Good morning from an overcast Colchester. Summer weather forecast but no sign yet. It's not cold though.
Housework and shopping today.

cornergran Tue 22-Aug-17 07:55:50

Morning All. Bright and sunny in our corner of Somerset, although the weather forecast says it isn't hmm. Not complaining though. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

Imperfect27 Tue 22-Aug-17 07:48:57

Good morning from sunny Kent. Struggling to want to get back to any sort of routine after a 2 week holiday. Lovely time away and then back home with DH, but a lot of busy times so glad to be quiet again. I told myself I would give myself one 'lazy' day yesterday, but it was so nice I can sense the 'slide' coming on again today grin. May be saved by the need to buy some milk and make a pudding to take with us when we visit family for a meal this evening (maybe) blush

Mapleleaf Tue 22-Aug-17 07:43:17

Morning Mick, morning everyone.
It's the same here in South Yorks, Mick, grey and misty, with an autumnal look, but not cold. Set to be fairly grey all day according to the forecast.

mumofmadboys Tue 22-Aug-17 07:31:03

Dull and overcast here in the Lakes. Due to go cycling with U3A group so hope weather picks up. Should feel a bit fitter after 22 miles! Or shattered!

Gagagran Tue 22-Aug-17 07:19:14

Morning all!

We had overnight rain again here on the south coast but it is dry and overcast now. The forecast is for it to brighten up late morning onwards so I might risk doing the laundry, and hanging out the accumulating washing. Where does it all come from?

Happy days to all GNs sunshine!

Nana3 Tue 22-Aug-17 07:18:54

Good morning from Hull, I am having a site seeing day in the city today. I haven't looked out yet but hopefully it will be fine.
Have a good day everyone.

NannyJan53 Tue 22-Aug-17 07:05:55

Good Morning Mick and everyone.

Yes, very autumnal here this morning. Off to meet friends for lunch today, and a bit of retail therapy as I still have 'Love to Shop' vouchers from when I retired from work at the end of May. smile

Enjoy your day all !

kittylester Tue 22-Aug-17 06:48:24

Morning Mick, morning all!

It's pretty much the same in North Leicestershire too.

We are going to see 'captain Underpants' again! One of the huge benefits of having lots of young grandchildren is being allowed to watch the same films over and over again - and paying for the privilege!! grin

ffinnochio Tue 22-Aug-17 06:47:24

Good morning. Very sunny and warm already. The shutters will be 'à point' by midday, keeping the old stone house cool. The forecast is for 34 by the afternoon. Scorching!

NanKate Tue 22-Aug-17 06:46:57

Morning Mick and All,

Yes misty here too in the Thames Valley.

Off to Salisbury with the WI on our annual day out. I think we will visit the Cathedral, museum and I think there is an NT house all within walking distance. It is my first visit there.

We will definitely have morning coffee, lunch and a cuppa smile

12Michael Tue 22-Aug-17 06:27:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey and muggy with mist and seems more like a Autumn day than an August day here in Brackley this morning.
Mick