Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(19 Posts)
Sar53 Thu 24-Aug-17 09:48:36

Good morning all from a very sunny Essex on Sea. Ironing done, off for doctors appointment shortly and blood tests at lunchtime. What an exciting life I lead. Hope everyone has a good Thursday.

Pittcity Thu 24-Aug-17 09:33:14

Good morning from sunny Colchester.
DS has just gone to pick up his GCSE results. His Dad is pacing the floor. We've been here before and it doesn't get any easier!

Anniebach Thu 24-Aug-17 08:52:13

Good morning all

Imperfect27 Thu 24-Aug-17 08:34:12

Good morning.

Glad news was good yesterday Mick.

My DD1 is a secondary school teacher so I am waiting to hear how results went for her .

Gagagran Thu 24-Aug-17 08:04:25

Morning all! Pleased for you Mick

Bit late this morning as we have been and done the supermarket run. Very quiet there and on the roads even though the Bank Holiday weekend is comng up which usually sees people stocking up for a siege.

A pottering day for me and need to tidy my patio pots - looking a bit straggly again.

Happy days to all GNs sunshine

Greyduster Thu 24-Aug-17 08:03:44

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A bright sunny start in South Yorkshire. A quiet day after yesterday, I think. Glad to hear eye appointments went well, Mick and NanKate. Ffin that happened to us not long after we got married ? - DH was tipped onto the floor! A rude awakening. Have a good day, folks!

whitewave Thu 24-Aug-17 08:02:22

Morning all

High cloud and windless.

Hair appointment this afternoon. Must pick all the tomatoes and raspberries this morning. Will freeze them as no time to deal with them at the moment.
Loads of hops this year which I think are pretty.
Vegetarian lasagne and salad for supper as enough left from yesterday.

Enjoy your day one and all

Nana3 Thu 24-Aug-17 08:00:08

Good morning. Very pleased that Mick and NanKate had good news, I had a health scare this week too but had a phone call yesterday to say all is well. Such a relief.
The sun is trying to come out in Lancashire and it's not cold. I will be visiting Mum today.
Have a good day everyone and enjoy those DGC.

harrigran Thu 24-Aug-17 07:53:30

Good morning, sunny this morning which is an improvement on yesterday.
Need to get GD2's bedroom ready, this evening we take GD1 home and collect the next one for a sleepover. Somewhere in between we will need to restock the fridge.

cornergran Thu 24-Aug-17 07:41:20

Morning All. Cloudy start in our corner of Somerset. Good news Mick, positive outcome. We have also have grandchildren to mind today, no idea what we will do, see if it brightens up. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

NannyJan53 Thu 24-Aug-17 07:27:20

Good news Mick and good morning everyone.

Bright start to the day here in West Mids. I am off for a makeover today with a friend....I think they may have a job on their hands smile

Have a lovely day all.

Marydoll Thu 24-Aug-17 07:25:55

Good morning all.
Glad you are appointment went well Mick and Nan Kate.
Rain coming down in buckets today and a looking after GDD day. Hope it dries up, so that we can get out and about.

She was very sick all over me yesterday, I hope she is feeling better today.
Enjoy your day everyone.

ninathenana Thu 24-Aug-17 07:16:45

Morning everyone.
A bright start in Kent it's eirily still and quiet here, quiet odd.
Going to visit D today, she is workibg but we will have a pootle around the quaint town and meet her this evening.
Pleased for you Mick

Tea and cake Thu 24-Aug-17 07:15:05

Good morning all early risers and good about your eyes Mick. Sunny here. Some of the trees changing colour slightly already, one oak is very yellow. Must remember bank holiday Monday...end of summer. What a cheerful post! However, cup of tea in hand, life looking ok at the moment in Birmingham.

NanKate Thu 24-Aug-17 07:06:52

Morning Mick Kitty Nfk and All that follow.

Haven't opened the curtains yet but I can see the sun peeping through.

So pleased Mick you have good news regarding your eyes, I always get nervous when having the eye pressure test. It was good news for me too.

Off for a few days to our DS's home whilst they are away, for a little holiday and DIY jobs !

ffinnochio Thu 24-Aug-17 07:02:10

Good morning. A coffee-stained kinda start to the day.

The bed broke this morning while I was drinking coffee. One corner just collapsed. A bed mending day lies ahead.

It's warm and sunny. Great for drying bed linen.

Pleased for you Mick

kittylester Thu 24-Aug-17 06:55:40

Good morning Mick, nfk, all.

Good news about your eyes Mick.

It's bright but drippy again in North Leicestershire.

Off to Sainsbury's this morning with one or two dgds in tow! I pre-prepared all the meals but we need bread, butter, cereal, fruit, milk etc -
don't they eat a lot!! Wish me luck. grin

Enjoy your Thursdays everyone.sunshine

NfkDumpling Thu 24-Aug-17 06:45:15

That's really good news Mick

Morning All

A warm sunny start here in Norfolk. Stirring myself to get out early to pick up DGD and DGDog. Planning a trip to Sea Palling for a paddle in the sea and sand castles.

12Michael Thu 24-Aug-17 06:24:30

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but also grey cloud , that autumn feeling with the air being a bit chilly.
Yesterdays , Hospital OK despite small delay in waiting room, come back in 12 months was my good news.
Mick