Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Monday

(18 Posts)
12Michael Mon 04-Sep-17 06:43:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey and wet here in Brackley this morning, I have even put the heating on low, very autumnally weather.
Mick

Imperfect27 Mon 04-Sep-17 06:51:48

Good morning from N. Kent. Dull and overcast here. Looking forward to a good friend visiting today, but not quite at the 'get going' stage yet. smile I will need to get out and about though - looks a bit dull and rainy out there!

kittylester Mon 04-Sep-17 06:59:38

Morning Mick, imperfect, all!

It is very autumnal and wet in North Leicestershire though we haven't resorted to putting the heating on yet.

Enjoy your Mondays everyone.

ninathenana Mon 04-Sep-17 07:02:21

Good morning Mick, Imperfect and everyone.

Damp after over night rain in Kent. I have nothing planned, just a bit of cleaning and pottering.
Have a good day all.

ninathenana Mon 04-Sep-17 07:02:48

Morning kitty

Greyduster Mon 04-Sep-17 07:19:51

Good morning, Michael and all. Dull and damp in South Yorkshire. My back went out again yesterday, we have GS today, and I feel pretty awful. The boy is no trouble, but Grandad will have to do the business today I'm afraid. Four days before we go on holiday - couldn't have come at a worse time. Have a good day, folks.

NannyJan53 Mon 04-Sep-17 07:25:39

Good morning everyone. Have been up since 6am (made other half a cuppa to send him on his way to work!) Decided its not worth going back to bed.

Very autumnal here in the Black Country, at least we have a holiday in Spain to look forward to towards the end of the month!

I am off to the gym later, then over to visit Mum who is making lunch for her sister and myself.

Have a good day all.

Nana3 Mon 04-Sep-17 07:26:05

Good morning, grey skies in Lancashire. My back is extremely sore too, feel awful but trying to keep moving. Might not be able to visit Mum.
Best wishes everyone.

cornergran Mon 04-Sep-17 07:38:33

Morning All. A grey, Eeyore type beginning to the day but yesterday's rain has moved on. Oh dear, not a good morning for backs, my sympathy greyduster and nana3. We're childminding today so an active one ahead. Hope Monday is kind to everyone.

Gagagran Mon 04-Sep-17 08:10:38

Morning everyone from a south coast full of very damp autumnal mistiness. No chance of hanging out my washing unfortunately.

Thinking of soop and MacS. as they face losing Rory today. It is very sad.

Look after those painful backs Grey and Nana3. I use the stick on heat pads when mine goes and find them very good. Worth a try?

Happy days all! sunshine

Tippy22 Mon 04-Sep-17 08:14:02

Very grey and still raining here in East Sussex but it's still fairly mild so hopefully won't have to put the heating on just yet. Enjoy your day everyone.

MawBroon Mon 04-Sep-17 08:18:13

Grey autumnal morning in N Bucks, raining too, typical as Green Thumb are due.
Thinking of Soop and Mcsporran on a sad day for them.
Finally, looks as if Paw will NOT be coming home today.
Although yesterday's blood test showed he needs blood (his Hb is at a level which would normally automatically generate a 2 unit transfusion) the duty Dr was "not prepared to authorise" as it was not perceived as being at a "dangerous" level. I was told they will "monitor" (what exactly?) and review/transfuse today so likely to be Tuesday now.
That was why I tried to set things in motion on Friday.
To say I am p* sed off is an understatement but I do want him to be as well as possible so what is another 24 hours - I am trying to choose my battles.

Pittcity Mon 04-Sep-17 08:33:32

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Raining on and off but still warm, so no need for heating.
Much love to Soop, McS and Maw flowers

NfkDumpling Mon 04-Sep-17 08:39:23

Oh dear Mawbroon, I do hope your day improves. The shortsightedness of some people, especially in the NHS where the effects are so great, is astounding.

Morning All!

Little of the forecast rain got to us here in Norfolk but it is very grey and chilly. DH is still slumbering So I'm sat here snug in my dressing gown with a book. It's interesting but hard going so taking a break to catch up with you all.

My phone, which had given up all except texting, is now working perfectly after it heard me saying I would take it back to the shop! Makes you wonder....!

harrigran Mon 04-Sep-17 08:52:24

Good morning, overcast but still dry here. Hope to see more of today as yesterday I slept most of the day, felt so unwell that I could not function.
DIL does not need us for last two says of school holiday so we can take it easy.
Sending kind thoughts to soop and Maw .

Nelliemoser Mon 04-Sep-17 09:32:05

Good morning overcast and wet here in Cheshire. There was a suggestion on the weather forecast that it might brighten up.
What a good idea it was a short while ago to clean my glasses before I continued typing. My vision was being hampered .

Mapleleaf Mon 04-Sep-17 09:45:13

Good morning, all.
As Greyduster says, it's damp and grey in South Yorks, too.
Off to coffee group later, then supermarket but nothing else planned outside. Got some ironing waiting. ( Oh, joys)!
Hope your back is better for your holidays * Greyduster* and yours, too Nana3. Take care, both.

Miep1 Mon 04-Sep-17 10:24:51

After raining heavily her in South Devon yesterday, the sun has sort of come out this morning. Trouble is, I have to wait for the gas bloke to do the annual check, the housing people to fix a blown plug. Iceland to deliver and a book from Amazon I can't wait to read. So I am listening to the radio and reading.