Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning WEdnesday

(19 Posts)
12Michael Wed 23-Aug-17 06:22:31

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry its grey but warm outside this morning in Brackley , Hospital later outpatients eyes , visual field and check over as I have glaucoma.
Mick

Marydoll Wed 23-Aug-17 07:03:48

Good morning Mick

Thunder, lightening and torrential rain during the night here in Renfrewshire.
I hope all goes well at eye clinic.
Have a good day all.

Imperfect27 Wed 23-Aug-17 07:03:52

Good morning. I hope your hospital appointment is straightforward and you are not kept waiting an age Mick.

Looking forward to a sun-shiny day - DS2's birthday and that always brings a smile.

ffinnochio Wed 23-Aug-17 07:14:32

Good morning. Pale grey sky, humid and still. Another warm day ahead.

All the best Mick

ninathenana Wed 23-Aug-17 07:20:54

Morning all.

Blue sky in Kent. We had a couple of flashes and rumbles late evening but no rain. Today is supposed to be warm but at the moment we have a strong chilly breeze.
No plans for the day.

Gagagran Wed 23-Aug-17 07:33:55

Morning all! Hope all goes well at the eye clinic today Mick.

It's a uniform grey sky here on the south coast but still feels muggy. I feels sorry for anyone having their holidays when it's like this. A friend has gone with all her family of DC and DGC to a big house in Devon and was so looking forward to some sunny days.

The window cleaner is coming this morning and I have to face the ironing, then it's choir tonight. DH is out with his bike club all day. I might make him a cake.

Happy days to all GNs sunshine!

Tea and cake Wed 23-Aug-17 07:36:18

Good morning everyone.

Very humid, overcast, damp here in West Midlands. Meeting a friend for lunch which is always enjoyable. Have a good day everybody.

mumofmadboys Wed 23-Aug-17 07:40:38

Raining in Cumbria! Home based day today. Must do some housework! May go and pick some blackberries.

Luckygirl Wed 23-Aug-17 07:44:57

Grey, grey, grey! Come on summer, you can do it!

Will be interviewing school candidates most of day, then I relay really want to do some gardening and mow the lawn, but it is all so wet.

NfkDumpling Wed 23-Aug-17 07:48:20

Morning All

A sultry rather misty, moisty morning in Norfolk with the sun burning through. Looks like it rained a bit last night but I slept very well after a day out chugging the Broads with friends yesterday. A lovely day despite the lack of the promised sun. Looks like they've got the forecast right for today though. Staying in to wait for the delivery of my new camera so pottering in the garden for us today.

Hope all goes well for you today Mick.

kittylester Wed 23-Aug-17 08:05:41

Morning all!

It's also grey and overcast in North Leicestershire. Not sure what's happening today.

Enjoy your days everyone.

Greyduster Wed 23-Aug-17 08:13:13

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Misty and grey in South Yorkshire, with at least some rain in prospect. We have GS here today - he's not awake yet! I looked in and couldn't see him, but he is huddled in a heap in the bottom corner of the bed! We will see how the day develops. Hope the eye test goes well, Mick.

aggie Wed 23-Aug-17 08:18:56

Good morning all , bright blue sky here , not been out so no idea if it is warm or cold , first wash whirling away so hope to get it out smile

Pittcity Wed 23-Aug-17 08:23:01

Good morning from an overcast Colchester. Warm and humid.
Ladies coffee morning today. Ages since I've been so lots of catching up to do.

harrigran Wed 23-Aug-17 08:35:30

Good morning, overcast here and it has been raining. GD and I had a lovely day yesterday, she did a lot of artwork and we played good old fashioned board games.
After dinner and bath we snuggled under a fleece blanket and watched Moana while eating ice cream.
Landscape gardener coming today to discuss changing grass and driveway.

Mapleleaf Wed 23-Aug-17 08:42:49

Good morning everyone,
It's grey and humid here as Greyduster says and it looks as if there will be rain. Supposed to be having a shed delivered and put up this morning - they were meant to do it last Wednesday and we waited all morning to be told that the wrong date had been put on the computer!! (Mm...) I'll not be a happy bunny if they don't come today.
Hope all goes well at the eye clinic, Mck.

Newquay Wed 23-Aug-17 08:49:54

Morning all from an overcast but warm Staffordshire. Meeting up at some gardens about 1/2 hr away for a walk and talk. Just received photos of DD1, hubby and our lovely 4elsdest DGC on plane heading for Majorca. We should have been with them but DH not been well enough?
Hope all goes well at clinic Mick

Anniebach Wed 23-Aug-17 09:08:12

Good morning all

Nelliemoser Wed 23-Aug-17 10:16:54

Good Morning all very cloudy and damp in Cheshire but not cold .
Ah the delights of the eye clinic. All of the women on my mothers side have had this mine is not acute yet but the signs are there on the retinal imaging .