Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Sunday

(16 Posts)
12Michael Sun 03-Sep-17 06:30:49

Good Morning Everyone,
its dull and grey here in Brackley this morning, forecast changeable.
Mick

NfkDumpling Sun 03-Sep-17 07:08:14

Morning Mick, morning All

A lovely sunny autumn morning again in Norfolk - but the sunrise was quite red. Hopefully the rain will hold off until late this afternoon as we're taking some friends out sailing.

At present I'm sitting here typing and trying not to smudge the top coat on my nail varnish which is refusing to dry. It is a bit gloopy - I fear it's too old, and I'll have to start again. My nails are so brittle they need some protection to last the day.

Imperfect27 Sun 03-Sep-17 07:14:49

Good morning all from still sunny Kent - looks like we will stay sunny - along with Norfolk - today.

Definite feel of autumn arriving - darker mornings and the evenings drawing in. I think it was quite a good summer really - just a shame that the rain arrived when the schools broke up.

harrigran Sun 03-Sep-17 07:23:06

Good morning, dry but not sunny and the rain is definitely on the way as I have seen it on the radar.
Nothing planned for today, DH says he is going to do the washing and ironing as this is the first day to ourselves.

Greyduster Sun 03-Sep-17 07:29:53

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is making a bid for the day in South Yorkshire but we will have rain later I think. Not until after midday I hope as it is junior footie this morning. First game of the new season. DD is giving us lunch today. ?? Have a happy day, folks.

Greyduster Sun 03-Sep-17 07:33:15

Henetha I hope your finger cut feels better today.

aggie Sun 03-Sep-17 07:44:57

Good Morning all , blowing a gale here , dark and wet sad

Pittcity Sun 03-Sep-17 07:51:03

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Another warm dry day forecast. A quiet Sunday here with a pile of ironing to tackle after a constitutional.

ninathenana Sun 03-Sep-17 08:02:42

Morning everyone.
The sun is trying to come out in my part of Kent the temperatures are still quiet good here 20c yesterday which was lovely for our day at the fair.

kittylester Sun 03-Sep-17 08:05:26

Morning all.

It's a bright warmish start in North Leicestershire and I don't think rain is due here till much later.

We had two eldest grandchildren here last night. DH and dgs watched the T20 finals day on TV and Seb was thrilled that Notts Outlaws won - so was Pa. grin Hattie coloured and chatted and chatted and chatted.shock

When they get home today there will be a new puppy waiting to surprise them.. It's a black lab and will bring back memories of my first dog - a black lab called Tessie!

Have a lovely day everyone! sunshine

ffinnochio Sun 03-Sep-17 08:08:39

Good morning. Snap Mick!

Gagagran Sun 03-Sep-17 08:20:49

Morning all! It looks set fair for another nice day here on the south coast.

DH is off to Portsmouth for the football match this afternoon against Rotherham and it's on TV apparently. Don't think I will be watching though!

I have nothing much on my agenda for today. The day will bring its own no doubt.

Hope for happy days for all GNs sunshine

cornergran Sun 03-Sep-17 08:37:55

Morning All. Very, very wet in our corner of Somerset. Wish there was a sigh emoticon. Not much planned today so just wait and see. Hope Sunday is kind to everyone.

Nana3 Sun 03-Sep-17 08:46:13

Good morning, it was a sleepless night for me, there was a lovely sunrise.
I will do very little and go and sit at Mums bedside later.
Have a good day everyone.

Norfolkboy Sun 03-Sep-17 08:56:04

Good morning joined site yesterday

Imperfect27 Sun 03-Sep-17 08:59:16

Welcome Norfolkboy. I hope you enjoy all that GN has to offer. smile