Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Saturday

(20 Posts)
12Michael Sat 09-Sep-17 07:12:25

Good Morning Everyone,
I`m late slept longer than normal this morning, anyway blue skies over Brackley this morning, should not be a bad day.
Mick

silverlining48 Sat 09-Sep-17 07:28:19

Good morning, its bright and sunny here south of london so the washing is on and i am enjoying a cuppa. Have a good Saturday all.

Gagagran Sat 09-Sep-17 07:37:50

Morning Mick,silver and all GNs from a sunny south coast. I am not confident it will last though. We are forecast strong winds and rain over the weekend - autumn is definitely letting us know it is here.

I am going to start sorting my wardrobe out today. There will be a large offering for the charity shop as I am determined to be ruthless. (Not sure about that either grin)

Happy days to all GNs. sunshine

kittylester Sat 09-Sep-17 07:47:01

Morning all!

We have high cloud in North Leicestershire this morning. Not a lot on today which is good after yesterday's rushing round. DS1 coming to watch the football and for food and then it's Strictly. grin

I did see Morecambe Nana3 - I'm excited now! sunshine

ninathenana Sat 09-Sep-17 07:47:34

Morning everyone.
Quiet bright in my part of Kent. A friend is off to Isle of Wight today I hope it's not too windy for her crossing, forecast is not good. Was horrendous on South coast yesterday.

cornergran Sat 09-Sep-17 07:48:17

Morning All. Bright start in our corner of Somerset. Volunteering today so Mr C will have some peace and quiet. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

NfkDumpling Sat 09-Sep-17 07:57:15

Morning All

Earlier it was bright and breezy here in the north of Norfolk, but it's starting to cloud over now. Hopefully it'll stay dry as we're helping DS take stuff to the tip this afternoon - and then bringing DGS back here for a sleepover.

Nana3 Sat 09-Sep-17 07:58:06

Good morning, it's looking grey in Lancashire, hope it improves as I'm going to Grange over Sands today.
Visiting Mum first.
Have a good day everyone.

MawBroon Sat 09-Sep-17 08:00:28

Good morning all from a sunny N Bucks. Bit of an early start (6 ish) catheter issues ?☹️?
Waiting to ring the District Nurse service when they open at 9. I have spoken to 111 and an out of hours doctor and he was of the wait and see or if Paw seems poorly collet a script for a/b opinion. Don't think there is an infection but it might have got dislodged (ouch!)
Of course it has to happen at the weekend!

cornergran Sat 09-Sep-17 08:02:47

Oh maw. Hope it's sorted and paw is ok.

MawBroon Sat 09-Sep-17 08:17:00

He seems perfectly perky, thanks (I'm the grumpy one!!)
Thank goodness this was not next Saturday!

Nelliemoser Sat 09-Sep-17 09:01:55

Good morning all.
Still p*****g down here in Cheshire. and has been all night.
Well no gardening today.

Pittcity Sat 09-Sep-17 09:02:28

Good morning from a bright but chilly Colchester. I woke early, went to the loo and then snuggled down for another hour....nearly hibernation time?
Shopping for clothes with DS today. He's not really interested but needs must thus it is a rare occurrence.

Nelliemoser Sat 09-Sep-17 09:02:30

Good morning all.
Still p*****g down here in Cheshire. and has been all night.
Well no gardening today.

Nelliemoser Sat 09-Sep-17 09:03:28

I don't know how I did that.

Nelliemoser Sat 09-Sep-17 09:11:11

Lucky you in the sunshine. We in on the western side of this little island get the rain before everyone else. Those on the east are protected a bit by the peak district and pennines.

silverlining48 Sat 09-Sep-17 09:20:20

Still sunny and the second lot of washing on the go. Hope it stays bright til both loads dry out in the garden.
Sorry about the rain nellie....think its coming our way tomorrow. ?

TerriBull Sat 09-Sep-17 09:46:24

Good morning from a wet Alnwick where we are staying for a few days, yesterday was sunny visited the wonderful castle and a fantastic 2nd hand bookshop which is housed in the defunct railway station. Vast amazing place, lovely cafe serving home made scones and tea, lots of seating areas to browse the extensive collection of books. Never been anywhere quite like it before, well worth a visit if you happen to be staying in Alnwick for a night or two.

Greyduster Sat 09-Sep-17 09:46:47

Good morning Michael and all GNs from wildest Welshest Wales, where it is cold and raining for the first day of our holiday. Internet coverage is verging on non existent and the river I was planning to fish this morning is a torrential chocolate coloured nightmare that an elephant couldn't stand up in. Oh joy! We are going to go out for a nice walk instead. Have a happy day folks.

Mapleleaf Sat 09-Sep-17 13:47:21

Afternoon, everyone.
Heavy downpours followed by sunny periods here.