Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Sunday

(14 Posts)
Pittcity Sun 27-Aug-17 10:01:02

Bit late this morning in Colchester. Went to sit in the garden with a cuppa and GN first thing and noticed a couple of weeds. One thing led to another and it's now 10 and my tea was cold.
Now in the sun with a fresh brew and the garden looking tidy.

Imperfect27 Sun 27-Aug-17 09:23:23

Morning all. Kent ground fog now lifting a bit. Lazy day in prospect and maybe a village fete this afternoon. Hurrah!

Mapleleaf Sun 27-Aug-17 08:58:00

Good morning from a sunny South Yorkshire.
It was a lovely day yesterday and looks set to be the same again today.
A few jobs in the garden today, but mostly a lazy day, I think. ?

kittylester Sun 27-Aug-17 08:26:04

Morning all from North Leicestershire where it is a lovely bright and warm start.

Last day with Dd and family. Planning a cold salady lunch and not much else.

Nfk - shut up! grin

Nana3, I hope your mum is a bit better today.

FloNightingale Sun 27-Aug-17 08:13:00

Good morning all from a very misty Kent hoping it s sea mist as the forecast is for sun and high temperatures today. Gardening later I think but first I'm going to change the oil in my carhmm

Greyduster Sun 27-Aug-17 08:08:04

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Going to be a lovely day in South Yorkshire. We must have had a power cut in the night - my clock said twenty past five when it was actually twenty to eight! Gardening for us today, and roast pork for two! Have a happy day folks.

Gagagran Sun 27-Aug-17 07:52:05

Morning all!

Another glorious day here on the south coast. Soggy August is redeeming itself at last!

Nothing much planned for today, so I am just going to enjoy the lovely weather and being with my DH.

Hope there are happy days for all GNs sunshine

Nana3 Sun 27-Aug-17 07:48:53

Good morning. Cloudy but fine in Lancashire, yesterday turned out lovely. I had an evening walk with 2 DGC, felt so revived by it and them.
Mum is not eating and still in bed but she is drinking now so she may come out of this, I'll be with her a lot of today.
Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

harrigran Sun 27-Aug-17 07:44:19

Good morning, it is dry but still overcast at present. Taking the whole family out for lunch as DD is in the UK for the weekend.
Yesterday was quite pleasant and I was able to sit in the garden and read the newspaper.

ninathenana Sun 27-Aug-17 07:28:32

Morning all.
Overcast in Kent and according to my phone we have ground fog confused
A lazy day for me, with lots of sitting in the garden if it's as nice as yesterday.
Have a good day everyone.

NfkDumpling Sun 27-Aug-17 07:02:56

Morning All

A wonderful summers morning here in Norfolk, but the leaves are beginning to be tinged with brown, I haven't seen a swift for several days and the swallows are congregating to fly south.

Making plum jam this morning (plus housework) and hope to go blackberry picking later. Ho hum. Soon be C......!

ffinnochio Sun 27-Aug-17 06:35:06

Good morning. The coolest part of the day, and the sky is slowly turning pale blue. Calm. Lots of coo-cooing from the pigeons.
Yoga, breakfast, walk and then see what the day brings, and what I give to it.

cornergran Sun 27-Aug-17 06:29:57

Morning Mick, Morning All. Lovely start in our corner of Somerset. irs feeling like Summer for a few days. Hooray ?Hope Sunday is kind to everyone.

12Michael Sun 27-Aug-17 06:21:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dusk but looks like its going to be a nice day here in Brackley this morning.
Mick