Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(16 Posts)
12Michael Fri 25-Aug-17 06:40:43

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a clear blue sky over Brackley this morning dry, usual shopping this morning , then afternoon watching cycling on TV Veulta .
Mick

Tea and cake Fri 25-Aug-17 07:20:38

Good morning all. Sunny here but some low lying mist over the park. Another day of unsettled weather for the Midlands I think.

Nana3 Fri 25-Aug-17 07:31:03

Good morning, the sun is shining in Lancashire. I am getting ready to spend the day with Mum, she is very poorly.
Wishing everyone a good day.

Greyduster Fri 25-Aug-17 07:44:48

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is out in South Yorkshire. Which is a disappointment because I was contemplating a fishing day today and I wanted it to be overcast. Maybe the afternoon will be different. Nana3 sorry to hear about your Mum. I hope your visit gives you both some comfort. Have a goodnight day folks.

Gagagran Fri 25-Aug-17 07:55:21

Morning all!

It's a lovely morning here on the south coast and the forecast is good for the next week. Hurrah! Family are all going to various festivals so hopefully will not need their wellies for the mud.

Hope all GNs have a happy day. sunshine

NannyJan53 Fri 25-Aug-17 08:00:51

Good Morning Michael and everyone.

Bright start here, so fingers crossed it's dry tonight as we are going to an open air production of Twelfth Night.

I am off to hairdressers this morning then over to Mums for the day! I retired end of May, so may pop in to see my ex-Manager as she lives near Mum.

So sorry to hear about your Mum Nana3.

Wishing you all a good Friday.

harrigran Fri 25-Aug-17 08:12:34

Good morning, dull this morning with forecast of rain.
Swapped GC over last night and now have the youngest, she is a pleasant little soul and won't be any trouble but after a whole week of childcare I am tired.

Pittcity Fri 25-Aug-17 08:17:16

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Quiet Bank Holiday weekend planned. A bit of shopping and pottering in the garden today.

Tippy22 Fri 25-Aug-17 08:24:07

Very grey and chilly here in East Sussex. Autumn definitely has arrived early. Pottering day today but must pop out and buy an anniversary card. Enjoy your day everyone.

NannyJan53 Fri 25-Aug-17 08:27:14

Pittcity I lived near Colchester in the 70's....a little place called Thorrington....my son was born at Clacton Hospital. Came back to Midlands in 1976, never visited since. I have fond memories of that area!

kittylester Fri 25-Aug-17 08:29:49

Morning All!

It's bright and drippy yet again in North Leicestershire but looks set fair. We are meeting DH's brother and sil (and dog!) as well as two of our daughters and 6 dgc today. Steer clear of Clumber Park if you value your sanity!

Nana3, sorry to hear about your mum. It's a really difficult time.flowers

Where are you, nanajan?

Enjoy your days everyone.

ffinnochio Fri 25-Aug-17 08:32:05

Good morning. You'd do well for a fishing day here Greyduster - it's overcast and fresh.

A comfortable night on mended bed, so no early morning surprises.

TerriBull Fri 25-Aug-17 08:40:13

Good morning from the edge of London it's a lovely morning. Have a houseful of friends for the long week-end, I've been busy baking and cooking. Men are off to golf and my friend and I will go shopping and then have a lazy drink by the river.

Smithy Fri 25-Aug-17 09:30:51

Good morning all. Its quite a bright morning in the NE, hopes its as nice as yesterday. Was out all day with fruends and had no rain.
Another friend coming today and we're going out for lunch (she had a Groupon so nice and cheap!) Sorry about your mum Nana3 I can remember how hard it can be.
Hope your days are as good as possible GNs.

Anniebach Fri 25-Aug-17 10:23:34

Good morning all. Sorry I am late but didn't want to miss greeting you

Mapleleaf Fri 25-Aug-17 11:52:39

Good morning, all.
It's a lovely, warm day here today and the forecast for the weekend isn't too bad, but I think today is going to be the best.
Have a good day.