Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(16 Posts)
Mapleleaf Tue 05-Sep-17 10:13:14

Morning everyone,
A wet, grey, dismal morning here in South Yorks as Greyduster says. It looks set for the day, I'm afraid, but it is supposed to brighten a bit by this afternoon. We'll see!
Glad your back is improving Greyduster, ready for your holiday.
Still humid. It was odd yesterday, as it was warm and humid outdoors but felt chilly indoors! ?

Pittcity Tue 05-Sep-17 08:32:16

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Dark, warm and humid, yuk!
Everyone out today so I can clean without hindrance then out shopping while the floors dry.

NfkDumpling Tue 05-Sep-17 08:28:34

Morning All

Grey and dismal here in Norfolk.

Off for a volunteering stint today, the last day of the school holidays so it may be rather busy.

Fingers crossed for Paw. And I'm glad you're upright again GDuster. Take it easy - no twisting!

cornergran Tue 05-Sep-17 08:01:13

Morning All from a very damp corner of Somerset. Coffee morning, batch cooking and major tidying today. Energy would be good hmm. Pleased the backs are on the mend. Everything crossed for paw today, hope the systems work and no last minute health worries to get in the way maw. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

loopyloo Tue 05-Sep-17 07:58:04

Morning everyone DH back to work today, a relief in one way but I miss him. Last day of DGC s holiday, I have them for the day as daughter back to work . Then school tomorrow. Yay!
Grey here.

Greyduster Tue 05-Sep-17 07:43:10

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is wet. It is grey. South Yorkshire where is the sun? After a horrendous couple of days, my back is on the mend - again. I can stand up. This is good. Small difficulties compared to some. Maw I hope Himself comes home today. Have a good day, all.

Imperfect27 Tue 05-Sep-17 07:39:00

Morning all.

A busy day ahead with a visit that includes six-month old twins - 1 boy and 1 girl. My DH has a twin sister. They were often asked if they were identical grin.

Gagagran Tue 05-Sep-17 07:31:30

Morning all!

The sky is overcast and I think we are promised some more rain later here on the south coast.

Hope Paw escapes from MK hospital today Maw and gets a nice welcome from Hattie.

Also thinking of soop and MacS as they watch over Rory.

I have a lot of odds and sods to do today so really must get going. My energy levels do not seem to match the "to do" list.

Wishing happy days for all GNs sunshine

ninathenana Tue 05-Sep-17 07:30:46

Morning all.
Grey in Kent too. I've not been outside so I don't know about the temperature.
Food shop after I've dropped H off then coffee out while I wait to pick him up again.
Fingers crossed paw is home today.

harrigran Tue 05-Sep-17 07:26:30

Good morning, dark and raining here and forecast is for it to remain all morning.
Youngest GC back to school today but eldest has another day at home.
Thinking of you Maw and hope all goes well.

JaneD3 Tue 05-Sep-17 07:19:52

Morning everyone - just the same down the road in Leicester Kitty. Good luck MawBroon. A visit to Mum and then I shall attempt the ascent of the ironing mountain!

kittylester Tue 05-Sep-17 06:57:33

Morning Nana3!

kittylester Tue 05-Sep-17 06:56:53

Morning Mick, morning Maw, morning all.

It's grey in North Leicestershire and we have rain in the forecast which is no surprise as I'm going to the hairdresser's this morning.

I hope you get Paw home, Maw.

Enjoy your Tuesdays everyone sunshine

Nana3 Tue 05-Sep-17 06:55:25

Good morning, it's raining in Lancashire. DGS starts high school today, OH taking him and I'm picking him up this afternoon. My back is a lot better this morning, still tender though but no rest for the wicked as the saying goes.
Have a good day everyone.

MawBroon Tue 05-Sep-17 06:50:36

Good morning Mick and everybody. Grey here in N Bucks too with a nip in the air.
Hoping Paw makes it home today - he went into hospital on 4 July! ??

12Michael Tue 05-Sep-17 06:33:57

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey but dry autumnal morning here in Brackley this morning.
Mick