Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(22 Posts)
12Michael Fri 08-Sep-17 09:56:25

This is a photo taken yesterday
Mick

Mapleleaf Fri 08-Sep-17 09:09:31

Morning, everyone.
Glad you had a good trip yesterday, Mick.
It's grey and wet here in South Yorks. Supposed to be showers, but to me it looks set in for the day. I'm glad I got the grass cut yesterday.
Have a good day, whatever your plans.

Sar53 Fri 08-Sep-17 09:01:28

Good morning everyone. Wet and grey here in Essex. OH has gone for his pre op assessment, he is having his replaced hip replaced next Wednesday. When he gets back we are off into town for coffee. Have a good day.

DanniRae Fri 08-Sep-17 08:45:03

Wet and grey here in South London. Food shopping this morning and chilling rest of day - I hope.

Have a good day Everyone xx

MawBroon Fri 08-Sep-17 08:39:23

Ouchy harrigran as if you don't have enough on your plate!
A sunny autumnal morning here in N Bucks. We seem to have had some rain in the night too.

JaneD3 Fri 08-Sep-17 08:37:39

Thanks for the rain Kitty - you have given it a push southwards and it has arrived now!!

etheltbags1 Fri 08-Sep-17 08:35:20

Hi good morning, fine here in newcastle area. X

aggie Fri 08-Sep-17 08:29:39

Morning all , lovely and bright but chilly at the moment . We have run out of oil for the heating .... sigh ...... we were to have been in the new build by now so hadn't been watching the level !

harrigran Fri 08-Sep-17 08:19:41

Good morning, it is grey but dry here.
GD's birthday today but we have already celebrated as she is at school today.
DH is off to GPs for an injection so I will have a little laze.
Saw Musculoskeletal chap yesterday and he tells me I have a partial thickness tear in a ligament and bursitis of shoulder, next step physio.

Marydoll Fri 08-Sep-17 08:16:24

Morning Mick and everyone.
Wet and miserable here outside Glasgow. Glad you enjoyed the train trip, Mick. Our trip made me feel so nostalgic,
We are off to Italy tomorrow and I have been up all night with a sore throat. No luck.
Packing to do and DH has produced two new pairs of trousers he wants to bring, which are too long. I'm going to be busy.
Have a good day all.

Nana3 Fri 08-Sep-17 07:59:23

Good morning, it's damp in Lancashire but not raining at the moment. kitty lovely pictures of Morecambe Bay on BBC Breakfast, mountains behind the sea.
Have a good day everyone.

Pittcity Fri 08-Sep-17 07:57:28

Good morning from a gloomy, damp Colchester. Can't complain about the weather though after watching the News.

Imperfect27 Fri 08-Sep-17 07:44:33

Morning fellow Kentish Maid - or Maid of Kent (?) Nina and all. smile

Our fridge is looking very well-stocked n advance of DSS2's visit for his dad's birthday which is tomorrow. We have a funeral to get through first (DH's best friend's dad) so visit all the more welcome

Hope today is kind to all x

ninathenana Fri 08-Sep-17 07:26:30

Morning all.
It seems the whole country is wet and grey it certainly is in Kent.
Our only plan is the weekly food shop.
Have a good day everyone I hope everyones appointments go well

NannyJan53 Fri 08-Sep-17 07:16:36

Good Morning Mick Booklady and everyone.

Yes, grey and rainy here in the Black Country too!

Today I am off to visit Mum, then this afternoon pop in to visit my ex-manager for a natter.

Had a lovely evening yesterday meeting a friend for a meal. Her house sale (after being on market 5 years) is finally going through, and looks like her move to Lincs is imminent. Will really miss our regular meet ups! Met her at work 7 years ago, and she is such a great friend.

Have a good day all, and hope all is ok for you today cornergran.

JaneD3 Fri 08-Sep-17 07:15:22

Kitty, you seem to get worse weather than us even though you are just up the road! Leicester has broken cloud with some sun but it rained last night. We were joined by a very sneezy, wet cat at one point. Cooking the turkey from the freezer today - long story grin.

cornergran Fri 08-Sep-17 07:08:40

Morning All. An Eeyore morning in our corner of Somerset, seriously gloomy and flipping wet. Pleased you enjoyed the train trip Mick, we've done it once, had a great day. Appointments for us too today, bit worried about the first one as came back yesterday evening to hear a message to call them urgently - they'd closed by that time. Seems odd, would think there would have been information left or they would have phoned a mobile if that urgent. Oh well, will phone at 9 and then if it's still happening off we go. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

kittylester Fri 08-Sep-17 06:56:39

Morning all!

Grey and wet in North Leicestershire.

I have stupidly busy day. Gp at 9.30, helping on a course 20 miles away at 10.00 (won't make that!) collecting Persie at 1 pm and going to the butchers and the farm shop. Silly me!

Glad you enjoyed the train Mick

Enjoy your Fridays everyone.

Gagagran Fri 08-Sep-17 06:49:48

Morning Mick Booklady and everyone from a damp and gloomy south coast. Where is the Indian summer we were promised?

Off to WI this morning. It feels like the start of a new term as we don't meet in August. It will be good to see friends old and new.

Happy days to all GNs sunshine

NfkDumpling Fri 08-Sep-17 06:48:28

Morning Mick, Booklady and All

Grey, still and overcast in Norfolk - and soggy - we obviously had overnight rain.

Early appointment with the physio this morning followed by a relaxing reflexology at home. Thought I'd treat myself. DH is off for a hospital appointment which I hope is happening. They keep muddling them up and he's gone to a couple lately and found they've been cancelled and re-arranged but they forgot to tell him.

Booklady54 Fri 08-Sep-17 06:41:01

Good morning everyone.. Thank you all for your warm welcome yesterday. Glad the Flying Scotsman trip was so good Michael.
Still grey and stormy in Dorset. Secured three boxes of books at auction yesterday so today need to see what I've actually bought, put them into stock and onto the shelves.....!
Have a good day, and again thanks for the welcome.smile

12Michael Fri 08-Sep-17 06:35:00

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey and its wet here in Brackley this morning, yesterday was great , managed to get in cab of Flying Scotsman, it was a well organised package , free time prior should have been Minehead but had a hour plus in Taunton before the rail experience, coach party's in abundance.
Mick